Comics Amazing Spider-Man #1 (ugh) By Ryan Ottley! and Nic Spencer

Issue 27 was so much fun. I love the Spider-Man and Boomerang dynamic. I can't really remember the last time Spider-Man was the straight man in a team-up. Beetle is proving to be duplicitous as ever (though not as much as Fred). Selling out to Fisk like that. What will the rest of the Syndicate think, if (when) they find out I wonder... Looking forward to the next issue. I really hope we find out what's in the box Kingpin wants so badly next issue. Seriously, it's been over a year.... Also, I called it with Randy's mystery girlfriend. So glad Spencer also sees the potential of where that could go...

Spoilers for issue 27

We find out at the end that Janice's aka Beetle's new boyfriend is Peter's roommate, Randy.

I think this is a pretty neat development for a couple of reasons. Randy obviously knows she's a villain and now Peter knows they're a thing but how does he let on that he knows. This is how you do the Parker luck. And two, their dads are such bitter enemies. We might see the Robbie/Tombstone rivalry renewed.
Really cool development but I pretty much only enjoyed the latter half of this issue. The first half with Syndicate/Boomerang...I just can't really get into. Let's see what this week's like!

Issue 28...

The end of the Boomerang/Syndicate arc. A pretty satisfying conclusion and seems to match most of Spencer's work thus far, a slow start to a smart finish.

Spider-Man takes a back seat in this issue but still shines in the few pages that he is in. The development of Janice and Randy is pretty sweet and it should be interesting to see how it continues. Boomerang really does want to take on the hero gig. We still don't know exactly what he has on Kingpin but it was enough to turn the tide on the outcome. Makes me even more anxious to know exactly what it might be.

I'm not 100% sold on Walker for art duties. It's good at some points and lackluster in others. Either way I'm looking forward to the pairing of Ottley and Gleason.

I wasn't sure where to post this and I didn't want to make an entirely new thread to discuss it but...

I do highly recommend Marvel Comics #1000.

It's much better than what I was expecting and when it was first announced, imo, the idea of it sounded more like a cash grab than anything else. But, it's actually a really good read. It's essentially 80, 1-page short stories covering the 80 year history of Marvel. There's several Spider-Man pages in there including 2 that feature MJ. And one of the pages is an apology of sorts from JMS for Sins Past.

Again, I really recommend this.

I wasn't sure where to post this and I didn't want to make an entirely new thread to discuss it but...

I do highly recommend Marvel Comics #1000.

It's much better than what I was expecting and when it was first announced, imo, the idea of it sounded more like a cash grab than anything else. But, it's actually a really good read. It's essentially 80, 1-page short stories covering the 80 year history of Marvel. There's several Spider-Man pages in there including 2 that feature MJ. And one of the pages is an apology of sorts from JMS for Sins Past.

Again, I really recommend this.

I read it, and it was pretty decent. I found some pages better than others. Honestly, the Phil Lord one with Ock was AWESOME. The Conway/Dodson one was GREAT, and the Campbell one was gorgeous...and reminds me of how cool it would be to see him draw Spider-man monthly.

As for ASM, I heard issue 29 featured...
Peter with an engagement ring to give to MJ?! WHAT?! I need to get caught up on ASM...like, now!

I read it, and it was pretty decent. I found some pages better than others. Honestly, the Phil Lord one with Ock was AWESOME. The Conway/Dodson one was GREAT, and the Campbell one was gorgeous...and reminds me of how cool it would be to see him draw Spider-man monthly.

As for ASM, I heard issue 29 featured...
Peter with an engagement ring to give to MJ?! WHAT?! I need to get caught up on ASM...like, now!

Wait !?!?!?! What? I didn’t read the issue yet. Got it sitting at home waiting for me. Damn I tried to resist clicking on that spoiler tag in your post but couldn’t lol. Got to get home and read this ASAP. Marvel better not be dangling a carrot in front of me. My heart can’t take it.

