Amber Heard IS Mera

I think removing her scenes would help their box office results, honestly. I know a lot of people have said her being in it won't effect it that much, but... idk. The amount of people that have watched this trial, the hits videos get on YT about it... and the overwhelming support of JD makes me think otherwise.

Hearing spoilers for the film in the trial today kinda sucked ngl lol. Wasn't expecting that.
If the reports are true and she is only in the movie for 10 minutes. I don't think leaving those 10 minutes in is going to tank the film.
Glad that I don't watch the trial.
I missed any spoilers.

That psychiatrist's cross examination was wild. ;nd

By the end of it, I felt he was a narcissist and prolly needs to see his own psychiatrist lol. This trial has been entertaining, to say the least haha.

Walter Hamada (WB/DC Boss) speaking tomorrow at the trial. Should be interesting.

Recasting Mera is going to happen after this movie, I think that may be a given at this point ( or we will see, I guess Hamada may shed some light tomorrow.) But might as well do it in Aquaman 2 and refilm those 10 mins of scenes. (If that's really even true about how much she's in it.)

I doubt it. If we were talking about Ezra Miller where he's the main character, than sure. If this was Jason Momoa they'd have a big problem. But nobody cares about Mera. They could probably just recast the character and most of the mainstream audience wouldn't even notice the difference.

People were calling for recasting since day 1 and those voices only grew louder when **** hit the fan.
4 millions i think signed the petition to remove heard...that say enough.
Recasting would be awkward at first...but in the end would be a Win/Win i think.

You cant have less chemistry than heard and momoa have and acting wise recasting would be an upgrade.

I doubt it. If we were talking about Ezra Miller where he's the main character, than sure. If this was Jason Momoa they'd have a big problem. But nobody cares about Mera. They could probably just recast the character and most of the mainstream audience wouldn't even notice the difference.

You mean recast (or just omit the character) regarding a hypothetical Aquaman 3? Sure; I can see that. But for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (which is in the can) recasting/reshooting seems highly unlikely. So in terms of PR/box office damage control for this movie, should WB pre-emptively announce Heard’s firing from a maybe/possible/four-years-in-the-future threequel? Or is it better to just stay mum until AM2 finishes its theatrical run and AM3 is greenlighted? I’m thinking the latter is the least bad option for WB.

Walter Hamada had his testimony during the Depp/Heard trial today. He confirmed they were considering casting a new actor for Mera over chemistry concerns with Jason Momoa. Also how hard it was to make it look like they had any chemistry at all. He basically, politely said, she is not a great actor lol. He also said her role wasn't reduced because of the ongoing trial as well.

Walter Hamada had his testimony during the Depp/Heard trial today. He confirmed they were considering casting a new actor for Mera over chemistry concerns with Jason Momoa. Also how hard it was to make it look like they had any chemistry at all. He basically, politely said, she is not a great actor lol. He also said her role wasn't reduced because of the ongoing trial as well.

He didnt make it seem like she wasnt a good actor. Chemistry is a 2 way thing, if she isnt a good actor than neither is Jason.

But him saying that they had to work to manufacture the chemistry in editing was a weird one. I mean they had to go through various cuts and find the best one like they do in every editing room? They did a chemistry test but were somehow not happy with it? They watched dailies and had no issues? Amber tested well with the audience and they were happy with it? She got great reviews from her director? She got reviews during the film? Yet at the end there was an issue?

And I believe he said it wasnt reduced because of Johnny Depp. He wasnt asked about the actual trial or tarnish to her name.

We do know that she got a script where she had plenty to do and before shooting she got a new script where she's practically on bed rest.

He didnt make it seem like she wasnt a good actor. Chemistry is a 2 way thing, if she isnt a good actor than neither is Jason.

But him saying that they had to work to manufacture the chemistry in editing was a weird one. I mean they had to go through various cuts and find the best one like they do in every editing room? They did a chemistry test but were somehow not happy with it? They watched dailies and had no issues? Amber tested well with the audience and they were happy with it? She got great reviews from her director? She got reviews during the film? Yet at the end there was an issue?

And I believe he said it wasnt reduced because of Johnny Depp. He wasnt asked about the actual trial or tarnish to her name.

We do know that she got a script where she had plenty to do and before shooting she got a new script where she's practically on bed rest.

