American Crime Story - Coming to FX from Ryan Murphy

I'm kind of losing a bit of patience with this. It started off so strong and now I just keep asking myself why this was titled Versace at all. The acting is really good, but it just isn't as interesting to me as the OJ trial.

With only one more to go I will finish, but yeah, it wasn't as good as O.J..

On the one hand, I do wish they were giving us a bit more of an even distribution between Cunanan and Versace. But on the other, it's not Versace, it's the Assassination of Versace. The first season's title was the name of the court case, so obviously OJ was key to that, and so were Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, Johnnie Cochran and Kardasian. And as off as the execution has been, the events leading up to Versace being killed were really more about what was going on with Cunanan than what was going on with Versace.

On the one hand, I do wish they were giving us a bit more of an even distribution between Cunanan and Versace. But on the other, it's not Versace, it's the Assassination of Versace. The first season's title was the name of the court case, so obviously OJ was key to that, and so were Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, Johnnie Cochran and Kardasian. And as off as the execution has been, the events leading up to Versace being killed were really more about what was going on with Cunanan than what was going on with Versace.

Excellent point

That's a good point, Sawyer. But I was expecting this to cover the manhunt and aftermath a bit more.

Pretty sure that will be done in the finale this week.

Airs at the the same time as Krypton. I don't know which one to begrudgingly watch first, lol.

I expected a bit more of the aftermath of this. Maybe more scenes of the police afterwards, or Lizzy. That finale scene with Versace's family was poignant.

That was pretty underwhelming.

I dunno. I thought it wrapped up pretty nicely. :)

The Versace family were the only compelling parts of this finale, imo. This season was one big *shrug* for me.

I think it just had a lot to live up to with the OJ trial. But I look forward to Cross and Kitsch duking it out at the Emmys. :funny:
Michael Shannon FTW. :oldrazz:

It was an adequate finale. Almost the whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way, so I'm not going to begrudge the finale for not blowing my socks off. It did it's thing.

I just wonder how differently I'd feel about this if it wasn't for the dumbass narrative structure they opted to go with. Because the whole thing was really like "Do you like character progression? Then you'll REALLY like watching this monstrous character become a few degrees less monstrous week after week."

Like, yeah, I saw him emotionally torment and then brutally murder a closeted elderly man a few weeks ago, but now I'm seeing him being very persnickety about being this other guy's boy toy. What an arc!

It was ok. It helped cement to me that Darren Criss is 10x hotter as serial killer then just about anything else.

This certainly didn't turn out any way, shape, or form of how I expected it to from when it was first announced.

I think it just had a lot to live up to with the OJ trial. But I look forward to Cross and Kitsch duking it out at the Emmys. :funny:

I'd be happy with either Shannon or Kitsch walking away with an award. That might have been Kitsch's best work yet. As far as this show, I'm not sure anyone knocked it that far out of the park.

It was ok. It helped cement to me that Darren Criss is 10x hotter as serial killer then just about anything else.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Everything about Andrew just turned me off, even aside from the murdering. TBH, the whole thing felt like a perfect culmination of the arc they stuck him with towards the tail end of Glee. Like, I honestly watched the first few episodes and was like "Oh, so this is what Blaine is up to now."

So, no, Darren didn't do anything for me here. Edgar Ramirez as a balding gay fifty-something in poor health, however... :o

I just wonder how differently I'd feel about this if it wasn't for the dumbass narrative structure they opted to go with. Because the whole thing was really like "Do you like character progression? Then you'll REALLY like watching this monstrous character become a few degrees less monstrous week after week."

This is my biggest complaint. I think they did right by starting with Versace's murder, that episode needed to pull people in. Then they should've done a bit of the man hunt, and flashed back to Andrew at the beginning. I literally thought I was watching the previous episode one week because they were showing someone he had already killed and everything felt so similar.

And Michael Shannon was awesome in Waco too, I just thought Kitsch was showier.

I honestly don't get it. And more than that, I don't think I've even seen an explanation for it.

I'm not really sure what they were trying to accomplish with that either. You'd think it would be more compelling to see Andrew progressively get worse and not go backwards.

I guess they were trying something new. Not so sure it worked the way they wanted.

Started off magnificently, but fell apart. I still enjoyed. Though I'm shocked at how little Cruz or Ramirez was in the show.

Give Criss an EMMY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"