Ok so just read the issue. Wow. Fantastic issue. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about it. This issue is a Peter/MJ fans dream. Spencer just writes such a good relationship and has the chemistry between the two down perfectly. I swear Marvel better not be playing games with that ending. I stopped collecting comics at one point due to OMD. You play games with me on this and I’m packing my bags again lol.

Probably the best issue from his run yet. Enjoyed the bad place out of it.

Ok so just read the issue. Wow. Fantastic issue. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about it. This issue is a Peter/MJ fans dream. Spencer just writes such a good relationship and has the chemistry between the two down perfectly. I swear Marvel better not be playing games with that ending. I stopped collecting comics at one point due to OMD. You play games with me on this and I’m packing my bags again lol.

Probably the best issue from his run yet. Enjoyed the bad place out of it.

100% right there wit you. If they are teasing this, but not going to commit (pun intended), then I'm done. We've endured enough CRAP. I want to think that Spencer may be on his way to repairing the Spider-Man books. This would be a complete overhaul and return to greatness! I'm even fine with
there being consequences for them undoing Mephisto's deal. Have a big event or something where Peter basically has to have the same conversation he had with Aunt May's soul the last time she was about to die. Let her say she lived a long life, and that she's ready to go home...much like she did in Spider-Man PS4.

Issue 29....

This past arc took the spotlight off Peter. So how do you begin the next one? Peter is back to front and center with the highlight examining his relationship with Mary Jane. There's a beautiful speech from Aunt May that imo was something I've been waiting for, for sometime. And really what it comes down to is that Peter and MJ are right for one another. They always have been and always will be.

This is a smartly told story. We already know that because of the old Parker Luck, Peter isn't going to be able to see MJ off. But instead of the story focusing on that it rightly focuses on the pain that this causes him. In the end, MJ understands this is how things are. She acknowledges the importance of what he's doing. Even as much as it pains her too. It's not just about love, it's responsibility. Once again Spencer shows us how meaningful this relationship is and it's great to once again see these characters behaving as they should.

I firmly believe that this isn't a 'pull the rug' out from under us plot or I don't think it's something that won't go anywhere. Spencer has yet to do anything of the sort. Even the smallest bits in his stories have been utilized in future issues. Besides, Spencer I believe has a real affection for these characters. It shows in his writing and the care he puts into the stories, their dialogue, etc.

And all this just further proves that everything Slott was doing on the book was nothing more than his own selfish serving of not giving a f**k. Look at this quote from Dan during a 2015 C2E2:

"Writing MJ in Brand New Day and in Big Time and Superior. It's very much the relationship that can't go anywhere. Because we always know that they're not getting married. If Marvel went through all this trouble to get them unmarried, you as a fan know they're not gonna get married. So whenever they're together, it's "here's a relationship that can't go anywhere" and that's not fun."

Total BS as Spencer is proving with just about every issue on his run thus far. Slott had an agenda and didn't care about anything else. It was never his fault for the stories. It wasn't his fault Peter and MJ couldn't be together. Gosh, do you remember his childish rant about how Peter and MJ could never be married again and that everyone at Marvel was in lock step about it? That there wasn't anything that could ever be done to reunite them. Yet one of the first things Quesada told Spencer is that there was never any restrictions on making Peter and MJ a couple again. It honestly makes me angry that we had to endure 10 years of lying, childish, fan fiction garbage from a proven liar and a hack of writer. I guess the silver lining is that it makes everything going on now all that much more sweet.

Imo, I think we'll see Peter propose to MJ in issue 40. Time wise this is around the time the Amazing Mary Jane series will hit its 5th issue. Then we'll see the wedding in issue 50.

I'm seriously just so completely satisfied with Spencer's run at this point. It's checking all my boxes. I hope he continues for a long time so long as he's got stories to tell. I'm gonna own the Spencer omnibus... some other day ;)

Issue 29....

