Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

2. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  3. herolee10

Given the length of Superman's cape, I wouldn't mind seeing an iconic shot of Lois wearing nothing but his cape wrapped around her for a "morning after scene".lol

4. NosfeRomas

NosfeRomas Well-Known Member

5. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to that myself.

Though she looks really stunning in some of the pics. I hope we get a fancy diningl room scene so we can see Lois in all her glory.

6. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Not really opposed to this either if done tastefully. Lois in Superman's cape is iconic.

7. herolee10

Agreed; I'm not the biggest fan of sexuality being presented in a over-the-top fashion (ala Michael Bay style) in comic book genre films, let alone with characters that I enjoyed.

Ironically enough, I thought the love scene between Bruce and Talia (Miranda Tate) was done very tastefully, despite it really having no meaning in the long run.lol

Also, I really hope that we get to have a real scene between Lois and Martha in this film.

8. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Yeah, I'm not fond of gratuitous love scenes, but when done right they can really convey the feelings of the characters involved. I agree about the Bruce/Talia scene. It didn't have much purpose, but it was tasteful.

I'd also like to see Martha and Lois interact, especially after Lois showing up at the Kent house like she did wanting to talk about Clark.

9. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

Yes, and longer scenes as well. I don't want it to be a pure action extravaganza.

10. MrsKent26

MrsKent26 Whatever.

Me neither. And I do love the action and want lots in this movie, but the same detailed attention given to the action scenes needs to be applied to the character scenes. Don't just cut them off after one or two lines. I'm hoping this new writer will help with that issue.

11. charl_huntress

I know this is mushy, but I want an awesome Lois/Superman/Clark for this movie. I want it to be awesome and awe inspiring. They have an iconic love that is ageless IMO and I want to really see it on film. That's probably my greatest hope for this film. Even if Bats outshines Supes, which is likely, if they get that right then I will be a happy camper.

12. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Not if they also take inspiration from Superman/Batman by Jeph Loeb.

13. charl_huntress

Yeah...you can't really complain about Loeb too much....in fact I don't have any complaints. Not surprisingly, his run is pretty much the only issues of WF that I own.

14. ArmsHeldOut

Exactly.

15. ArmsHeldOut

I liked Loeb's run, but, I had some problems with his characterization of Batman. There's a part in Batman #612, where Bats says something like, "Superman is essentially a good person, and, deep down, I am not." That's just not how I see Batman (never will), and I very much doubt he would see himself that way. I understand that he's not as altruistic as his Kryptonian ally, but Batman, in my eyes, is still a good man at heart.

16. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

oh but it's fine to mess up Superman's characterization to make Batman look good. I'm not saying you want that but let's be honest they're are people like that. TDK Returns is really crap in that sense and no Superman fan should like that.

17. ArmsHeldOut

It's a little hard to believe you're not suggesting I want that when you just replied directly to me. :huh: I never said it's fine to mess up Superman's characterization. I'd rather not see either character slighted in any way.

18. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Oh no it wasn't I was just speaking out in general and I mentioned it because you said Batman's characterization was wrong. it wasn't directed at you. :yay:

19. ArmsHeldOut

Ok. By the way, I think you can get an avatar, now that you've reached over 1000 posts.

20. charl_huntress

Haha...I thought Loeb had him right. Bats is a man on a constant quest for vengeance. Plus, I like that Bats realized that this IS the quality that truly makes Superman better than him. :cwink:

21. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of both so naturally I want both to get a fair shake. It is a shame that a segment of the Bat-fandom don't seem to want Supes to be portrayed competently but Batman has always attracted the most annoying and crazed people so I'm not surprised.

22. ArmsHeldOut

Bats started out that way, but eventually he became more altruistic. It certainly is more personal for him, but he does what he does to make sure that no innocent has to suffer the way he did. Sure, he wants to punish the guilty, but, at the same time, he very much wants to help people.

23. charl_huntress

:O Superman fans are pretty crazy too...lol
    tbh...outside of WF I don't read Bats comics. I own the TPB of Hush but that's it. My impression of him through WF never really made me think of his him altruistic.

24. ArmsHeldOut

To be fair, I think there's a certain segment of Superman-fandom that doesn't want Batman to be portrayed accurately as well. It's unfortunately rare to find people who respect both characters equally.

25. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Where not as crazy as Batman fans there should be an Arkham style planet to house all of them.:o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.