Amanda Waller in JUSTICE LEAGUE?

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by The Guard, Jan 31, 2013.

1. The Guard Registered

Am I the only one who hopes to see Angela Basset show up as Amanda Waller in the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, regardless of any hesitation WB may have to draw attention to GREEN LANTERN?

2. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

She was good in the role, but if WB wants to recast I wouldn't mind seeing Taraji P. Henson in the role.

3. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Yes. Her inclusion was unnecessary in Green Lantern, it was clear she was in the film to set up a bigger universe.
    I definitely definitely want Amanda Waller to be a part of Justice League, shes crucial to the JL mythos, and i also would love Angela Basset to return, give her some less goofy hair though

4. Crazymaverick Obsessed with the \S/

^ What he said.

Except that I don't want Waller just shoehorned in. They should come up with a good reason for her to be there, and not shortchange anything else at her expense either.

5. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

I like the idea of Waller because it provides a parallel between Avengers and JL. Waller shows the government's distrust of superheros, while Avengers are a government organization basically.

I'd like a Waller appearance to set up a sequel involving Checkmate, Maxwell Lord, and Brother Eye. If Amanda Waller is involved I definitely want to see Maxwell Lord, thats a must.

6. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

I don't know, she was obviously WB's attempt at creating a Nick Fury character for their films, except Angela Basset in a bad wig is nowhere near as cool as Sam Jackson with an eye patch.

I also feel like having someone like Basset in the role is sort of missing the point of the character. The best actress for Waller might actually be... Mo'Nique. Hey, she has an Oscar after all. Either her or Ving Rhames in drag.

7. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Shhhhh....

If recast THIS is Amanda Waller. CCH Pounder
    [​IMG]

8. cleverusername8 Registered

She shouldn't be the one to bring the heroes together as a Nick Fury... that'd be silly for multiple reasons. But she'd work better as a minor antagonist for the League through- what someone said- the government's distrust of the League personified. Then they could have their anchor for a Suicide Squad movie spinoff since I think WB said they wanted to do that. Included in the JL movie universe and everything.

Again, I don't know enough actresses to have any suggestions for who should play her, but Angela Bassett didn't seem the way I imagine Waller... just from what I've seen from trailers.

9. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

I want Bats and Supes to bring the league together, Ocean's 11 style.

Waller should just the government POV. More antagonistic than Shield though. They want to keep control of (Superman) and the League, an extension of the MoS story I assume.

10. Micromind Registered

Angela Bassset was fine as Waller in GL movie, I would like to see her again in a JL movie but in a bigger role.

Waller could assemble a team that could take on JL is needed.

11. Mach2Infinity You Are Soul

"Warner does luuuuuurve its secrets"

12. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I think they should avoid the Avengers "assemble the team" schtick.

13. shauner111 Registered

No Amanda Waller.

14. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Waller would be cool to be in the film, but clearly not as Nick Fury. That's a ridiculous suggestion.

If the OMAC/Maxwell Lord threat is used and they decide to resurrect that element from Mortal, then she could be used as a higher-up pulling the strings, with OMAC being an element of the umbrella organization: Project Cadmus.

But, this all depends on GL's place in this universe. If it's ignored, no point in keeping Angela Basset

15. combocaz Registered

I would love to see batman and her in a confrontation.

[YT]ruwIBT-noAs[/YT]

#15 combocaz, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  16. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Mo'Nique, guys. Seriously.

17. jmc away for a while

Yeah, coz what WB needs to do is copy Marvel and have some government agent act as some link between movies.

18. Micromind Registered

No one is suggesting that Waller should be doing what Nick Fury does in Avengers, I don't want to see Amanda Waller recruiting super heroes to form a JL league team.

Let Waller do what she always does in comics, keep check on what the super heroes are upto and form a plan to counter them if such a time comes, we may see (in the JL sequels ) that she forma a Anti- JL team.

Angela Basset and Mark Strong were perfectly cast in GL movie, why replace them ?

19. jmc away for a while

GL is a distant memory. Time to move on.

20. 7heBoss Registered

Amanda Waller is definitely more of an antagonist, opposing the Justice League instead of bringing them together. Maybe they could just have her do what she is currently doing in JLA. Forming a Team as a contingency for these unpredictable Supers. That could provide the threat that motivates the Leaguers to come together. Like as more and more heroes crop up around the world like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman etc. the government or some organization feels the need to take control of the situation. Forming a team of obedient Supers to counter the ones that are currently out there. This team would be tasked with eliminating any super that the government doesn't have control over. Batman with all his resources becomes aware of these hits and realized that this team it too formidable for any single individual to take on alone so he knows their only shot at survival is to join forces and oppose them.

Atleast it would sort of distance itself from Avengers as it isn't a Cosmic threat.
    Also it isn't a small group against a giant army like in Avengers. It would be two equal groups battling.