This past arc took the spotlight off Peter. So how do you begin the next one? Peter is back to front and center with the highlight examining his relationship with Mary Jane. There's a beautiful speech from Aunt May that imo was something I've been waiting for, for sometime. And really what it comes down to is that Peter and MJ are right for one another. They always have been and always will be.

This is a smartly told story. We already know that because of the old Parker Luck, Peter isn't going to be able to see MJ off. But instead of the story focusing on that it rightly focuses on the pain that this causes him. In the end, MJ understands this is how things are. She acknowledges the importance of what he's doing. Even as much as it pains her too. It's not just about love, it's responsibility. Once again Spencer shows us how meaningful this relationship is and it's great to once again see these characters behaving as they should.

I firmly believe that this isn't a 'pull the rug' out from under us plot or I don't think it's something that won't go anywhere. Spencer has yet to do anything of the sort. Even the smallest bits in his stories have been utilized in future issues. Besides, Spencer I believe has a real affection for these characters. It shows in his writing and the care he puts into the stories, their dialogue, etc.

And all this just further proves that everything Slott was doing on the book was nothing more than his own selfish serving of not giving a f**k. Look at this quote from Dan during a 2015 C2E2:

"Writing MJ in Brand New Day and in Big Time and Superior. It's very much the relationship that can't go anywhere. Because we always know that they're not getting married. If Marvel went through all this trouble to get them unmarried, you as a fan know they're not gonna get married. So whenever they're together, it's "here's a relationship that can't go anywhere" and that's not fun."

Total BS as Spencer is proving with just about every issue on his run thus far. Slott had an agenda and didn't care about anything else. It was never his fault for the stories. It wasn't his fault Peter and MJ couldn't be together. Gosh, do you remember his childish rant about how Peter and MJ could never be married again and that everyone at Marvel was in lock step about it? That there wasn't anything that could ever be done to reunite them. Yet one of the first things Quesada told Spencer is that there was never any restrictions on making Peter and MJ a couple again. It honestly makes me angry that we had to endure 10 years of lying, childish, fan fiction garbage from a proven liar and a hack of writer. I guess the silver lining is that it makes everything going on now all that much more sweet.

Imo, I think we'll see Peter propose to MJ in issue 40. Time wise this is around the time the Amazing Mary Jane series will hit its 5th issue. Then we'll see the wedding in issue 50.

I'm seriously just so completely satisfied with Spencer's run at this point. It's checking all my boxes. I hope he continues for a long time so long as he's got stories to tell. I'm gonna own the Spencer omnibus... some other day ;)

Honestly, the whole "it ages Peter" thing is crap, and they've started to realize it. Now that Miles AND Gwen are in the 616 (who didn't see that coming?), there are 2 active teen spider-people from which to choose...so they can quit having Peter be a slacker man-child, which I have had enough of for three lifetimes, at this point.

Spencer gets them married off and puts the final nail in the coffin of One More Day, then his run will have approached a height not hit since the Roger Stern run of old. Bring it on. You will start seeing so many Spidey fans buying the book again. I mean, look at the reception so far...it's far better than anything the last 10 years, and I don't have to constantly feel like it's work to get through an arc. I used to read them with a "here comes the 'next big thing' event" weight on my shoulders. You could see them building to an event you didn't care about, or getting ready to rewrite your favorite character in a way that made NO sense, and you got angry, or worse, indifferent to it.

In difference has killed the habit for many people I know who used to read monthly. So many have just realized they don't care, and feel like their voices are ignored, so they stay away. I know I only came back for the big issues or the occasional variant, only to cringe at the story (and sometimes the artwork) inside, and just put it back on the shelf thinking that I could have spent time doing anything else. Shoot...since Superior (which I enjoyed), I've felt like Slott's Spidey was very much his C-list ideas. "Let's make Peter Iron Man! Now, let's make the public hate Peter like they use to hate Spider-Man! NOW, we're going to give Green Goblin the Carnage symbiote! RED GOBLIN...RED GOBLIN!! Now...let's kill a classic Ditko-era character....and my legacy is SEALED!!"

Nope. Glad we have Spencer.

