Amazon's The Boys

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Pennywise Registered

2. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I kinda' want more, but at the same time I don't want them to ruin a good thing, especially when you look at shows like Walking Dead and Supernatural; the latter has gotten good again into it's final few seasons, but it did hit a rough spot at one point. Walking Dead needs to be laid to rest to rest already.

I suppose there's always that spinoff, but from the sounds of it, that's just going to be teenage drama, and I'm beyond that.

3. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I think 50ish episodes is good for this type of show. Unless they can keep it somewhat fresh after that.

5. StarLord < < < < < < <

6. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

#731 Lencho01, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. TheVileOne Registered

What doesn't work about S2 ending to me:

Starlight and Maeve going back to Vought to work for The Seven and working with Homelander. Starlight especially. It makes no sense. After everything that's happened and everything they've seen, Starlight going back there is insane. They imprisoned her and her mother, among other various atrocities.

8. TheVileOne Registered

In the comics, the fetus basically blasts its way out of Becca's womb, and Butcher is just barely able to survive and kill it. It never grew to Ryan's age.

javonstokess likes this.
  9. Zarex Registered

Well, Homelander's been taken down at least a couple of pegs. Homie's still got the laser eyes, but with The Deep still on the outs and BN in a coma he's got no friends on the 99th floor. And I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar made major concessions to keep the ladies onboard after the Stormfront debacle. One could argue that both are safer on the team than out in the wild.

That being said, it is a risky move. But Kripke and company did a reasonable job making sense of it.

10. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Better to be on the inside looking out, than to be on the outside trying to look in.

It's risky, but it's better for them both to be with Vought at the moment. They can do more good there.

Broseph44 likes this.
  11. Broseph44 Witness Me

Exactly. It makes sense. It did to me anyway I didn’t see any problem with it.

#736 Broseph44, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  12. TheVileOne Registered

Not really sure how it's better at all. Would you be OK with it being your wife and/or girlfriend? How will they do more good there? The face of the Seven is an unhinged psychopath. The only thing that's keeping him from killing them is the fear that it would make other people hate him.

They aren't going to fix Vought.

13. elgaz Registered

Perhaps they're playing the long game and funadmentally feel they can do more harm to Vought from the inside than the outside. If they leave, Vought/Homelander appoint 2 more Supes to replace them in the Seven, and that's a further 2 they have to contend with.

14. P Supreme Registered

The way i see it Maeve has him over a barrel sure Homelander can be a maniac by himself but around maeve and startlight he will have to "play ball " yeah risky it doesn't make sense in reality but makes for great television and suspenseful S3 cause we know he will try to get his leverage back and were forgetting the Ryan factor aswell

15. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

No, but something tells me Hughie doesn't get the final say in this.

Besides, as @P Supreme & @elgaz have stated, they (Maeve and Annie) an keep a watchful eye within Vought, and can report back to Butcher and company if they need too. If they're not on the inside, they'd have no idea what was going on and the seven (which currently stands at five anyway) could comprise of worse members. At least Maeve and Annie may get some form of control.

Zarex likes this.
  16. TheVileOne Registered

Why would Vought allow that and why would they be OK with that knowing what Starlight has done?

17. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Probably because Vought and/or Stan Edgar know that Maeve has video footage of Homelander. Do they actually know what Starlight has done either, or is that merely speculation on our part? In any case, they need faces for their company. Initially it was Stormfront and Homelander, Stormfront was outed as a bad egg, and they needed to restore public faith in them, so what better way for Vought to do that than to redeem Starlight and give her a clean slate?

I'm sure Vought/Edgar will be keeping as much as an eye on Maeve and Annie as Annie and Maeve will be on Vought, but for Vought/Edgar, it's all about the media, the company, and how they're perceived by not just America, but the world.

SPO2 Dalisay likes this.
  18. TheVileOne Registered

Yes they definitely do. They put Black Noir on her, knocked out her and her mother and imprisoned her.

Knowing she's stolen compound V and leaked company secrets to the media, it's confusing as hell. To me it functionally makes no sense to have Starlight back there at the end.

19. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They probably had Homelander say he was mistaken. They needed to clear Starlights name to the public so her not rejoining would look weird. And its keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. But it's clear she has bigger influence now since she's back in her OG costume

Broseph44 likes this.
  20. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Ive literally issued a more than valid reason why they've put Starlight back in her spot.

Vought told the public that Starlight was a traitor. Then Stormfront went rouge and caused ... a storm from the publicity point of view. It's easier for Vought to do a switch around, condemn Stormfront and give Annie her spot back.

It's ultimately a publicity stunt. They probably know too that with her and Maeve in the seven, they're going to be able to keep Homelander in Vought's playing field too, rather than him literally doing whatever he wants - especially now that Butcher double crossed them and had Ryan hidden.

Ryan was Edgar's trump card. Now he needs a new one, and for the moment at least, that's Maeve and Annie.

#745 Flash525, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    KaijuDude1992, Broseph44 and Zarex like this.
  21. Zarex Registered

Edgar's a pragmatic fellow who cut a deal with Butcher after siccing BN on him. Giving that, reaching detente with Ms. January is not so far fetched. It seems reasonable that Vought would rather have Annie on 99 reassuring a concerned public than writing a tell all book and releasing Vought diss tracks.

Broseph44 likes this.
  22. Broseph44 Witness Me

You guys are the real MVP’s. Thank you. :up: All makes complete sense and exactly what I was thinking and put together in my head as well after watching the finale.

Flash525 likes this.
  23. Pennywise Registered

24. TheVileOne Registered

Pragmatism or no, this organization had a prison where they were conducting human tests because they are trying to mass rollout compound V and make it so they can inject and power anyone. They had Lamplighter incinerate innocent and imprisoned victims. They made the Nazi founder's Nazi wife their top star. This is just what we know about. Starlight going back there functionally makes no sense. What's she going to do? Keep an eye on them? And then do what? She can't do anything against Homelander. She's no match for Black Noir unless she has some tree nuts on her.

Also, Stormfront is clearly still alive. And when she comes back, do you think she's just going to let bygones be bygones and renounce her Nazi ways?

25. TheVileOne Registered

None of it makes sense that Starlight would willingly go back to work for that Nazi organization.