The Boys Amazon's The Boys General Discussion Thread

And yeah Stormfront is ****ing crazy. Like holy **** haha
Yeah she is a pretty good villain, I can at least find Homelander to have some fun qualities. She is just vile and phony. I am thinking that
Starlight and A-Train team up to taker down or set her up. Maeve will set Homelander up to be away.

10/10

Damn, whoever is writing this show is brilliant. The political commentary, the cynicism, exposing the way that the media manipulates the dumb masses... it's great stuff.

The way that they were planning to 'market' Maeve as a lesbian... I hate to say it, but I could totally see WB, Disney, Sony or The CW taking similar actions with their millennial advertising consultants.

that show was chock full of WTF moments like Homelander talking to the crowd and the ending I got Dark Shadows movie flashbacks lol

This show has half the cast of Timeless in supporting roles.

Maeve, Starlight, the Deep and A-Train each have a reason for fighting against Vought now, or at least they have common interests. Wonder whether they'll ever work that out, and/or whether their combined abilities would even make them contendable. Probably not.

Does anyone actually know what Maeve and Starlight can actually do? Maeve has strength and durability, but is that it? What can Starlight do?

If she truly has the ability to manipulate energy then shouldn't she (hypothetically) be able to absorb whatever external attacks Homelander or Stormfront throw at her?

Maeve, Starlight, the Deep and A-Train each have a reason for fighting against Vought now, or at least they have common interests. Wonder whether they'll ever work that out, and/or whether their combined abilities would even make them contendable. Probably not.

Does anyone actually know what Maeve and Starlight can actually do? Maeve has strength and durability, but is that it? What can Starlight do?

If she truly has the ability to manipulate energy then shouldn't she (hypothetically) be able to absorb whatever external attacks Homelander or Stormfront throw at her?
Think Maeve is like Wonder Woman but powered down and no lasso. She probably has good fighting skills, her strength has a limit since she told Starlight her right arm shattered saving that bus and never fully recovered.

Starlight can control the light and energy around her but I don't know how much training she actually had. She mentioned being able to blind people and Homelander told her to kill Hughie so she can have a stronger beam.

10/10

Damn, whoever is writing this show is brilliant. The political commentary, the cynicism, exposing the way that the media manipulates the dumb masses... it's great stuff.

The way that they were planning to 'market' Maeve as a lesbian... I hate to say it, but I could totally see WB, Disney, Sony or The CW taking similar actions with their millennial advertising consultants.
CW for sure seems to have similar feel to that scene.

10/10

Yeah, the way they handled Maeve was so accurate, and the bit of bi erasure they attempted to do was incredibly well-timed since last week was Bi Week. This show is incredibly smart and doesn’t shy away from the issues like a lot of other things do.

10/10

I concur, the latest 5th episode might actually be my favourite so far of the entire series. It's an extremely well written episode, the not so subtle pokes at some of the DCEU & MCU elements are extremely amusing I hope they continue to add more of them.

The Boys has somewhat of a South Park vibe about it for myself, another show that's well written & when it takes a dig at someone or something they handle it very well.. most of the time anyway.

I concur, the latest 5th episode might actually be my favourite so far of the entire series. It's an extremely well written episode, the not so subtle pokes at some of the DCEU & MCU elements are extremely amusing I hope they continue to add more of them.

The Boys has somewhat of a South Park vibe about it for myself, another show that's well written & when it takes a dig at someone or something they handle it very well.. most of the time anyway.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing regarding the comparison with South Park

Love how it pokes fun at the current socio-political issues in addition to Marvel & DC

Think Maeve is like Wonder Woman but powered down and no lasso. She probably has good fighting skills, her strength has a limit since she told Starlight her right arm shattered saving that bus and never fully recovered.

Starlight can control the light and energy around her but I don't know how much training she actually had. She mentioned being able to blind people and Homelander told her to kill Hughie so she can have a stronger beam.

Starlight also has super strength, we saw her lifting the rear of a vehicle in one episode.

Kimiko in this episode:

JJ6ldaQ.gif

After last weeks episode I honestly kind of want to see Black Noir in just a straight up horror film now, because you cant tell me that those scenes during the home siege towards the end didn't feel like they came out of a slasher movie from the 80's or 90's. The dude is basically Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees with superpowers which to me is like the scariest thing imaginable and I love it.

Homelander might be the best character overall in terms of writing and Antony Starr's performance, but Black Noir is my favorite character in the show not just because of how scary and sadistic the guy is, but also because of how they are able to get some great dark/comedy out of him as well.

I have never laughed harder than seeing him in these last two episodes with him intimidating the tech girl or him on the rooftop in broad daylight.

For a character who doesn't speak and whose face we never see ............... Black Noir certainly has a lot of presence.

I'm sorry but considering how powerful Homelander is, the proper equivalent would be a drone attack killing a terrorist...along with the whole village he was hiding in. So yes, war crime is an appropriate comparison.

Homelander used a precision energy beam. That's the real world equivalent of a soldier using a sniper rifle. His beam passed through the terrorist and hit a bystander he didnt see. If he had flown into the guy like a meteor and caused destruction and mass casualties that would have been the equivalent of a drone strike.

We dont charge soldiers if their bullet passes through the target and hits an unseen bystander. We dont even charge soldiers for killing civilians deliberately if its necessary. In the middle east if a car is racing towards a base or roadblock and won't stop our soldiers will shoot into the car regardless of how many people are inside it and regardless of the age or gender of the car's occupants.

Last edited:
Black Noir has been one of my fave characters since season 1. He does pretty much nothing, and still makes me love him.
I'm liking his few scenes in season 2 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"