Alternative X-MEN Actors.

thegameq said:
Those panels and some of the choices make my heart ache....

FYI: Angela Bassett IS STORM. The voice, the face, the body, the authority, the sex appeal, the confidence, the stature (how tall is she?)...

ow, heart aching again.......moan....why Singer why....

Angela is 5'4.....and she turn down the role!!

Storm also isn't middle aged, even after 40 years of comics. Bassett's body really isn't all that great, despite what some annoying tabloid magazine editors/VH1 producers and the cretins that patronize those things probably would have you believe. Pretty standard gym-going-mom-type-desperately trying-to-hang-on-to-anything body.

Angela Bassett simply doesn't look anything close to idealized unless you want to pretend she does. Halle Berry does, and is in the same range of acting skill as Bassett, who again doesn't even look like she comes from the same species in comparison.

thegameq said:
:eek: :eek:

Why?!?

Who is Nona Gaye?

Yeah, Halle was never Singer's first choice as Storm. I heard Angela was offered the role, but she turned it down....Oh well!!:(

Nona Gaye was the actress for the Matrix sequels:

gaye.jpg

She's 5'11, like Storm is, and she's a good actress!!!

yes that is nona gaye, is anyone good at manips? maybe turn her into storm with the white hair at least.

ghost113 said:
yes that is nona gaye, is anyone good at manips? maybe turn her into storm with the white hair at least.

Gaye has never been held up to any of the same critical scrutiny as Berry nor has she ever had any lead roles I know of.

Say what you want to say, but Berry hasn't built her huge career from humble beginnings on stellar looks alone. Without nepotism or implants, and with plenty of challenging lead roles in addition to challenging character parts.

but guess what halle berry can't act and she is corny as bad place you did see catwoman right?

i think joe rogan is perfect in the additude and physicality! I would have never thought of it or put it together, cause i personnally dont care about him, but it is as jimi kane said, brilliant

BT18 said:
Gaye has never been held up to any of the same critical scrutiny as Berry nor has she ever had any lead roles I know of.

Say what you want to say, but Berry hasn't built her huge career from humble beginnings on stellar looks alone. Without nepotism or implants, and with plenty of challenging lead roles in addition to challenging character parts.

like BAPS... :o

oh, and the fact that Gaye hasn't had any lead roles means jack s#!t.

.TheNerdess. said:
i think joe rogan is perfect in the additude and physicality! I would have never thought of it or put it together, cause i personnally dont care about him, but it is as jimi kane said, brilliant
Joe Rogan as Wolverine? Am I the only one receiving oxygen to my brain here? :eek:

BT18 said:
Storm also isn't middle aged, even after 40 years of comics. Bassett's body really isn't all that great, despite what some annoying tabloid magazine editors/VH1 producers and the cretins that patronize those things probably would have you believe. Pretty standard gym-going-mom-type-desperately trying-to-hang-on-to-anything body.

Angela Bassett simply doesn't look anything close to idealized unless you want to pretend she does. Halle Berry does, and is in the same range of acting skill as Bassett, who again doesn't even look like she comes from the same species in comparison.

Sorry my friend you need to back up that statment, angle is better looks more mature for storm and halle barely hold sthe role up. angela has confidence and presence that berry doesn't dream to have.

Thunder Emperor said:
Sorry my friend you need to back up that statment, angle is better looks more mature for storm and halle barely hold sthe role up. angela has confidence and presence that berry doesn't dream to have.

http://www.englishlearning.com/

RagingTempest said:
Yeah, Halle was never Singer's first choice as Storm. I heard Angela was offered the role, but she turned it down....Oh well!!:(

Nona Gaye was the actress for the Matrix sequels:

gaye.jpg

She's 5'11, like Storm is, and she's a good actress!!!

:eek: :eek:

FYI: Nona Gaye IS STORM (is it just me or does she look like a better/younger version of Angela Bassett?). Haven't seen enough of her to judge her acting chops.

BT18 said:

Halle fan I take it?

I have no real problem with Halle's acting abilities. But let's be honest, she doesn't fit the role of Storm. Arguably if her character were written closer to the comic Storm she could possibly pull it off....but she just isn't storm. Angela/Nona Bassett/Gaye look the part of an African goddess. I can see Angela or Nona grabbing Hugh by the front of his shirt and telling him he will help her rather than do his lonewolf routine (Silvestri run I believe).

I really liked Sean Bean as Magneto. If they were to ever do a prequel and show Magneto in his younger days, Sean would would do fine.

Angela Bassett and Nona Gaye would both have been stronger as actresses for Storm but for looks alone, the model Iman (David Bowie's wife) would have been perfect. There's a certain regal quality to Storm and Iman has striking looks that would have carried that well. Plus she's got a cool accent that would have been perfect for Storm.

ghost113 said:
but guess what halle berry can't act and she is corny as bad place you did see catwoman right?

:confused: I wouldn't say she can't act!!! Catwoman was a terrible movie all together, you can't blame her for making a bad career movie!!! Besides Catwoman and her portrayl of Storm in the first 2 movies. I think Halle's acting has been very consistent.:up:

I still think nona gaye Should have been storm

BT18 said:
The accent is as far enough away as you can get within America and Matthew is McCrapehey when it comes to talking in any other way than his own Texas redneckese. He doesn't look like Gambit and he doesn't take character parts for reduced pay (atleast not unless it's some oscar bait he can take or something). All he cares about is cashing those 8 figure checks for increasingly awful movies he keeps crapping out these days.

It really doesn't matter about geographic proximity of where a person was born when it comes to accents when they're still different accents.

Well I can argue against all of that that and only have to point out a single movie (although I can point out many other examples) .

Reign of Fire.

Matthew McConaughey was in that and there was no chance in bad place of getting an Oscar (along with many movies he has been in).

Also accent does not mean much to an actor. Even with a mediocre actor, they can go to voice coaches to get what ever they want/need. bad place in the same movie you have an English guy with a pronounced English accent who ended up playing :batman: .

Christian Bale… you may have heard of him. ;)

As far as his "look" ... he is a semi-well built white dude. Don't need much more than that. You can make people look how ever you want on film. I mean, he looked way different in Reign of Fire from the posted pic, than he has in any other movie... hair and makeup can do a lot... seen White Chicks? :eek:

thandie-newton02.jpg

crash.jpg

Thandie Newton - Storm
There's no doubt in my mind that she would've been better than Halle Berry.

382062978.jpg

Terry O'quinn - Xavier
Don't really know if this one would've worked but he's pretty much the only balled actor not mentioned. Plus we know he can handle a wheel chair!

serkis_01.jpg

Andy Serkis - Toad
Not that he's typecast or anything.

shim.gif

michael-vartan.jpg

Michael Vartan - Gambit
Also think Josh Holloway would make a good Gambit.

po.21345.jpg

Antony Ray Parker - Bishop
First thing I thought when I saw him in the Matrix

On top of this I'm loving the suggestions of Emmy Rossum for Kitty Pride and James Franco for Nightcrawler.

you're right he would be a pretty good cyclops

Hmm, never thought about that, but his Alias Character, Michael Vaughn, does have a certain "Cyclops" vibe to him.

michael-vartan.jpg
cyclops-320x240.jpg

slap those visors on and you've got yourself a perfect Cyclops! :up:

Abrams tv shows tend to utalize alot of shared archetypes with X-Men in their ensembles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"