American Idol - Season 5

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Kazaire, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Victor Creed Registered

That was the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

2. SapphirePrima Registered

Ace and Lisa weren't in the bottom and Melissa sucked she screwed up the song the other night. My top 3 Lisa, Ace, and Taylor Hicks.

3. DarKush Registered

My top three are:
    1. Chris-my pick to be the AI winner. He brings it everytime. Almost every performance looks and sounds like a concert.
    2. Mandisa-Runner up. Great smile, energy. She also brings it everytime. But her plus size will keep her out of the winner's column.
    3. Paris-Has a good voice, but her personality, confidence, and presence really belie her years. I can easily see her making records and videos.

The rest:
    4. Lisa-Her low score might be the wake up call for her. She has a great voice-perhaps better than Paris, and a very marketable look. But she is too rigid, too perfect-similar to Ayla. She has to find a way to let her hair down, sing youthful, fun songs. She didn't come off sincere singing the Stevie Wonder tune the other night. Once she hits the right balance, finding songs that fit her and connect with audience she will be dangerous.
    5. Taylor-He has such exuberance and he kills the more soulful, bluesy type songs. He finally came alive last week and continued doing his thing this week.
    6. Elliot-He has a nice voice, good vocal control. But he doesn't have the "right" look. I don't see him making videos, being on magazine covers. I can see him doing back up work, or putting out more Adult Contemporary/Jazz type albums.
    7. Katherine-She has a good voice, but I think Mandisa, Paris, and Lisa are all better. What carries her is her great personality and her looks. She needs to stick to songs that really show her bubbly, magnetic personality.
    8. Ace-His niche is definitely ballads. He needs to stick with them so he can stare into the camera at all times and hypnotize people, especially the ladies, with his Doomgaze.
    9. Bucky-Bucky has an okay voice. I don't see him making it to the final 4, but I think he will cut a record or two. He knows who he is and what he likes. And his cover of "Superstition" was better than I thought it would be.
    10. Kellie-Not the strongest voice, but her Ellie May, country bumpkin personality is appealing. She did disappear in the Stevie song she did the other night. She needs to stick to more upbeat stuff, or something that can allow her to keep a rough edge to her voice.
    11. Kevin-His Stevie cover was his best performance, but this guy shouldn't have made it this far and even he knows it. I think he has a sympathy vote and some Simon backlash working for him. His voice has limited range and he can't sing anything outside of Josh Groban.

4. GoldGoblin Registered

^People like Pickler better than Lisa.

5. Kazaire Registered

Not me. Lisa is awesome. My girl of choice.

6. SapphirePrima Registered

Pickler likes the caffine addicted version of Carrie Underwood:down :o

7. Gamma Ray Registered

Kevin always sings with the same tone of voice. I can't believe he's still there!

8. Mr.Webs Something Witty Here

Which is sad.:(

9. Victor Creed Registered

She also tends to try to over do some of the parts of songs which is just annoying. Mandisa will be fine as long as Jenny and the WW Club votes for her.

10. Gamma Ray Registered

Size didn't stop Ruben. And he was a horrible singer.

11. Kazaire Registered

^ Finally, somebody admits it! He was horrible and should have never won.

12. DarKush Registered

Gamma Ray and Kazaire,

I think Ruben being a male made his weight less of an issue. And I think Ruben is a very good singer. I bought his first album (R & B), and it was better than most of the stuff masquerading as music these days.

13. Victor Creed Registered

Haha, I would hate to see your idea of "good" music. Just because it was better than the crap they play nowadays doesn't mean anything, I could make farting noises with my armpit and be better than half the crap out there.

14. GoldGoblin Registered

What kind of music do you think they will sing next week?

15. DarKush Registered

FYI,
    I like all types of music, but R & B best. Particularly the R & B of the 1970s, 80s, and early 90s. I also like the hip hop of that period as well.

And Ruben has an "old school" vibe that would fit in with that era.

16. Kazaire Registered

And see, I absolutely hate R & B with every fiber of my being. I hate it almost as much as I hate Rap. I like the Pop/Rock Alternative stuff.

17. DarKush Registered

March 21

My Bottom Three
    1. Lisa
    2. Bucky
    3. Taylor

Who's Going Home?
    Lisa

Best Performance?
    Paris

18. tzarinna Mamochka

I really liked Paris,Mandisa,Taylor, and Elizabeth.

Lisa was really rough, I guess acting her age took too much out of her.

Simon kind of looked at Mandisa a little lustfully, after her "stripper" performance.

19. Gamma Ray Registered

I missed tonight. Who did the judges hate?

20. DarKush Registered

Paula and Randy didn't hate anyone.

I think Simon judged Bucky's performance the harhest, followed by Taylor. He had mild criticism for Lisa, and he actually found something good to say about Kevin. But I think he did that because he knew the backlash might get Kevin even more sympathy votes.

21. Kazaire Registered

Poor Lisa :( I didn't even bother voting for her, she sucked so horribly.

22. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

Taylor Hicks wouild be my favorite of this season.
    I would be pretty happy if he made it to at least the Top 3.
    I really lik Pickler's appeal for some reason, even though she isnt the best singer.

:cool:

23. GoldGoblin Registered

Kellie Pickler has the same exact personality as Dolly Parton does,that's why people like her so much.She will make the top five just from that.

Katharine and Chris will be the top two this season,there the best ones.

24. Victor Creed Registered

Haha. That girl is so clueless, if I wasn't busy votin for Katharine, I would vote for her just because I wanna see what the hell she says next.

A mink, lol. Moron.

25. Gamma Ray Registered

Finally, America got it right with the votes. Bye Kevin. See you... NEVER AGAIN!