Amazing Fantasy photo-help, please

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Chris Wallace, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Odin's Lapdog Registered

but they ruined the spider on the back and made it orange and purple.

I'm not a big emblem fan at heart, spidey isn't represented in comics like superman by an emblem on his chest, spidey is represented by his mask.

The whole shirt busting open and emblem underneath is just tiresome and not reflective of the actual character.

I mean spidey can be spidey without his costume and just a mask on. if he has his costume on and his mask on, he's still just peter parker.

The mask makes the hero, it's all about the mask, a point they've failed to get at in the films, especially when they are whisking it off at every opportunity.

2. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

What The Hell Are You Talking About? Orange & Purple? First Of All, They Corrected The Back Emblem, Making It Look Like An Actual Spider Instead Of A Crab.
    The Rest Of Your Post I Agree With To A Point, But They Do Put The Emphasis On The Mask. Truth Be Told, Any Hero Who Wears Both A Mask And A Chest Emblem (Batman, Daredevil, Etc.)is Defined By The Mask First, I Think. It's Just That Superman Doesn't Wear One.

3. Odin's Lapdog Registered

the emblem on the back of the first spider definitely looks better, if not the best variation of it i've seen to date.

the newer ones are top heavy and have the legs spread further apart which i don't personally like but that's personal taste.

the increase of spider size is to put an emphasise on it as if that's the most important part of his costume. when he's not like other heroes where the central emblem is that important to his costume.

The mask seems to just be a tool that masks peter's identity in the films, it might as well be a piece of cloth or not even there at all with the amount of times he has it off.

with all the shirt busting that's occuring to reveal the central spider logo, it seems that the film's main focus of showing it's 'action time' is a central emblem reveal rather than a 'putting on mask shot' (which should technically be the last thing he does before jumping into action).

you're right about the mask identity (although i think batman's is fifty fifty because he's got a bat-sign and also the flash is definitely a chest emblem kinda guy, perhaps it's different for DC), but they are trying to put emphasis on the chest in a superman sort of way that i dont think suits the character.

as for the colour scheme of the second costume, it definitely werent good reds and blues that were used, the costume felt lighter in make up and not as rich.