Days of Future Past Alternate Opening Titles/Theme and soundtrack version

Gu3ree

Sidekick
Reaction score
I bought the official Chinese DVD for X-Men: Days of Future Past several months ago (Not the Rogue Cut) One of the things I looked forward to when watching it the 3rd time was the opening titles with John Ottman's score...however, I learned that there are apparently two different versions of John Ottman's opening score for DOFP.

Similarly, his soundtrack version of X2: X-Men United opening titles is not exactly the same as it is on film.

Before DOFP was released on DVD, the opening title sequence was posted on Youtube. That can be searched online, I'm not sure if I can post it here. The theme was great. I downloaded the soundtrack, and months later when I got the chance to watch the movie again, this time, online, I noticed a complete difference to the music. I prefered the film score version so much better than the soundtrack release. In the movie, the music had an exciting build-up to the main titles, it gave me chills. The soundtrack version however, is more dark and depressing and more in line with John Powell's X-Men: The Last Stand theme.

Once the movie was released on DVD in China, I ordered it, and as I mentioned, one of the things I was anticipating for was to listen to that great music in the opening titles, only to find that the theme was EXACTLY the same as the official soundtrack depressing version and I was gravely disapointed. I searched the video of the opening titles sequence of DOFP, and the music is different from the DVD copy I have.

I've been wanting to get an answer for this. I'm not sure if this is just on the Chinese copy or if Singer decided to change this on the DVD release. If so, why? The original theatrical release oepning theme was so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"