Amazon Studios Invincible

It’s dope but let’s wait till Jupiter’s Legacy comes out to call Invincible the best of the year lol. But right now yes at the moment. Plus Loki, The Boys S3, UA S3, and others.

I don't know that I've seen a show renewed for S2 & S3 before the first season is done.

tenor.gif

I don't know that I've seen a show renewed for S2 & S3 before the first season is done.

tenor.gif

With animation, its smarter to and cheaper to order ahead. Netflix orders a lot of their animated series basically start to series end all in one go.

Just finished the season finale. I thought it was good but I found episodes 1, 5, 7 and 8 to be much more engaging than the rest of the season. Everything with Omni-Man and Invincible was the highlight of the show. I'm still excited to see what's coming.

The finale was great, but the first half with all the scenes between Omni-Man and Mark was incredible IMO and so damn heartbreaking. Really top notch voice acting from J.K. Simmons and Steven Yeun throughout and while you can criticize the animation at times this show definitely knew how to deliver on the brutal fights which to me felt more realistic than anything from the MCU or DCEU despite the fact that its an animated show.

Bring on Season's 2 and 3 and hopefully there's plenty more to come after that as well.

Great first season and they did a great job staying somewhat faithful to the comics. Looking forward to the future seasons although I still wish this was a live action series.

surprised this awesome show isn't getting more love here.

I think it's mainly flying under the radar because its animated and an episodic series, plus we just got WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier and Zack Snyder's Justice League.

Also, Amazon IMHO didn't do a whole lot to market and hype this show, let's be honest. I saw some clips and tweets on social media, but that's about it.

Never read the comics though I have heard references to it before, I know nothing about it besides it was supposed to be good and a different take on the superhero mythos.

A lot of these fights and just straight up massacres were brutal. It is good but it is a lot to handle some of those scenes.

Finishing the finale right now. It's damned good but very, very graphic. It reminds me of what
Brightburn wanted to be but failed to execute.

And it's over. They are setting up a whole lot of story for seasons 2 and 3 with that vignette.

Last edited:
Yea they really make you feel all those deaths and the emotional devastation that Mark gets from seeing them. It was a lot to take in.

I’ve only read the first issue and like 2 others years ago. I did have knowledge about how this season was likely ending from years ago, but I wasn’t prepared for the feelings I’d get while watching the finale. Happy they’re getting at least two more seasons. Hope they give them a better budget/time.

I hope the wait isn't too long for Season 2. Animation like this can take a while, like an 18-month turnaround at minimum. And that's just for primetime half hour animated shows. This is a one-hour premium animated series.

That said I hope the success of show's like this and Castlevania mean we can get more adult action animated shows on streaming services. I mean even the HBO Spawn animated series was fairly successful for its time, but it went away after Season 3 and we rarely saw stuff like that other than maybe some stuff on MTV now and again.

This meme has had me rolling for all kinds of uses…

I hope the wait isn't too long for Season 2. Animation like this can take a while, like an 18-month turnaround at minimum. And that's just for primetime half hour animated shows. This is a one-hour premium animated series.

That said I hope the success of show's like this and Castlevania mean we can get more adult action animated shows on streaming services. I mean even the HBO Spawn animated series was fairly successful for its time, but it went away after Season 3 and we rarely saw stuff like that other than maybe some stuff on MTV now and again.

It's taking 2 years to animate 26/30min YJ episodes so I think with 8/hr long episodes of Invincible with less frames, I think probably 1 year/1.5 years. Especially with them having jumping off ground for all of the storylines instead of creating them from scratch. But at least the wait between S2/3 will be less.

It's taking 2 years to animate 26/30min YJ episodes so I think with 8/hr long episodes of Invincible with less frames, I think probably 1 year/1.5 years. Especially with them having jumping off ground for all of the storylines instead of creating them from scratch. But at least the wait between S2/3 will be less.

Just for comparison, the turnaround for Castlevania from S3 to S4 was 14 months, about 15 months for the previous seasons. And that's for 10 half-hour episodes. So if the wait for invincible is not a year at least, I would be surprised.

I feel like the wait was fairly long just for this season as well.

Plus there is still the pandemic to slow things down. Some companies have gotten used to working around it, but the pandemic is far from over.

Just finished S1, was pretty good. Though, without knowing about the actual comic, I guessed the twist from the 1st episode. Figured the Viltrumites were like Kryptonians/Saiyans kinda mixed.

Also, Amazon IMHO didn't do a whole lot to market and hype this show, let's be honest. I saw some clips and tweets on social media, but that's about it.

I seen the opposite, was marketed well on Twitter, has a lot of fan buzz now too. I see lots of people still chatting about it...

...except here.

I seen the opposite, was marketed well on Twitter, has a lot of fan buzz now too. I see lots of people still chatting about it...

...except here.

Yeah after the fact. Beforehand, I saw very little outside of some clips here and there on social media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"