I guess he was asked: "What role if any did Miss Heard's dispute with Johnny Depp have in WB delay in picking up Heard's option in Aquaman 2?'
Hamada: There was none from our end."

So, I guess yeah, I may be wrong. I have no problems admitting when I'm wrong, unlike Miss Heard lol.

Hamada said he spoke to Jason Momoa about chemistry issues prior to green lighting Aquaman 2...

Hamada made it sound like it was harder than it normally is when actors don't have chemistry, it took more work to make it more believable.

People actually like Jason Momoa, the same can't be said about AH. She is quite forgettable in the role, and most people won't bat an eye if she's recast, unlike Momoa... Who most people went to see the movie for.

She's already been caught in so many lies in this trial. WB would be foolish not to move on from Heard.

People actually like Jason Momoa, the same can't be said about AH. She is quite forgettable in the role, and most people won't bat an eye if she's recast, unlike Momoa... Who most people went to see the movie for.

She's already been caught in so many lies in this trial. WB would be foolish not to move on from Heard.

Except she scored very high with the audience so....they saw nothing wrong with her performance so it actually could be said about Amber.

When we get into the gist of the case that's a different story, Depps former lawyer who leaked part of audio that was taken out of context was fired and apparently banned from twitter along with a smear campaign found to tarnish her even more. Both her and Johnny have had witnesses that contradicted things along with themselves.

I just find it very hard to believe that they would reduce their female lead to a guest appearance in a film that made a billion dollars, audience was happy with the character and the couple (he said it worked in the end, they just had to work to get there), they were propping her up with a JL appearance beforehand, had zero issues with her on set...

If the role was always so small....why would you go through with a recast?

But something we'll never know unless we gain access to the mulitverse.

Amber Heard is no Frances McDormand. But Mera isn’t exactly Lady MacBeth. :cwink: I’ve only seen Aquaman once (and didn’t think much of it). But as I recall, Heard was a serviceable co-star and quite fetching in a sequined bodystocking. And for this type of role in this type of movie, that’s good enough. Moreover, Aquaman made a $1B+ (!). So the notion that WB would futz with an apparently winning formula because they’re suddenly concerned about Heard’s thespian limitations or “chemistry” with Mamoa strikes me as highly dubious. No, the real — and obvious — reason WB is backing away is because Heard is now radioactive.

Amber Heard is no Frances McDormand. But Mera isn’t exactly Lady MacBeth. :cwink: I’ve only seen Aquaman once (and didn’t think much of it). But as I recall, Heard was a serviceable co-star and quite fetching in a sequined bodystocking. And for this type of role in this type of movie, that’s good enough. Moreover, Aquaman made a $1B+ (!). So the notion that WB would futz with an apparently winning formula because they’re suddenly concerned about Heard’s thespian limitations or “chemistry” with Mamoa strikes me as highly dubious. No, the real — and obvious — reason WB is backing away is because Heard is now radioactive.

Well if that is the true reason, he should have just said that lol! If WB/Disney removed JD for all these allegations, why wouldn't WB do the same for AH? Why give a different reeason unless it wasn' the real reason? The vast majority of people just want her out of the movie, regardless of what reason they pick. That petition has hit what, 4-5 Million? It's one of the most signed petition's ever, I believe.

I loved the first Aquaman movie, she was good in the role, and people may have liked her in the movie, but I don't remember the General Audience going bananas over her acting or her character at all. That's why it won't be a big deal when she's recast. As long as its someone likeable like Blake Lively/Emilia Clarke and not someone questionable.

Well if that is the true reason, [t]he[y] should have just said that lol! If WB/Disney removed JD for all these allegations, why wouldn't WB do the same for AH? Why give a different reason unless it wasn't the real reason? The vast majority of people just want her out of the movie, regardless of what reason they pick. That petition has hit what, 4-5 Million?

Presumably it’s because backing away from Heard based on the freakshow feud with Depp connotes disbelieving a woman’s claims of abuse. Now, can a man be the victim and a woman be the abuser? Of course. But is it a PR can of worms? Big time. So instead of saying that Heard is looney tunes, WB takes the standard/diplomatic “creative differences” route.

Why shouldn't a studio be allowed to fire someone who is a liability due to plummeting popularity?

