American Horror Story on FX - - Part 3

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

So the finale wasnt great and the battle against Michael was underwhelming but after 2 boring episodes it certainly made this episode feel much better. The first 15 minutes should've been wrapped up in episode 9.

The return of the one true Voodoo Queen had me screaming with joy even if her time with us was short.

Madison truly found her redemption in sacrificing herself in an attempt to keep Michael down while giving her sisters more time to get Mallory to the past.

Cordelia having to sacrifice herself so Mallory could rise as the Supreme was....underwhelming. Like it was a good scene between her and Michael but this entire time was wanting Mallory to be an Angel.

Mallory going to the past just to see Constance kick Michael out was also underwhelming. Sure it was GREAT to see Constance again but now she goes on to live a longer, better life after help raise the Anti-Christ. Mallory just runs Michael over which is enough to kill the spawn of Satan. She returns to the academy and gets street cred with the peeps in hell so they allow her to bring Nan/Misty Day back to the living but she leaves Madison in hell!

All of this just so the two pretty kids from the first 2 episodes can boink one another and for some reason give birth the the NEW anti-christ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? and end season

Go figure we get such a strong season (for like 5 episodes) and end on such a weak note. Classic AHS.

#901 Primal Slayer, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

I thought it was a decent enough ending, better than other seasons. :)

3. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

This finale did a significantly better job of capping the season off than I had been expecting it to.

4. harlequinade

harlequinade capable of much unpleasantness

MY SISTERS ARE A LEGION, *censored*

<3

5. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

The way Michael was killed was a little underwhelming, but she had to get him when he wasn’t yet very powerful.

And the new anti christ just means that no matter what you do, no matter how you change the coarse of history, some things are inevitable. You can change the small details, but you can’t change fate. You can’t change the natural order of things.

6. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

The ending was satisfying enough, I guess. It all felt a bit slight though, plot-wise.

This season was not what I was expecting. I didn't expect so much of it to be flashback. I thought there would be more post-apocalypse stuff, involving the outposts and Co-Operative.

It all came back down to the Supreme (now Mallory)- to show a powerful witch, like Cordelia in the Coven season. It was okay, I just expected the whole thing to feel more epic. More of an epic showdown involving witches, warlocks, the devil etc. It all was tied up rather quickly. So much seemed focus on Michael getting the Kathy Bates robot replacement and then straight to the nuclear war. I kind of wanted to see more of Michael fully come into his powers (after discovering Sandra Bernhard's devil worshippers) and doing more things before the end of the world. But there just wasn't enough time. Same with the tech nerds and who they work for (the powerful 1%). That would've made it more interesting exploring that.

I kind of was expecting it to end on a more optimistic note, like those two genetic kids were going to have a good child hehe, like a saviour to battle evil. But I guess it's all just set up for another season. I hope if they continue exploring that (devil child) it will be different and there will be a bit more to it.

It was good seeing the witches though. Just wish we saw a bit more of all of them.

#906 Willi Berg, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  7. Verbal21

Verbal21 Registered

I forgot those were the two from the beginning of the season. I figured I was supposed to know who they were due to how the camera focused on their faces.

8. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

There was something strange about this season. It jumped around a lot. From the bunker/outpost drama to the Michael as a youngster drama, to the witches, the warlocks, to the tech guys etc. There was a lot to cover. Once you get invested in the characters in the bunker, then they're done with, then it switches to Michael, then the warlocks, the satan worshippers etc. I mean, a lot of time was spent in the beginning in the bunker and Michael having to decide who to choose for the Sanctuary, to all of them dying anyway. Then to the witches being resurrected etc. It just sometimes seemed like, why bother on that storyline when more time was needed on another storyline?

9. Steyin

Steyin Bidding you ADIEU!

I feel like Michael, or the devil, knew what was going to happen in a way and that the two who have the new antichist in the end were selected to the bunker on purpose. This raised more questions and I wonder if we'll retread/visit it again since the Satan worshipers find the new AC in 2024.

Would be nice to focus a whole season on the Cooperative/secret societies.

10. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Not very good. The best character was killed disrespectfully and pathetically.

And the new antichrist quite literally makes the events of this season reduant. Just a sad tale of a sick boy, a boy who WAS BY FAR the most interesting character of the season, job to a bunch of other characters.

Given the way the Warlocks were portrayed, and the old witch's behavior, are we gonna just not acknowkedge how sexist this season was? The non-flamboyant men were weak people, and the symbol/theme of this season was quite literally...man is evil, woman save the world. I havent quite seen something like that. Sexism on both ends exist in many form of media, and woman are targetted far more, but sexism was the entire theme of this season, and social issues shouldnt undermind story telling. This season was a reaction formed script from oppression. In itself, I am all for..but a theme THAT reaction formed shouldnt be the basis of an entire mainstream story. Too polarizing.

11. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Coven made me lose interest. I watched a few seasons after, and stopped. Finally came back for apocalypse, and it just progressively got worse each episode.

Also...HOW..HOW does killing the antichrist give you street cred with the demons of hell????? Why would DEMONS OF HELL like the human who kills their lord's son, the one who was going to rebuild the world in their lord's image? That made no sense and was cheap writing to 1. Bring back the witches. 2. Ensure the evil Michael was stopped. 3. Show that Mallory could do what Michael did out of sheer righteousness. She kills their lord? Foils their lord's lord's plan? Street cred girl! Have your witches back! Its horrid horrid lazy writing. I will not be watching the next season, and should have stuck with my earlier choice.

It has its fans, but technically, it really isnt a good show

12. Verbal21

Verbal21 Registered

A lot of the dialogue and forced references and name dropping are so cringeworthy on this show. It screams desperate from the show writers to try to be “cool”.

13. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

I heard in Hell , witches get stitches and witches be crazy...

14. KevTravels

KevTravels Registered

i wanna see Evan Peters do some more stuff than just the next incarnation of AHS

15. tzarinna

tzarinna Mamochka

He's even wearing cloven shoes.

16. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

He really was fantastic in both shows. :)

17. Verbal21

Verbal21 Registered

Is he gay or just wanted attention on the red carpet?

18. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

He's gay and wanted to look good for the carpet.

19. Verbal21

Verbal21 Registered

Ok.