American Idol season 7 thread

Kady Malloy is my girl. I wish she was still on the show. She was amazing to look at. Kristy Lee Cook is gorgeous too and I hope she stays on for a while.

i thought she was one of the more talented ones. I think if she wasn't so rigid while performing she wouldve been top 12 for sure.

Unless she sings her pretty little head off Tuesday she should go.

There are a couple worser than Kristy Lee Cook who should go home before she does. That David Archuletta kid should have went home last week for forgetting the words to the song he sung. That Amanda Overmyer girl just growls out her songs & it's like what the bad place is she singing but she gets alot of praises most of the time from the judges but she should have been sent home weeks ago.

David is going to win.

His last performance was hilarious

Kristy looked amazing tonight, didn't sing too bad either :)

Michael Johns................. nooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm still a fan though, I thought he did a "ok" job.

I don't know about David Archulata's performance was "masterclass", I found it boring

Why is Simon calling "Blackbird" a song about a bird? :huh:

It was inspired by the American civil rights movement, according to the Beatles bios. When I saw Paul McCartney in concert, he said that's what it was about before he played it.

Simon is crazy, he knows next to nothing about music.

I'd just like to say, I'm really tired of these losers trying to do Beatles songs. Some of them come out ok, but still... let it be. :down

See what I did there? Oh yeah, you see it. :o

I only got to see from David Cook til the end tonight, but I kinda wish they hadn't done the same theme 2 weeks in a row.

I thought Castro's performance was super corny and not very good.

I really liked Carly's Blackbird and Syesha's Yesterday. it was nice to see them use different ranges in their voice that they don't usually use.

I'd just like to say, I'm really tired of these losers trying to do Beatles songs. Some of them come out ok, but still... let it be. :down

See what I did there? Oh yeah, you see it. :o

very nice Mee.

and speaking of Let It Be, of both weeks of the Lennon/McCarthy songbook i think Brooke White's performance of that song is the most memorable to me

Even though Brooke White's performance this week wasn't as brilliant as last week...it was still simply wonderful. And definitely the most memorable.:up:

I like yellow.:o

And poor Michael Johns. You can't cut down Day In The Life....you just can't.:(

and having to follow behind the little Utah wonder is very hard...

Top 3 of the Night:
1.) Syesha Mercado - a beautiful rendition of "Yesterday"
2.) Carly Smithson - a beautiful rendition of "Blackbird"
3.) David Archuleta - a great return to form

Bottom 3 of the Night:
1.) Amanda Overmyer - her schtick is REALLY getting old
2.) Kristy Lee Cook - she just doesn't have what it takes both vocally and in her performances
3.) Michael Johns - you can't choose a song like "A Day In Life" and expect to do it justice with an arrangement like that

Summation of the Night:

Terrible, terrible, terrible song choices across the board. Too many people trying to tackle incredibly difficult songs for this format.

Kristy looked amazing tonight, didn't sing too bad either :)

I hope she did well enough to keep her around another week. Her song/singing tonight was at least better than her classic country ho down version of 8 Days a week last week.

Yeah, but, not really. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away is a gritty, almost mean-spirited song. She made it into a pop ballad.

i think Cook is the one to go.

I think Jason Castro will be in the bottom 3 too.

does anyone know what next week's theme is? It better not be Beatles :cmad:

I'm not a big fan, but he is talented. Day Tripper wasn't terrible, save for that voicebox solo.:o

Carly in the bottom three? The fudge?

Ha, I can't believe Kristy made it again, top ten.
Amanda got that 7 tat on her hand and now she's out. A little too cocky, me thinks. She'll get a record deal. Oh well.

It was Carly who got the 7 tattoo, not Amanda.

Can't believe Kristy is still there. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"