AMC's martial-arts drama Into the Badlands

So, I recently watched the first two seasons. Great stuff. I like how each season opens up the story/world more.

Veil's death annoyed me. Yeah, it was cliche but Quinn not being dead after those stabbings was what got me more angry/disappointed.

Those who've made comparisons to Iron Fist... I agree. I wonder what the budget for these shows are. I did watch some of interview videos and in one Wu noted how he was a producers to help set up the fighting and and told the others they needed a Hong Kong crew if they wanted it to be good and done fast.

[YT]939fxOwtkss[/YT]

[YT]f8cPaM7QAH4[/YT]

[YT]N8mwrd8IjxM[/YT]

[YT]mYw8WwnD_kk[/YT]

[YT]s38AoZRFKc8[/YT]

it won't show it's just a black space

1 hour to go...

Damn it to i forgot this came on tonight.

SO.DAMN.GOOD

The costumes keep getting better each season.

I was half expecting that baby to go Ninja and kill a bunch of people. :p

[YT]D5FCO6VqL1E[/YT]

[YT]7W_McuampPU[/YT]

I'm glad the show didn't waste any time a. putting Sonny back in the public scene and not just in isolation and on the movie, and b. reuniting him with Bajie. Will indeed be interesting to learn more about how his son contracted the gift.

Also, it's strange. Much as I liked the opening fight scene, I think I found myself liking the ending fight more involving the 'Messiah's' followers at that gate.

Best action series on TV right now. It's not even close.

Never underestimate a blindfolded man in a fight.

I'm not sure if I buy that vision MK had.

The end of the episode was... yeesh.

[YT]0dLTYh7cpIY[/YT]

[YT]jxLm6in-HcI[/YT]

Yeah I'm not buying it either. That dark persona could easily be playing him.

I'm not sure if I buy that vision MK had.

Yeah I'm not buying it either. That dark persona could easily be playing him.

I agree.

Last season, his dark side had him believing that he killed his mother.

Now, it's trying to convince him that his (practically) surrogate father did it.

Also, I just don't see Sunny stabbing a defenseless woman in the back.

Well, the "old" Sunny was a ruthless killer, I would not be surprised if he killed MK's mother.

Alright, MK. Alright.

[YT]lCEKhQn0w_0[/YT]

[YT]2zN3W3JxYZw[/YT]

This episode was ok. Just 2 things that bugged me. I seriously doubt Widow's soldiers wouldn't recognize Sunny and Bajie. Also, I hope we get to see a scene of Mk and Tilda fighting off soldiers as they escape the Widow's stronghold, otherwise that was waaaayyyyy too easy.

I'm really starting like Lydia better and better with each season. Fantasticly nuanced character.

:wow: :wow: BEST ACTION SERIES ON TV! The fight scenes tonight were epic!! Characters and their plots are starting to converge. There were some very cool reveals. Next week looks insane!!

Baron Chau is sexy as hell. :D

Fantastic episode.

I knew Waldo was a mean bastard back in the day but DAYUM.

The action was pretty great in this episode. Tommen vs Lewis Tan actually surprised.

That cult was mad creepy.

Young Waldo sounded a lot like Old Waldo. Was he dubbed over?

[YT]O87YErKqPcU[/YT]

[YT]_VgAu-lv5E4[/YT]

Last edited:
Excellent episode, best of the season so far. The Widow was really scared of Tommen though. So could those Pilgrim devotees kill anyone without a gift? Because i always thought she was one of the best fighters (Bajie said she would kick his ass).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"