Amber Lyon Emmy Winning Former CNN Journalist exposes CNN on Government Payments

NickNitro

Extra Terrestrial
Reaction score
This may be old news but I never heard of it before now. I knew that at some point something like this was going to come out. I am soo glad that someone had the guts to stand up for what was right and expose such a haneous act by our Government.

I fear for her safety now. People disappear all the time, and from groups far less superior than the U.S. Government.

http://beforeitsnews.com/blogging-c...ist-amber-lyon-blows-the-whistle-2444190.html

[YT]GP-kf__4GoQ[/YT]

03ohfWL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You should add in the title that Fox is also paid to do this, although it shouldn't be a surprise both sides benefit from it.

Do not post links to videos with uncensored cursing in them.

Do not post links to videos with uncensored cursing in them.

No offense, but is that really the bigger issue at play here? A few words that have been assigned arbitrary "icky status"?

A cable news channel is in the government's pocket?! Next you'll be telling me that people drink water!

Meh, I always heard it as a whisper, nothing more. To have a respectable news journalist quit then come out and say they were outright bought out by our Government to leave out certain stories makes a complete mockery of the 1st amendment.

We are all just sheep, being lead by the News that's in the governments pocket, all to just keep us in fear.

No offense, but is that really the bigger issue at play here? A few words that have been assigned arbitrary "icky status"?

If you notice...I did not make any comment about the story that the thread is about....the "issue" of it was not in anyway part of the post I made. I am a Administrator/moderator on this site. It is my job to make sure that the rules of the site are not broken. Even when reporting an important or interesting story....one is to follow the rules. And the rules include not posting uncensored cursing in any form on the site. If you have trouble following these rules due to some reason...then you are at the wrong site.

I smell BS.... : )

If you notice...I did not make any comment about the story that the thread is about....the "issue" of it was not in anyway part of the post I made. I am a Administrator/moderator on this site. It is my job to make sure that the rules of the site are not broken. Even when reporting an important or interesting story....one is to follow the rules. And the rules include not posting uncensored cursing in any form on the site. If you have trouble following these rules due to some reason...then you are at the wrong site.

Hey, easy. Your tone is not at all courteous nor is it appropriate. I asked a question, and for a Mod, one who is supposed to be better than such nonsense, to get snippy and uppity speaks ill for the Mods and site.

If asking a question is wrong, then something is quite askew.

Hey, easy. Your tone is not at all courteous nor is it appropriate. I asked a question, and for a Mod, one who is supposed to be better than such nonsense, to get snippy and uppity speaks ill for the Mods and site.

If asking a question is wrong, then something is quite askew.

Asking a question is not wrong....how, where, when, and why you ask it can be. You are new to the site, and you come into a thread and start to interfere with me performing my duties as a mod to keep people posting within the rules of the site and keeping them from being infracted. I've read many of your previous posts...and you are clear about your anti-authority position. I was letting you (and others) know that you can be anti-authority all you want...as long as you follow the rules.

Are there any rules about starting a mutiny and keel hauling folks?

Are there any rules about starting a mutiny and keel hauling folks?

That would probably fall under Fighting, Violent or Gruesome imagery, or stretching it...under Pirated Material....arrrrghhhhh.

Asking a question is not wrong....how, where, when, and why you ask it can be. You are new to the site, and you come into a thread and start to interfere with me performing my duties as a mod to keep people posting within the rules of the site and keeping them from being infracted. I've read many of your previous posts...and you are clear about your anti-authority position. I was letting you (and others) know that you can be anti-authority all you want...as long as you follow the rules.

So you fancy yourself to be quite the authority, of what?

Again, your defensiveness tells me everything that is needed to now about you. Instead of admitting your tone was inappropriate and unnecessary, you double down and take the tact of insult, ad homs and "authority".

I somehow doubt that is what the owners and corporate interests of this site had in mind when giving you your mod status.

Before you knee-jerk, just think about your reactions and your behaviors; then take the time to give an informed response.

What I am saying is, are you making the world a better place by defending a small piece of your ego with unneeded drama, or are you making it a worse place?

Just think about it for a while.

And for the record, I'm not your enemy. I'm just someone who knows the value of intercourse without threat from small minded people with a very slight modicum of power on an Internet website that at the end of the day means very little.

That would probably fall under Fighting, Violent or Gruesome imagery, or stretching it...under Pirated Material....arrrrghhhhh.

Whelp, there's my pun for the day. Hehehehe.

Again, your defensiveness tells me everything that is needed to now about you. Instead of admitting your tone was inappropriate and unnecessary, you double down and take the tact of insult, ad homs and "authority".

I somehow doubt that is what the owners and corporate interests of this site had in mind when giving you your mod status.

Before you knee-jerk, just think about your reactions and your behaviors; then take the time to give an informed response.

What I am saying is, are you making the world a better place by defending a small piece of your ego with unneeded drama, or are you making it a worse place?

Just think about it for a while.

And for the record, I'm not your enemy. I'm just someone who knows the value of intercourse without threat from small minded people with a very slight modicum of power on an Internet website that at the end of the day means very little.

For the most part, we don't argue with the mods unless we feel we were unfairly wronged about something. He just tells you that links to uncensored cursing is not allowed and you go off on him. You don't really seem to have a point beyond poking the bear here.

Look, I think the rule is stupid, but kids do visit the forum, so it's a rule. Just deal with it before Lee gets fed up and suspends/bans you. It's really not worth it. It's just a rule...

On topic: Anybody been able to figure out the legitimacy of the OP's source?

I'm soo glad my thread turned into a Mod-Newbie battle :whatever:

Hm, not sure if this is true or not but there is a very well written response to it that I'd say helps a little bit. As someone who has been looking at going into journalism though, this makes me want to a bit less these days.

Oh C. Lee, you old sea dog.:woot:

I'm soo glad my thread turned into a Mod-Newbie battle :whatever:

Well I'm sure if we try hard enough we can get most of the Hype involved and have it end with all of us banned. That'd be fun.

Here's a word of advice. Around these parts, the mods and admins are the supreme authority. I forgot what mod said it a few years ago (heh...probably Drakon or Dew K. Mosi), but it's a dictatorship. Just go with the flow and throw in the occasional jab here and there. They won't give you an infraction for that.

:o

As for this story, it doesn't surprise me at all. To the person who believes everything they watch on television, he is a fool. The government is involved in what is considered news and what isn't. There is a reason why there is so much negative news stories and not nearly enough positive ones.

As for this story, it doesn't surprise me at all. To the person who believes everything they watch on television, he is a fool. The government is involved in what is considered news and what isn't. There is a reason why there is so much negative news stories and not nearly enough positive ones.

Nah, there is far more blame on us (the viewer) than on the government for the negative news. Negative news sells, positive news doesn't. That is on us...

Nah, there is far more blame on us (the viewer) than on the government for the negative news. Negative news sells, positive news doesn't. That is on us...

And in that negative news comes fear mongering.

No one wants to hear how well things are going, or so the media claims and seemingly the numbers show. I guess it's easier to be cynical than positive but the media certainly doesn't help when it caters to cynicsm either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"