Civil War Along Came a Spider - The Peter Parker / Spider-Man Thread - Part 1

I was one of those hoping for a post-college, grown up Spidey. It's becoming clear that I was dead ****ing wrong. I suck.

I loved everything from Tom Holland as PP/Spider-Man, it was so great! I was smiling all the time whenever he was onscreen. This movie got me even more excited for Homecoming which I thought it was impossible.This version of the character is definitely my favourite and Civil War left me craving for more PP/Spider-Man!

I loved everything from Tom Holland as PP/Spider-Man, it was so great! I was smiling all the time whenever he was onscreen. This movie got me even more excited for Homecoming which I thought it was impossible.This version of the character is definitely my favourite and Civil War left me craving for more PP/Spider-Man!

Real talk, feel the exact same way.

I was one of those hoping for a post-college, grown up Spidey. It's becoming clear that I was dead ****ing wrong. I suck.

The problem is that a post-college grown up Spidey would've been in New York fighting the aliens along with the Avengers and they would've had to retroactively explain why he wasn't there or why we haven't heard of him.

In my defense, I don't think we knew about Spidey showing up in CW at that time. It was in regards to a potential reboot if memory serves. Either way, after I see this thing, I probably have a 5 course crow dinner to plan.

Spider-Man was so great in this. You can really see marvel get the character more than Sony ever did.

Plus, I love how he and Tony are the rick and morty of the marvel u. Oh geez mr stark!

Spider-Man was so great in this. You can really see marvel get the character more than Sony ever did.

Plus, I love how he and Tony are the rick and morty of the marvel u. Oh geez mr stark!

if this is true it might be the greatest thing EVER, I love Rick and Morty.

Spidey is the best thing in this film.

In the
15 minutes or so that he's in it
, you get the best depiction of Spider-man on the big screen ever. His quips are perfect.

And this is the first time I've ever wanted to stick it to Aunt May. I feel dirty.

There's one, only one thing that I honestly didn't like about this Spider-Man.

His super high-tech web-shooters. Gave me horrible Ultimate Spider-Man flashbacks.

Highlight of the film for me, as many have said already, his absence was felt when not around but thats a strength to how well he was done. And yeah did the Russo's just create the AILF??

So, was Spidey almost entirely CGI all the way through, or just touched up with CGI in most parts?

So, was Spidey almost entirely CGI all the way through, or just touched up with CGI in most parts?

He looked more CGI'ed than practical because of the way he moved but there's also a scene where Tom Holland is clearly wearing the suit and it still looks a lot like CGI.

My god, Spidey was perfect in this. His quips during the fight were amazing.

I especially loved his [BLACKOUT]"Uhh... guys, they're not stopping!" When both teams were running towards each other, accompanied by his confused looks toward his teammates.[/BLACKOUT] :woot:

13062191_997132767044219_1220965457823581642_n.jpg

I especially loved his [BLACKOUT]"Uhh... guys, they're not stopping!" When both teams were running towards each other, accompanied by his confused looks toward his teammates.[/BLACKOUT] :woot:

My favourite was when he
stopped mid-battle to discuss the tech in Falcon's wings
. It was just so nerdy and Peter Parker-ish, I pretty much laughed out loud.

Also, not necessarily a funny bit but the
exchange between Spidey and Cap - "Where you from kid?.... Queens.... Brooklyn".
Just lovely stuff.

Spider-man in this movie made me feel the way The Flash does on TV. Superheroes done right.

Yeah Holland was definitely the breakout along with Boseman. I can see A LOT of people being absolutely in love with Spidey the way they were with Hulk after Avengers. I feel after the strength of spidey in Civil War, Homecoming definitely has the potential to hit a billion and put him back on the top of the Marvel world where he belonged.

I actually think homecoming may hit a billion especially if Jon Watts kills it.

Last edited:
Spiderman was my favourite character in CW, without a doubt
His short screen time was enough for him to shine and for Marvel to show off what they'd do with the character in his own film
Whilst I felt that both film series by Sony had their pros and cons, Tom Hollands portrayal knocked it outta the park
I am genuinely wanting to see his standalone film right now

Batman's always been 'my guy' since the age of eight, but I also enjoyed reading Spidey when I was younger.

This movie has completely reinvigorated my love for the character in a way I was not expecting, and Homecoming is now the superhero movie I am looking forward to most - more than Justice League, and potentially more than the solo batfleck movie, depending on how similar he is portrayed to The cluster**** of BvS.

Holland was perfection. I can't fault him for anything in this movie. This is the Spidey that fans have been yearning for.

Oh, so [blackout]he's in the running shot too?[/blackout]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"