Amazon Studios Invincible

New trailer out: Can’t post because of the violence. Looks pretty cool, though. Though I wish the animation could be a bit better. I dig it.

First 3 episodes should drop in a few hrs on Amazon Prime

Yeah looking forward to it.

First episode was decent. Animated design is good but flow is stiff due to budgetary reasons.

The show is VERY graphic. Makes The Boys look like its Pg-13.

I noticed each episode is 40mins long which is great for an animated show since thats very rare.

Last edited:
As a huge fan of this comic (have every single issue) I'm not a fan of some of the changes they made but so far besides changing Amber's race and making William gay from the start it's a pretty good show.

At the speed they're going we'll get to that storyline soon enough.

It's just amazing that 3 episodes in and his only redeeming quality is that he's good looking outside of his costume. That's it. They've given him no redeemable qualities unless they think he's actually funny.

This is kind of average so far. It’s not bad, per se’ but it does have that “been there done that feel.” The show reminds me a little bit of Sky High. My main gripe with this is the same gripe I have with the latest Young Justice seasons which is the animation. It’s not awful or anything, but like YJ it really does feel like it was made with Adobe flash player at points. Don’t get me wrong, I dig it’s old-school look just fine but the motion looks too stilted and not lively at points, and I get that it’s due to budget but I think this show would leave a stronger first impression with more impressive animation. It doesn’t have to be movie-quality exactly, but it shouldn’t feel only a touch above fan animation. I mean animation is arguably a better medium to adapt comics in than live-action but the problem is I think too many Western studios are willing to cut corners on animation for the sake of budget when I think they should try and be ambitious and try to make it look better.

This show’s animation certainly pales in comparison to other superhero shows like One Punch Man & My Hero Academia.

I mean you have live-action superhero shows like Falcon & Winter Soldier that look as good, or even better than a live action superhero movie. I wish we could get an animated superhero show that has movie quality animation, or close to it. This is supposed to be a throwback to the style of 90’s superhero shows, but shows like BTAS & even STAS series had fair better animation & those shows were almost 30 years ago.

Still think this show should've been live action but thats just me. This could've rivaled The Boys or TWD if it were.
Show would be too costly to realize in the live-action format not unless you scale things down for the sake budget. Kirkman has said that a live-action version is still in development, but that’s for a movie.

Last edited:
loved the use of various Walking Dead cast members as voices of the Guardians

Another thing that I wonder about is how they will handle things since they are kind of jumping around the time line of when Mark first started out. Because Amber wasn't supposed to be introduced until much later same with Eve and Rex breaking up. However I do like how they are some what staying true to the comic's or most important parts of it.

This ensemble voice cast is amazing.

The first three eps weren't bad either. I'd heard about the comic years ago when I was actually reading on a regular basis, but never got around to it. I'll keep checking it out, for no other reason than I need more activity on my Prime account to justify continuing to re-up.

You missed out @Mister J the comic's were amazing but what hurt the series was all the delays due to TWD blowing up and a little bit of Image United. I love the Spider-Man team-up they did although I doubt we'll see that on the show as well as the hint of him meeting Batman. One thing I hope they keep is him always going to the comic book shop.

Last edited:
I heard similar things @Calvin Ellis, but I believe my legendary frugality won out in deciding against it. The impression was enough that my eyes got wide when I heard there was a series.

There are always TPBs, I suppose.

So, I just finished the first episode, and...

Holy s**t. I mean, what the ****?!? Omni-Man is ****ing terrifying. ****.

I haven’t been that shocked or disarmed by something like that since...forever.

The first episode was a bit dull, the next two were better.

I've always been aware of the comic but knowing how closely they are following them...dont know if i want to read them or be surprised.

Really enjoying it so far.. Quite graphic indeed sheesh!

I have to admit the ending to episode 1 is probably one of the biggest gut punches I have gotten from a show or a movie in a while. Definitely a jaw dropping ending IMO and the next three episodes are equally great as well.

As much as I love The Boys I can certainly see this show giving it a run for its a money, although you can do alot more in the animation format anyways which is something I want to see more of these days.

Strange, the new episode should have been released by now yet it's not showing on my Amazon prime.

They are released on Fridays.

Nevermind, new episode just dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"