I’ve never liked Slotts run on Spider-Man. Granted it was hard for me to invest completely into it because it was coming fresh off the heels of OMD so I basically had one foot out of the door. However I gave Slott a try and pretty much tapped out eventually. Marvel had hyped it all up so much brain washing people into believing that MJ and the marriage were holding them back from making amazing stories. So what happens ? They get rid of all that and what do we get ? Nothing but straight up mediocrity during Slotts run and that putting it gently.

There’s a lot of wishful thinking going on here with the whole they will get married in issue 50. Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping you’re right but I don’t see that happening that fast. Praying I’m wrong about that..If Spencer can somehow get Marvel to sign off on that I will Be shocked big time. Then again Who knows? Stranger things have happened. I mean, It wasn’t that long that we had super heroes and devils making deals so I guess anything could happen.

I agree. Loving Spencer and he’s checking all of my boxers as well. The guy just seems to get Spider-Man and he’s writing one of the better Peter/MJ relationships ever no doubt. Their interactions just ooze chemistry. The only thing hurting his run is the constant artist changes.

However I feel like he’s playing a dangerous game here with what’s going on. If somehow this is a “just tease the fans kind of moment” I feel that would pretty much destroy his entire run in a sense. I don’t even want to think of the fan backlash if somehow Marvel just led us on for nothing. I’m not saying Spencer would be the type of writer to do that....but man....Marvel has let me down so much as a Spider-Man fan that it’s really hard for me to completely let my guard down.

I’ve never liked Slotts run on Spider-Man. Granted it was hard for me to invest completely into it because it was coming fresh off the heels of OMD so I basically had one foot out of the door. However I gave Slott a try and pretty much tapped out eventually. Marvel had hyped it all up so much brain washing people into believing that MJ and the marriage were holding them back from making amazing stories. So what happens ? They get rid of all that and what do we get ? Nothing but straight up mediocrity during Slotts run and that putting it gently.

There’s a lot of wishful thinking going on here with the whole they will get married in issue 50. Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping you’re right but I don’t see that happening that fast. Praying I’m wrong about that..If Spencer can somehow get Marvel to sign off on that I will Be shocked big time. Then again Who knows? Stranger things have happened. I mean, It wasn’t that long that we had super heroes and devils making deals so I guess anything could happen.

Well, they droned on and on about making better comics without a married Spider-Man, but he has had, what, ONE relationship that wasn't with MJ since then? Wow. And that went south, and she even became a goblin because of bankrupt ideas. Finding one great story that couldn't have been done (or done better) with a married Spider-Man is tough. It's like finding a storyline that is so good it justifies bringing Norman or Harry back from the dead. Those 2 characters had SOLID death arcs that paralleled AND diverged from each other, cementing the characters' differences. Then, they cheapened both deaths because "healing factors".

Should they get married again, I'll expect Joe Q. and Company will be avoiding any reference to it, or they will go with the ol' "This was the long game all along" crap. And crap it will be. Spidey coming out 3 times a month to cover up the fact it was selling poorly...

Steve McNiven drew an arc. AND he kept a deadline, and it didn't sell like hotcakes on Marvel's flagship title because Marvel killed all interest. MCNIVEN! And Slott was coming off of She-Hulk (still his best ongoing he ever did) and the Spider-Man/Human Torch mini (still his best Spidey work). The fact the book didn't blow the doors off of the industry should have told them something was rotten.

I think the most telling thing about BND and the rest of Slott's run is that there is not one thing about it that is memorable and all of it is easily replaced. From what was supposed to be the new classic Spider-Man, it ended up giving us nothing. Creatively uninspired.

It was simply the creators at the time trying to twist the narrative to make what they were doing to be the right way. As in the only way. Because no one would be talking about OMD a year after it was over, right? BND was gonna be so good it'd make everyone forget about it. Yet, 10+ years later and here we are.

Issue 50 for the wedding might be hasty. Might be. But... time wise it makes sense imo when you look at the Amazing Mary Jane series. And 50 is a big issue. But who knows. We'll see.

