American Horror Story on FX - - Part 3

I'm not sure how much longer it could go without falling apart anyways. :)

I'm not sure how much longer it could go without falling apart anyways. :)

lol true that Squeek, true that

overall though, still one of my favorite seasons, the 80's influence sealed the deal

lol true that Squeek, true that

overall though, still one of my favorite seasons, the 80's influence sealed the deal
I'm the same. I'm old enough to remember the trends when they happened, lol. I especially love the opening theme and montage.

Interesting to end it on a "happy" note I suppose. Quite enjoyed the season, first one in quite some time that hasn't gone off the rails.

Anyone else get the creeps from the disclaimer shown prior to episodes with the guy holding the knife in silhouette?

I wasn't really that happy with it all when the season ended. It seemed scattershot, and truncated (I was surprised it was only 9 episodes too.) I just didn't feel much with the payoff- not with the ghosts especially, but some with Jingles and family. The narrative just jumped all over the place and it felt silly at the end with all the Ramirez killings, the random Dylan McDermot character (maybe he got edited out a lot?) There were build up to things, like the music festival, that didn't go anywhere either. It just felt way too random and made up along the way. Or maybe it was hacked to death. The slasher got to the editing bay!

Last edited:
This season felt surprisingly short IMO, and there were definitely some sub plots that didn't get any payoff whatsoever, but overall I did really enjoy it for the most part. I at least thought it maintained a pretty consistent momentum throughout and I definitely appreciate them not going completely off the rails like they have in some of the previous seasons, but yeah it could have had a stronger finale.

I still thought it might have ended better if Jingles' son turned out to be a killer himself. When they went to the house of the girl who survived and then declared themselves to both be final girls, I expected the son to whip out a knife and hack them down. :p

That's where I am too. Season didn't really feel like an AHS show but rather, some school film directors homage to 80s slasher flicks. Like, it was directed by someone who hasn't fully understood how to tell a full cohesive story yet.

Yeah but it was still more coherent than most seasons :)

haha, that says something about how bad some of the other seasons have gotten more than a compliment to this one:funny:

The ending being "happy" definitely helped the overall story though. Are there really any lingering questions? Maybe where's the ghost of the perverted movie director, but other than that, there's really nothing that stands out too much.

there is one thing Ill never forget about this season, it got me into Billy Idol's music!!

there is one thing Ill never forget about this season, it got me into Billy Idol's music!!

I've been guilty of yelling MORE, MORE, MORE!!! for no reason since that episode:funny:

I've been guilty of yelling MORE, MORE, MORE!!! for no reason since that episode:funny:

lol thats awesome, Rebel Yell and Flesh for Fantasy are both great tracks, and used really well in the season. Its too bad "Billy Idol" never actually appeared on the show this season

lol thats awesome, Rebel Yell and Flesh for Fantasy are both great tracks, and used really well in the season. Its too bad "Billy Idol" never actually appeared on the show this season

I was listening to a podcast about it and they brought up a great point. It’s like they were leading to the big concert and a Billy Idol appearance and it seems like that should’ve been what Episode 9 was about. And then they just decided to cut out that episode or something. It definitely does feel weird in retrospect.

I was listening to a podcast about it and they brought up a great point. It’s like they were leading to the big concert and a Billy Idol appearance and it seems like that should’ve been what Episode 9 was about. And then they just decided to cut out that episode or something. It definitely does feel weird in retrospect.

ya I thought the music festival was going to be the halloween episode, where the ghosts were planning on slaughtering the attendees lol then it didnt happen and they alluded to it happening in the next episode, then it still didnt happen, then just gone entirely. This season didnt really have a "halloween" episode come to think of it, which is a bit dissapointing

ya I thought the music festival was going to be the halloween episode, where the ghosts were planning on slaughtering the attendees lol then it didnt happen and they alluded to it happening in the next episode, then it still didnt happen, then just gone entirely. This season didnt really have a "halloween" episode come to think of it, which is a bit dissapointing

I think it's been two years now without a halloween episode. That's usually the Mrs and I's favorite episode of the season since it was the one thing that connected some of the previous seasons before Apocalypse did.

I remember being bummed out last year since it was actually on Halloween and was so ready to see how they'd incorporate Edward Mordrake but nope. Pretty let down these past two seasons about the lack of a Halloween episode.

I think it's been two years now without a halloween episode. That's usually the Mrs and I's favorite episode of the season since it was the one thing that connected some of the previous seasons before Apocalypse did.

I remember being bummed out last year since it was actually on Halloween and was so ready to see how they'd incorporate Edward Mordrake but nope. Pretty let down these past two seasons about the lack of a Halloween episode.

oh yeah you are right, I remember now, that was dissapointing

Edward Mordrake was cool, freak show's Halloween episode was probably my favorite of the series, how about you?

Paulson and Peters? Rabe? Macaulay Culkin???

Sounds like this one would be a true anthology, too. I’m curious to see it.

A year late on this but I just watched the 1984 season. I enjoyed a lot of it for the most part. So much fun.

Then that final episode hit. What a terrible ending.

Why build up this Halloween slaughter and never pay it off. And cutting between 2019 and 1989 took any surprises completely out of it. It should’ve just been the 1989 bits the whole way with a short epilogue with Mr. Jingle’s son. And talk about such a bland actor. They could’ve cast someone to really nail the emotion of the end instead of it coming off so hokey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"