All-Time WORST Movie Villains

timothy olymphant in die hard 4

Speaking of crappy trilogies, I'd like to cast a vote for the villains of the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. Davy Jones's crew was just an example of when Hollywood thinks to itself, "OOOOHH!! We've got 100 million dollars! We could use it to hire some good writers, but NAH! Let's just waste it on special effects! If it looks really weird, then people will love it!" And that islander chick who grew to gigantic proportions at the end of the last film... wow, talk about not knowing where to go with your plot.

Speaking of crappy trilogies, I'd like to cast a vote for the villains of the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels. Davy Jones's crew was just an example of when Hollywood thinks to itself, "OOOOHH!! We've got 100 million dollars! We could use it to hire some good writers, but NAH! Let's just waste it on special effects! If it looks really weird, then people will love it!" And that islander chick who grew to gigantic proportions at the end of the last film... wow, talk about not knowing where to go with your plot.

pirates 2 & 3 are crap to begin with

And that islander chick who grew to gigantic proportions at the end of the last film... wow, talk about not knowing where to go with your plot.

That was last year's biggest WHAT THE ****?!?! moment in movies.
(Just after Smokin' Aces' plot twist.)

That was last year's biggest WHAT THE ****?!?! moment in movies.
(Just after Smokin' Aces' plot twist.)

lol, yeah. But whereas Smokin' Aces' plot twist (I thought) was pretty clever and fairly well conceived, the end of POTC: At Worlds End was just one of those "Well, we ran out of ideas, so how about this!" kind of things.

The Guardian (Highlander: The Source). Like the fact that he can run really fast, but other than that...no, don't like him. Bad dailouge overall and not a clear motive.

Are we talking about movie villains or movie plots? ;)

-TNC

Kevin Spacey for Superman Returns.
Tommy Lee Jones for Batman and Robin. Yes worse than Arnies freeze.

Sandman was awesome...and cooler than all the villians on this list

Sandman was cool I liked him more than Doc Ock. Only problem was not enough speech or longer battle scenes for him.

Oh and at least he didn't die :applaud :applaud :applaud

Well it's not like his "ending" was really any better.

Sandman:...I'm sorry. I got bad luck.

Spider-Man: 'Kay. Bye.

Well it's not like his "ending" was really any better.

Sandman:...I'm sorry. I got bad luck.

Spider-Man: 'Kay. Bye.

Yeah, no kidding. "I never wanted this... I just dangled your girlfriend from a rooftop to help my daughter."

"It's okay, Sandman! We still like you!"

Stupid. And yes, maybe that means that the story, rather than the villain himself, was the problem. But to me, they are one in the same. The Sandman's powers were cool, but his motivations and actions were ridiculous. And to me, the villain (whether you're supposed to feel sympathetic to him or not) has to at least be understandable. You could argue that some bad guys (psychotic ones, primarily) act in such irrational ways that the audience can never understand them, but at least in those cases we understand that the character is insane and we can adjust our way of thinking for the situation. Sandman wasn't presented as nuts... so his actions should have made more sense.

the killer in scream 3, too pretty looking and his motivation was pretty mama's boy-ish

Sorry for the trio of posts, but are you talking about the videogame-based movie or Riki Takeuchi in Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive? The fight where he and Show Aikawa end up destroying the earth at the end...because that was AWESOMENESS.

video game based

No one mentioned the villains from X3? I mean except Magneto and Phoenix.

The vilian from meet the robinsons, I know its a kids film but he could have ben a little more evil

My problem with Sandman was that they tried to make him somewhat of a redeeming character but they clearly didn't think it through. Marko needs money for his family, so that's why he robs banks. Okay, fine, but what the hell did he do with the money? Apparently nothing because he just seems to need more and more of it. His wife hates him for being a criminal. So what does he do? He goes and commits more crimes and endangers the lives of a lot of people. But we're supposed to like him at the end because he says he's sorry. What? And having him "accidentally" be Ben Parker's killer was the stupidest thing in the entire movie. It was just a poor attempt to give Peter something to be "angry" about so his evil emo phase could be somewhat justified. It's a shame because the first two films in the series were fantastic. I hate that they totally dropped the ball on part 3.

Maybe better if he were an unrepentant thug that abused his powers to the max?

^^^Seeing as Raimi was going for the light side of villains and dark side of heroes Sandman being redeemable would have worked if Doc Ock didnt do it in the second one. 2 in a row is kinda boring and annoying

Yeah, no kidding. "I never wanted this... I just dangled your girlfriend from a rooftop to help my daughter."

"It's okay, Sandman! We still like you!"

Stupid. And yes, maybe that means that the story, rather than the villain himself, was the problem. But to me, they are one in the same. The Sandman's powers were cool, but his motivations and actions were ridiculous. And to me, the villain (whether you're supposed to feel sympathetic to him or not) has to at least be understandable. You could argue that some bad guys (psychotic ones, primarily) act in such irrational ways that the audience can never understand them, but at least in those cases we understand that the character is insane and we can adjust our way of thinking for the situation. Sandman wasn't presented as nuts... so his actions should have made more sense.
but you forgot that Peter's lession in the movie was to forgive. They really didn't have another choice for what happens to Sandman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"