I agree. Loving Spencer and he’s checking all of my boxers as well. The guy just seems to get Spider-Man and he’s writing one of the better Peter/MJ relationships ever no doubt. Their interactions just ooze chemistry. The only thing hurting his run is the constant artist changes.

However I feel like he’s playing a dangerous game here with what’s going on. If somehow this is a “just tease the fans kind of moment” I feel that would pretty much destroy his entire run in a sense. I don’t even want to think of the fan backlash if somehow Marvel just led us on for nothing. I’m not saying Spencer would be the type of writer to do that....but man....Marvel has let me down so much as a Spider-Man fan that it’s really hard for me to completely let my guard down.

It's not wrong to feel that way. 10 years of getting burned over and over will do that to you. I feel the same. However, Spencer has given me hope. And I know people love to paint Marvel as being stupid but this is a new era under a new regime. And don't think that marvel isn't aware of the Batman wedding debacle that went down this past year. Not only should they learn from that but if they're smart about it, they can use that to their advantage. Give the fans back the most important thing. Trust.

Well, they droned on and on about making better comics without a married Spider-Man, but he has had, what, ONE relationship that wasn't with MJ since then? Wow. And that went south, and she even became a goblin because of bankrupt ideas. Finding one great story that couldn't have been done (or done better) with a married Spider-Man is tough. It's like finding a storyline that is so good it justifies bringing Norman or Harry back from the dead. Those 2 characters had SOLID death arcs that paralleled AND diverged from each other, cementing the characters' differences. Then, they cheapened both deaths because "healing factors".

Should they get married again, I'll expect Joe Q. and Company will be avoiding any reference to it, or they will go with the ol' "This was the long game all along" crap. And crap it will be. Spidey coming out 3 times a month to cover up the fact it was selling poorly...

Steve McNiven drew an arc. AND he kept a deadline, and it didn't sell like hotcakes on Marvel's flagship title because Marvel killed all interest. MCNIVEN! And Slott was coming off of She-Hulk (still his best ongoing he ever did) and the Spider-Man/Human Torch mini (still his best Spidey work). The fact the book didn't blow the doors off of the industry should have told them something was rotten.

It was just about twisting the narrative to fit their idea. It was their way or nothing. Too many examples to list, but here's one.

RYV outsold the big event, Clone Conspiracy. Yet when this was brought up to Slott, he'd simply brush it off as RYV sales did what they expected and nothing more. Even as CC sales were dipping, he'd twist it so that oh you just don't know how things are behind the scenes. Sales are great and we're getting so much positive feedback. Yeah. Uh huh. Sure.

I think the most telling thing about BND and the rest of Slott's run is that there is not one thing about it that is memorable and all of it is easily replaced. From what was supposed to be the new classic Spider-Man, it ended up giving us nothing. Creatively uninspired.

It was simply the creators at the time trying to twist the narrative to make what they were doing to be the right way. As in the only way. Because no one would be talking about OMD a year after it was over, right? BND was gonna be so good it'd make everyone forget about it. Yet, 10+ years later and here we are.

Issue 50 for the wedding might be hasty. Might be. But... time wise it makes sense imo when you look at the Amazing Mary Jane series. And 50 is a big issue. But who knows. We'll see.

It's not wrong to feel that way. 10 years of getting burned over and over will do that to you. I feel the same. However, Spencer has given me hope. And I know people love to paint Marvel as being stupid but this is a new era under a new regime. And don't think that marvel isn't aware of the Batman wedding debacle that went down this past year. Not only should they learn from that but if they're smart about it, they can use that to their advantage. Give the fans back the most important thing. Trust.

It was just about twisting the narrative to fit their idea. It was their way or nothing. Too many examples to list, but here's one.

RYV outsold the big event, Clone Conspiracy. Yet when this was brought up to Slott, he'd simply brush it off as RYV sales did what they expected and nothing more. Even as CC sales were dipping, he'd twist it so that oh you just don't know how things are behind the scenes. Sales are great and we're getting so much positive feedback. Yeah. Uh huh. Sure.

