BvS Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I...don't know what to say. It's been a while since I've come across someone who even sorta likes that movie.:oldrazz:

Umm, the plane scene was good. I can say that.

It's a good a movie, but not a particularly good Superman movie. I think it would've been better received if it had starred an original character.

Ironically, I feel almost the opposite about MOS.

Meh...it's hard for me to rank Loises. I generally like them all. Delaney should always get a mention since she did such a great job, but if I had to pick one as "favorite" I'd go with Hatcher. I liked her...neuroses and all.

I was only doing the live-action ones. Delaney is probably my favorite overall.

Life nor Hollywood is fair.
I don't remember anyone saying, life or Hollywood were fair. I'm not life or Hollywood or a follower, just because society has told us that women are useless when they hit 35 doesn't mean I have to think that. You can think that though, everyone has a right to their opinion and I have the right to respond to said opinion.

Also Hollywood has been more than fair to Ms. Adams. 5 Oscar nominations and two hit films released last year and other one which got great reviews in "Her." She's 39 and still going strong.

I don't remember anyone saying, life or Hollywood were fair. I'm not life or Hollywood or a follower, just because society has told us that women are useless when they hit 35 doesn't mean I have to think that. You can think that though, everyone has a right to their opinion and I have the right to respond to said opinion.

Also Hollywood has been more than fair to Ms. Adams. 5 Oscar nominations and two hit films released last year and other one which got great reviews in "Her." She's 39 and still going strong.
I was responding to how Hollywood treats older actresses...not anyone's opinion. It's just a simple fact of life for actresses, and the same doesn't apply to male actors. It's a sad fact of life, but it is what is.

I don't know about what society says about women and I don't know if I agree with your sentiment...but I was in the military. I understand sexism better than most.

Because I'm bored...

tumblr_mzgfybMiPY1qg9zvgo1_500.gif

tumblr_mzgfybMiPY1qg9zvgo2_500.gif

tumblr_mzgfybMiPY1qg9zvgo3_500.gif

I was responding to how Hollywood treats older actresses...not anyone's opinion. It's just a simple fact of life for actresses, and the same doesn't apply to male actors. It's a sad fact of life, but it is what is.

I don't know about what society says about women and I don't know if I agree with your sentiment...but I was in the military. I understand sexism better than most.
I read your post.

Yeah. I can't sing Amy's praises enough. I would say Cavill's Superman is either on par with Reeve's or just a notch below it. But Amy is the BEST Lois Lane I have ever seen. I loved Kidder and even Hatcher and Durance had their moments, but Amy leaves them all in the dust, IMO.

Kidder gets no respect these days,it seems,but she's still my favorite.

Amy comes second,though.(Not surprisingly she was a big fan of the Kidder/Reeve films.)

It's sad, but Kidder was an excellent Lois. I think she gets a lot of hate because she's not classically attractive, but she wasn't really a bad looking woman.

You know, just because someone brings up Amy's age, it doesn't mean they're attacking her. Context is key.
:up:
You're nicer to Bosworth than most. I don't even rank her. Not worthy.:oldrazz:

I didn't mind Bosworth either.
I'm one of the few people who actually likes SR, so that shouldn't surprise you. :oldrazz:

Honestly, I think people are way too hard on that movie. It doesn't take a lot of thought, I don't think, to understand where some of the characters were coming from, even if you don't agree with their actions. That movie presented a very flawed, very human Superman, and I appreciated that, even if the execution wasn't the best.

Yes! Seriously, SR is a good movie. Not a great one, but a good one.

tumblr_mzmpu4gEiw1rdnxx8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzmop0UDGq1rtcmhio1_400.jpg

*Crude comment removed*

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I think SR was a nice throwback. It has a lot of flaws but also a lot a sincerity to it. Was there too little action? Yes?

Was there too much romance? Yes?

Should Superman have left home and the Jason fiasco happen? No.

But Kevin Spacey did a reasonably good Luthor, Routh gave a heartfelt performance to an underwritten character, and the film itself has a good supporting cast. And the John Williams theme was nice to hear.

Good pints ISS.

WB may be idiots at times but in no way they will replace a multi award winning, multi Academy nominated actress just because she's hit a certain age.

Consider why studios recast. Actual reasons not the is age bullcrap.

1- The actor has had a major falling out with director/producer/crew. Now has there been any indication Amy doesn't get on with anyone in the cast or crew? Does Amy come of as biatch to anyone off screen?

2- The actor walks away. Not very likely. Amy fought tooth and nail for the role and she auditioned twice before she got MOS. In McG failed project and SR. She loves Lois Lane so the moment she gets it she's going to walk away? Nah don't think so.

I can't think of any other reasons at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad, but Kidder was an excellent Lois. I think she gets a lot of hate because she's not classically attractive, but she wasn't really a bad looking woman.

Yeah,she was actually pretty attractive in the first movie (well,also the Donner scenes of the second movie,as well) I'm not sure what happened in her personal life,to make her looks fall off like they did.

Yeah,she was actually pretty attractive in the first movie (well,also the Donner scenes of the second movie,as well) I'm not sure what happened in her personal life,to make her looks fall off like they did.
She had a lot of personal tragedies involving mental illness, but she really should be applauded. She bounced back and I think is still actively working today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"