Amazon Studios Invincible

The only thing that annoys is how much they are jumping around as far as continuity goes. Also upset they skipped over the whole teacher turning students into bombs storyline. As well as a few other ones.

When I read this comic for the first time, I hoped there'd be some sort of adaptation, where the real-life Reginald VelJohnson would play the principal, and indeed he did. And he was PRINCIPAL WINSLOW.

I do miss some of those little slice of life moments from the earlier issues where Mark goes to the comic shop.

I assume the season finale will end with that fight between Mark and Nolan.

I'm glad we got this series. I think animation was the best way to realize this story. If the show continues, I will be curious to see how they tackle some worst parts of the story in the back half.

I just started watching this. I'm only one episode in but the last five minutes of that first episode were enough to get me to come back. Holy crap....

I just started watching this. I'm only one episode in but the last five minutes of that first episode were enough to get me to come back. Holy crap....

Yeah that was pretty brutal and gnarly.

Battle Beast wrecking everybody was scary and brutal asf. Definitely a character I want to see more of in this show and its pretty damn awesome that he's being voiced by Michael Dorn.

Battle Beast wrecking everybody was scary and brutal asf. Definitely a character I want to see more of in this show and its pretty damn awesome that he's being voiced by Michael Dorn.

I like how he just got bored with the battle because all the heroes were basically cake to him and peaced out. The Guardians only won because Battle Beast got bored and left.

Definitely felt for Mark this week. That said, they ruined the flying scene with him and William. That's one of my favorite scenes in the comics and they dropped the visual joy of that scene.

Seeing the Reanimen in animation were definitely creepy and unsettling. I don't get how they could basically match Mark's strength considering they are just part organic human tissue.

I'm assuming it happened in the comics but I'd rather they have changed it....gays just cant be happy can they? Though I guess whatshisname could be their version of Cyborg?

Definitely felt for Mark this week. That said, they ruined the flying scene with him and William. That's one of my favorite scenes in the comics and they dropped the visual joy of that scene.

Seeing the Reanimen in animation were definitely creepy and unsettling. I don't get how they could basically match Mark's strength considering they are just part organic human tissue.
I haven't seen episode myself but I know the original flying scene with him and William from the comic's would never fly today mainly because William was still straight at the time and the whole this is gay line. Same thing when William started dating Eve.

I haven't seen episode myself but I know the original flying scene with him and William from the comic's would never fly today mainly because William was still straight at the time and the whole this is gay line. Same thing when William started dating Eve.

I looked it up and it's something that easily could've been changed as they've made other changes to the show.

William is already out of the closet at the start of the show. I'm talking about the visual of seeing William being carried while Mark has that look of disgust on his face. Not sure why we still couldn't have seen that.

William is already out of the closet at the start of the show. I'm talking about the visual of seeing William being carried while Mark has that look of disgust on his face. Not sure why we still couldn't have seen that.
Because it can be taken the wrong way and even though the comic debuted and ended not too long ago times have changed very much since that issue. Since he has been put of the closet since the start of the show. Remember when that issue came out none of the readers nor Mark had a clue he was gay. Which is why when Mark took him flying he had that look of disgust much like Eve.

Because it can be taken the wrong way and even though the comic debuted and ended not too long ago times have changed very much since that issue. Since he has been put of the closet since the start of the show. Remember when that issue came out none of the readers nor Mark had a clue he was gay. Which is why when Mark took him flying he had that look of disgust much like Eve.

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here. The disgust wasn't homophobia. It came out of, "Geez do I really have to use my powers like this and waste time doing this?"

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here. The disgust wasn't homophobia. It came out of, "Geez do I really have to use my powers like this and waste time doing this?"
Understood but I'm going by text of the comic. Meaning while yes Mark had that look for the reason you stated above. But if you add that one line in there that's in the comic's it comes off the wrong way. And while you could have Mark explain it like how you said it kind of just takes you out of the moment as well unless you have them in a comedic way going back and forth over him doing it before cutting to the scene of him taking him for a ride.

Understood but I'm going by text of the comic. Meaning while yes Mark had that look for the reason you stated above. But if you add that one line in there that's in the comic's it comes off the wrong way. And while you could have Mark explain it like how you said it kind of just takes you out of the moment as well unless you have them in a comedic way going back and forth over him doing it before cutting to the scene of him taking him for a ride.

Then take the line out. Goodness gracious. I just wanted that scene in there with the visual of Mark having to carry William while he's flying. This isn't a debate.

Ep6.... Whew that got pretty crazy. Loving the show (didn't read the books)...

I will credit the show for making Cecil more empathetic. Watching the animated series, I do find Cecil to be more believable and understandable. Cecil I feel is not a bad person, but he's just trying to protect innocent people, and he's been handed an utter ****show. Just trying to exploit every angle.

Line of the week for Mauler Twins:

"Cecil couldn't bring him back."

"Cecil's an idiot!"

This show definitely knows how to hit you when it wants to with the emotional moments. The scene with Robot and a certain character biting the dust in episode 7 was all very effective IMO.

Damn do I want to see that finale like right now.

Very entertaining episode. Definitely the best episode of the series so far for me. Can’t wait for next week.

While I like the show, I think its in serious need of an animation upgrade. Now, I don’t necessarily expect movie-quality animation from a streaming show, but shows like Attack On Titans and even Western animated stuff like Harley Quinn & Primal make the animation from this look like they were animated by Adobe flash player.

Last edited:
While I like the show, I think its in serious need of an animation upgrade. Now, I don’t necessarily expect movie-quality animation from a streaming show, but shows like Attack On Titans and even Western animated stuff like Harley Quinn & Primal make the animation from this look like they were animated by Adobe flash player.

Well this has to be the best and the most fluid Adobe Flash player I have ever seen.

Great news about season 2 and 3. Best comic book show of the year..The MCU and The CW should watch and learn.

Well this has to be the best and the most fluid Adobe Flash player I have ever seen.

Great news about season 2 and 3. Best comic book show of the year..The MCU and The CW should watch and learn.
The animation looks fluid when the fights happen, but outside that the animation looks pretty static and uninspired. It’s not awful or anything, but it can be pretty distracting for some.

And it’s too early to crown it the best comic book show of the year when there’s still more comic book shows to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"