Yep. Renew Your Vows did so well that they made it an ongoing, and then actively farmed out the entire creative team to other titles AND threw in a 5 year later jump to ensure that ANY momentum they had would be lost. Marvel seemed to have sabotaging the title. The more I look back it, that's exactly what they did. Add to that the fact that Amazing Spider-Man became just...crap. Alex Ross covers on what may have been the most unreadable Spidey title in a decade...and that's saying something.

Also, Slott's Iron Man title is getting canceled, and he's not writing the new title.

I completely agree about OMD. And yeah a lot of what he did with Spidey I didn't like.
I liked Slott's Spidey-Verse storyline a lot though

He had the occasional good arcs. I enjoyed Spider-Island, Matters of Life and Death, and the FIRST Spider-Verse. I thought it just dragged on a bit too long. Either way, it gave us Spider-Gwen, so that justifies it all to me!

Yep. Renew Your Vows did so well that they made it an ongoing, and then actively farmed out the entire creative team to other titles AND threw in a 5 year later jump to ensure that ANY momentum they had would be lost. Marvel seemed to have sabotaging the title. The more I look back it, that's exactly what they did. Add to that the fact that Amazing Spider-Man became just...crap. Alex Ross covers on what may have been the most unreadable Spidey title in a decade...and that's saying something.

Also, Slott's Iron Man title is getting canceled, and he's not writing the new title.

I'm not surprised. He's not a good writer. I'm not sure about the time frame but within a short period after acquiring IM and FF he needed help writing them and they were both late. Even with help both those titles were being pushed back. Smh. Yet in comparison Spencer, back in April I think, wrote 4 issues in one month and 3 in the month after that.

I completely agree about OMD. And yeah a lot of what he did with Spidey I didn't like.
I liked Slott's Spidey-Verse storyline a lot though

The only stuff I truly dug from Slott was his I'm with Stupid mini and the RYV mini.

I'm not surprised. He's not a good writer. I'm not sure about the time frame but within a short period after acquiring IM and FF he needed help writing them and they were both late. Even with help both those titles were being pushed back. Smh. Yet in comparison Spencer, back in April I think, wrote 4 issues in one month and 3 in the month after that.

The only stuff I truly dug from Slott was his I'm with Stupid mini and the RYV mini.

Honestly, both Marvel and DC seem to be struggling with so many books maintaining a monthly schedule. If only there were other writers and artists out there who would jump at the opportunity to work for the big two..
*ahem*

Yeah, those are Slott's two best works...both featuring Peter and MJ married to each other. Go figure!

I'm not 100% sold on Walker for art duties. It's good at some points and lackluster in others. Either way I'm looking forward to the pairing of Ottley and Gleason.

Okay, I almost got caught up on the Amazing Spider-Man. Didn't grab the last 2 issues. Money.

LOVED the ending to "Hunted". Loved it. Loved the two part kindred/Hunted epilogue story. The MJ story had me hooked! Even Ramos's artwork couldn't destroy the issue. The humorous story at the end had me crying! IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! Loved the entire issue 25!

Then came the Female Syndicate issues. I...just hated them. I'm annoyed enough by having Electro-lady, but having the all-female rogues was just...forced and weird. Beetle is literally the only one I like. I think Lady Ock may be my least favorite of them all because she puts me in mind of Carloyn Trainer from the Clone Saga...and she was just...the worst. Still, I loved Peter and Fred's back and forth, and the Kingpin intrigue is great. So, story-wise, I'm 50/50 on it...
...then the artwork. Wow. WHAT. THE. *insert expletive of choice in all caps here* ?!
Fred's head was behind Peter and MJ's in one scene, but it was BIGGER than Peter's. Also, Peter looked roughly 50 in some of those scenes. The guy's Spidey was off, and the whole thing looked like it was outlined with a sharpie. I...I got nothing. I couldn't hardly even get through the issue. This guy made Ramos shine by comparison. They should give this guy's job to the guy who is drawing Marvel Team-up. He draws a stellar Spidey, and he's hungry for the work!! (I follow him on Instagram) Or...maybe they could give me the job. At least I don't draw Spidey with teardrop eyes.
Ugh.