Presumably it’s because backing away from Heard based on the freakshow feud with Depp connotes disbelieving a woman’s claims of abuse. Now, can a man be the victim and a woman be the abuser? Of course. But is it a PR can of worms? Big time. So instead of saying that Heard is looney tunes, WB takes the standard/diplomatic “creative differences” route.

That's fair. And I don't really blame WB for taking that route. But now that Kate Moss has also testified today that AH made up that story of Depp pushing Moss downstairs, and she said he was never abusive/hit/kicked her... it's looking very very grim for AH future.

Well if that is the true reason, he should have just said that lol! If WB/Disney removed JD for all these allegations, why wouldn't WB do the same for AH? Why give a different reeason unless it wasn' the real reason? The vast majority of people just want her out of the movie, regardless of what reason they pick. That petition has hit what, 4-5 Million? It's one of the most signed petition's ever, I believe.

I loved the first Aquaman movie, she was good in the role, and people may have liked her in the movie, but I don't remember the General Audience going bananas over her acting or her character at all. That's why it won't be a big deal when she's recast. As long as its someone likeable like Blake Lively/Emilia Clarke and not someone questionable.

Disney has also said that they didn't remove him because of the allegations. There was talk beforehand due to his behavior on set.

That's fair. And I don't really blame WB for taking that route. But now that Kate Moss has also testified today that AH made up that story of Depp pushing Moss downstairs, and she said he was never abusive/hit/kicked her... it's looking very very grim for AH future.

This has been a long standing rumor in Hollywood so Amber didn't make it up. She failed to use proper wording but it wasn't something she made up out of the blue

Disney has also said that they didn't remove him because of the allegations. There was talk beforehand due to his behavior on set.

This has been a long standing rumor in Hollywood so Amber didn't make it up. She failed to use proper wording but it wasn't something she made up out of the blue

So she used a long standing rumor in court, and had no evidence to back it up, and it was false. Okay, gotcha lol.

I don't think recasting Mera for Aquaman 2 would cause much of a dent in the movie's potential BO. I think Heard only has about five fans left in the whole world. And probably 2 of them post in this thread. :cwink:

I don't think recasting Mera for Aquaman 2 would cause much of a dent in the movie's potential BO. I think Heard only has about five fans left in the whole world. And probably 2 of them post in this thread. :cwink:

Recasting at this point will increase Box Office, I would think. Keeping her in... I've seen a lot of comments saying they will not see it if she remains in it.

So she used a long standing rumor in court, and had no evidence to back it up, and it was false. Okay, gotcha lol.

Thats not telling a lie. She said that came to her head and why she pushed him away. She was like 5 when it would have occurred so she wouldn't have been there either way

Recasting at this point will increase Box Office, I would think. Keeping her in... I've seen a lot of comments saying they will not see it if she remains in it.

Obviously, we can play with hypotheticals. Yes, if WB knew then what it knows now, they would have/should have recast Mera in Aquaman 2. But in the real world, the movie (rumored to cost in the ~$300M range) has already been shot. So now what?

According to Deborah Snyder, replacing/recasting D’Elia with Notaro in Army of the Dead added an extra $7M to the budget. Scale that up for a bigger role in a bigger movie, and switching out Heard could be a serious chunk of change. Is it worth it? Well… if there’s going to be picket lines at theaters protesting AH then maybe it is… :shrug:

According to Deborah Snyder, replacing/recasting D’Elia with Notaro in Army of the Dead added an extra $7M to the budget. Scale that up for a bigger role in a bigger movie, and switching out Heard could be a serious chunk of change. Is it worth it? Well… if there’s going to be picket lines at theaters protesting AH then maybe it is… :shrug:

Well, I'll need some more information on this. How much screen time did the role consume? How much VFX in those scenes? Heard's role is around 10 minutes... WB can dish out the extra cash... Aquaman is one of DC's biggest movies... It'll be worth it in the long run, especially since recasting is most likley going to happen.

It will still make money, yes. But are they leaving money on the table by not recasting Heard? Most likely, yeah.

Picket signs? Nahhh. Some empty seats? Maybe.

If it has a banger trailer, builds up some hype, sure, it can possibly overcome Heard's radioactive destruction lol. But we will see.

Reactions: Dr.
Hopefully we don't even see her in Aquaman 2. Spend the extra money and time on it... it'll be worth it in the long run.

While I dont see how they could not rule in her favor for majority of it, he lost his UK battle, she lost her US battle. So neither wins with WB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"