American Nightmare: The Ballad of Richard Jewell

MrMaooz

Avenger
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Fox has closed a deal to acquire rights to Marie Brenner’s 1997 Vanity Fair article “The Ballad Of Richard Jewell”, which will be developed for Jonah Hill to play the title subject. Jewell was the security guard who discovered a backpack in the Olympics compound in Atlanta in 1996. Initially hailed a hero for reporting the suspicious knapsack and then helping clear bystanders from the area before it exploded, Jewell was subsequently vilified just three days later as a potential suspect, his life and reputation torn apart in the advent of the 24 hour news cycle. Leonardo DiCaprio will play a lawyer Jewell knew casually, a Southern attorney who mostly did real estate closings and seemed in over his head, but he guided Jewell through a hellish Twilight Zone that went on even after the FBI officially cleared Jewell’s name three months later.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/richard-jewell-movie-jonah-hill-leonardo-dicaprio-fox/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

yes............f.... yeeeeeeeeees

Dicaprio and Hill need to become a team like Deniro and Pesci.

Iz8pbEk.gif
U5GelRx.gif

igfJevu.gif
vrkaPCt.gif

Last edited:
Have a feeling Dicaprio and Hill will become the modern day De Niro and Pesci. And that's a ****ing great thing. :D

Prediction- Oscar for Jonah Hill

Third movie together?

Abbot and Costello

:woot:

i hope they don't make this into some comedy.
what happened to richard jewell was shameful.
i hope he found some peace in the end.

i hope they don't make this into some comedy.
what happened to richard jewell was shameful.
i hope he found some peace in the end.

I can see this as being a darkly comedic character piece. I'm thinking about something with a similar tone to American Hustle or Up In The Air.

Have a feeling Dicaprio and Hill will become the modern day De Niro and Pesci. And that's a ****ing great thing. :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and post something that may get me vilified: while of course I believe that DiCaprio and De Niro are both great actors, I think Hill is currently and potentially much better than Pesci is.

Agreed. Dicaprio is already better than current Deniro

So ****ing excited right now!!!

Agreed. Dicaprio is already better than current Deniro

Or actually, I should say Hill is better than Pesci was, as Pesci's been out of acting for a little while.

However, I prefer to judge Bobby D. by his achievements at his peak, rather than the roles he plays now. Not a fair comparison otherwise, IMO.

not a fan of either, one is too effeminate and the other is too tryhard. comparing leo to deniro is laughable.

I wouldn't say laughable because its a decent comparison. De Niro is still head and shoulders above Leo though. Jonah Hill will probably be nominated for another Oscar he doesn't deserve. Seriously, this guy over Daniel Bruhl just ridiculously horrible

DiCaprio has a ways to go to get to DeNiro. DeNiro's recent lack of success has more to do with Hollywood and his age than anything else. Hollywood simply doesn't create good juicy roles for 70 year old men.

I wouldn't say laughable because its a decent comparison. De Niro is still head and shoulders above Leo though. Jonah Hill will probably be nominated for another Oscar he doesn't deserve. Seriously, this guy over Daniel Bruhl just ridiculously horrible
Hill deserved his nomination. Daniel Bruhl wasnt even supporting in his movie.

That was a Disney move prolly.

As someone who remembers distinctly when all this was going on, I’ll see it.

Paul Walter Hauser to Play Title Character in Clint Eastwood’s ‘Richard Jewell’

“I, Tonya” and “Late Night” star Paul Walter Hauser has signed on to star as the title character alongside Sam Rockwell in Clint Eastwood’s next film, “Richard Jewell,” sources tell Variety.

Kathy Bates Joining Clint Eastwood’s ‘Richard Jewell’ – Deadline

We hear that the Misery Oscar winner is joining Clint Eastwood's Richard Jewell.

Bates will play the role of Bobi Jewell, Richard’s mother who was an insurance claims adjuster.

I have to wonder how much they will get into the story of the actual bomber that evaded capture for years. Often due to aid given to him by locals.

good casting. i seen hauser in a couple tv shows and fella is a wonderful actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"