Ahem.

That being said, it felt good to get (almost) caught up.

Okay, I almost got caught up on the Amazing Spider-Man. Didn't grab the last 2 issues. Money.

LOVED the ending to "Hunted". Loved it. Loved the two part kindred/Hunted epilogue story. The MJ story had me hooked! Even Ramos's artwork couldn't destroy the issue. The humorous story at the end had me crying! IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! Loved the entire issue 25!

Then came the Female Syndicate issues. I...just hated them. I'm annoyed enough by having Electro-lady, but having the all-female rogues was just...forced and weird. Beetle is literally the only one I like. I think Lady Ock may be my least favorite of them all because she puts me in mind of Carloyn Trainer from the Clone Saga...and she was just...the worst. Still, I loved Peter and Fred's back and forth, and the Kingpin intrigue is great. So, story-wise, I'm 50/50 on it...
...then the artwork. Wow. WHAT. THE. *insert expletive of choice in all caps here* ?!
Fred's head was behind Peter and MJ's in one scene, but it was BIGGER than Peter's. Also, Peter looked roughly 50 in some of those scenes. The guy's Spidey was off, and the whole thing looked like it was outlined with a sharpie. I...I got nothing. I couldn't hardly even get through the issue. This guy made Ramos shine by comparison. They should give this guy's job to the guy who is drawing Marvel Team-up. He draws a stellar Spidey, and he's hungry for the work!! (I follow him on Instagram) Or...maybe they could give me the job. At least I don't draw Spidey with teardrop eyes.
Ugh.

Ahem.

That being said, it felt good to get (almost) caught up.

The syndicate issues were Just meh. Trust me. I’m with you on that. Just felt like typical filler stuff. Might not have been the best time to put those out considering we were really knee deep in the kindred stuff but whatever.....Hopefully they can get the Kindred stuff burning again soon.

Finally caught up on all things Spidey. Still have GOING BIG, VELOCITY, and #1000 to read though.

ASM #28
I have to mirror ragingdemon. I said it before -- I just couldn't get behind this whole Syndicate arc. It's tough seeing Spidey take the backseat. Although it's cool to see Randy get his arc and some developments, it's tough for me to invest into anything with Beetle, Electro, etc.

ASM #29
NOW we're talking. AWESOME. No pun intended. Mirror a lot of UWH's thoughts on this one. Look, I'm an MJ fan -- always have been -- so it's great to see them FINALLY back together. When I started reading again back in '12, it was lame to see them apart. It's a great point that this issue was a showcase of what TYPE of relationship they have. I also really loved that page of dialogue Aunt May had talking to Peter. So much that I took a pic of it and saved it to my phone. The end page was a great cliffhanger and can't wait to see how their relationship progresses with Spencer at the helm.

Call me if they ever ACTUALLY fix OMD. Until then I stand by my decision to never buy another issue, as do many other fans they greatly offended with that garbage decision. Biggest blight on Quesada's time as EIC imo.

So regarding the Kindred situation....ASM 30
Has some juicy tidbits regarding him. Marvel released some preview pages and apparently
he is quite familiar with Norman Osborn and knows him well

The plot thickens....

Call me if they ever ACTUALLY fix OMD. Until then I stand by my decision to never buy another issue, as do many other fans they greatly offended with that garbage decision. Biggest blight on Quesada's time as EIC imo.

I was in your same boat a while back so I completely understand. However, Spencer is doing some damn good things with the title and is planting seeds to make everything “right” again. Whether he sticks the landing or not is another story but the title is definitely on the right track. This is also the best that the Peter/MJ relationship has been written in what seems like an eternity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"