Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]466735[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]462495[/split]

3. MrMaooz

MrMaooz Well-Known Member

*looks at thread*

*yawns*

4. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Well-Known Member

I'm mad at you Fallen. :cmad:

You've intrigued me enough by the issues you recommended that I actually picked up some more issues in 52. I said I wouldn't do that... but they're not all that bad, so I'm no longer mad at you. :woot:

My fangirl scares are back.... lol. You know I worry.

5. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

New thread means gifs and pictures my son. Get on it. :woot:

6. MrMaooz

If I can, I'll post all the gifs from the last thread here.

7. Nemeres

Nemeres Easy, miss. I've got you.

EDIT: Crap, wrong thread.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  8. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

What you mean so others don't think Clark and Supes are the same? Yeah could work but those glasses looked ordinary. :woot:

That's why it's good that Lois knows she'll cover for him when he needs to go into superhero mode.

9. Nemeres

Ah, another thing I wanted to bring up... don't you guys think the Lois/Clark/Superman love triangle will make itself missed at some point? It was one of the bummers of Lois knowing in this version... that wonderful chemistry/sexual tension that has been with the characters since the very beginning is now gone. It fueled four whole seasons of a TV show, so nothing to scoff at. And here goes my 500th "Superman: Flyby" recomendation: read that script to see how cool and fun that relationship could have been.

10. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

I did read the Flyby script thought it was good in that regard. Yes the initial tension is great but she has to find out eventually and the triangle for two isn't done when she does find out as they Clark and Lois have to keep the pretense that Clark and Superman aren't the same person. I love it that they're taking this away straight away we get something slightly different on the big screen.

The comics haven't been like that for a very long time pre reboot.

11. charl_huntress

I don't think I'm going to miss it in this version. I do like it as I have said before, but I like the dynamic of what I saw in MOS too. It's a more realistic version if you will. One of the aspects I have always liked about the wink-wink is the humor, but I don't think that sort of humor would have been appropriate in this type of movie. There were lots of 'real' world consequences. Wink-winks wouldn't have felt right.

12. Nemeres

Hey, someone agrees.

It would arguably give the actors more stuff to work with. As for the heavy stakes... I love epic epicness as much as the next guy, but that can only take you so far if you don't add charm to the equation. I'm curious, and a little concerned, as to how the Lois/Clark relationship will be after MOS. Will they already be in a steady relationship in the sequel? In my opinion, that was one of the weaknesses of the comics in the post-marriage era. Sexual tension is a huge asset, and without that... what are you left with, when it comes to Superman and Lois? I know I'd have trouble thinking of something. Hopefully Goyer manages to.

13. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

You can't keep denying the sexual tension though at some point it has to give. To you as the reader and the characters as well. Can't keep them stringing along other wise it gets boring and tiring.

There's been many a great story post marriage you have to get a writer good enough who can write them like that. It's on thing getting them to the point of being a couple another thing entirely writing after that.

14. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

15. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

Will lois have some cute outfits in the next film?

16. charl_huntress

:woot: She was dressed professionally in most of the scenes she was in, but I don't think they'll dress her like Olivia Pope in the next movie. Not that there would be anything wrong with that...lol

17. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

They could make it work if they have a scene where Lois & Clark have to attend some kind of social/charitable event. In that case, Lois wearing a nice dress would be perfectly appropriate. And given that Bruce Wayne is in this film, having such a scene would be easy to write in.

18. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Not one of her scenes called for her to dress up. I did like how her office clothes looked.

I'm hoping Clark and Lois attend a function maybe go to Gotham so we can see Amy Adams with the full works.

19. charl_huntress

I hadn't even thought of that and I should have. That would be very appropriate especially if Wayne is in town. A fancy scene where they really highlight Adams natural beauty would be pretty good...along with a damn good dress!

20. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

21. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

Sold!
    It is a must then!!! :)

Btw, having thinking about it, I think donner,'s version of superman is much more depressing than SR; where superman n lois couldn't be together because they ain't compatible genetically n causing trauma to lois... thus, clark is destined to be alone till his death... (he can't have sex for God's sake... what's the point of having superpowers? ?!! A Destined miserable life!)

22. charl_huntress

lol...you know I didn't really notice that in the movie when I was younger because I really didn't get it per se. Once I became more knowledge of the character and started reading comics I really started to hate that aspect. I still love STM and SII for what they are. SR is a whole 'nother story. My issue is writers have to be careful to separate that his powers from him being an actual god.

23. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

I hope so. #eveninggownlois has to be part of the film!

24. MrMaooz

Yes! Pale Adams ftw!

25. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

That's the one scene where I thought the suit looked ugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.