Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why i never understood the complaints imo both amy and henry can pass off as early 30's

She's too old if you think most journalists are 22 years old. Lois beinng in her 30's makes perfect sense.

Also not that I care if she does but I don't think she is playing her age anyway. Shocking I know but actors sometimes play younger and older than they are!!! Stop the presses everyone!
How do you know this!?!?!? Tell me your sources. :argh:

:o

She's too old if you think most journalists are 22 years old. Lois beinng in her 30's makes perfect sense.

Also not that I care if she does but I don't think she is playing her age anyway. Shocking I know but actors sometimes play younger and older than they are!!! Stop the presses everyone!

Precisely, besides, would it really be a bad thing if she is playing her age while Cavill plays a Superman/Clark who is a few years younger? In practically every version of Superman's origin, Lois is portrayed as a veteran reporter whereas Clark is a relative rookie who has just made the big leagues in getting hired at the Planet. Common sense would dictate that the veteran is probably at least a couple years older than rookie.

However, to be fair, I have to admit I have some minor concerns about her age in sequels. Different people can age very differently and the gap in apparent age between Henry and Amy could either increase or decrease greatly in the future. But then again, they could portray the former as the result of Superman's extreme longevity compared to Lois's mortality. So it's not even close to a big deal.

She's about the same age as Paltrow who's going on her fourth stint as Pepper Potts.

gasp

You mean Andrew Garfield and Tobey Mcguire weren't really high school aged when they played Peter Parker? :wow:

gasp

You mean Andrew Garfield and Tobey Mcguire weren't really high school aged when they played Peter Parker? :wow:

Yep,I was amazed too,I thought they were about 17 or 18 in their years,then I checked on the googles and found that Garfield was 36 and Tobeys MaGuires was 49. Thwip me!

I joke:cwink:

Some guys just don't age. There's medicine you can take for that but they just choose no to.

Hasn't Lois always (okay, almost always) been a bit older than Clark anyway?

gasp

The Karate Kid was what???? 28 when he started the Karate Kid franchise.....

Anyone see these new set photos of Amy Adams and Christian Bale for some new David O. Russell film

1788688.JPG

1788701.JPG

So what!? Amy can dye her hair for this, but not for Lois?!!

Anyone see these new set photos of Amy Adams and Christian Bale for some new David O. Russell film

1788688.JPG

1788701.JPG

I was never too annoyed with Amy being a red head in MoS, but now, after seeing how good she looks with that colour... Yeah, that *****s me.

And Bale. My god, the man is as dedicated as ever.

So now Lois Lane has been in films with Batman before and after she met Superman?lol

1788688.JPG

1788701.JPG

Now that looks more like Lois, and boy Bale looks good with a beard

Another Oscar for Bale? Russel seems to bring the best out of him.

Amy's the youngest 39 year old ever.

^ Ironically, I like the showercap photo the best. Makes her look like a college student :oldrazz:

Amy needs that hair color for MOS 2.
Dear god, she looks absolutely ravishing.

thats why i never understood the complaints imo both amy and henry can pass off as early 30's

I've been a fan of Henry for years from The Tudors and I was stunned a few years back to learn that he was my age because I always assumed he was older than I was. I've always thought he comes off more mature. That's not a bad thing at all. I just think he looks and acts older than he is.

On The Tudors (which to me is without question his best role to date where you could really see his skill) he played Charles Brandon convincingly through many decades of the character's life and he was arguably most compelling in the role in the 3rd and 4th seasons when Brandon was supposed to be a much older man.

Even in the 1st season, Henry's character was married to Princess Margaret who was played by Gabrielle Anwar who was 13 years Henry's senior. I never had any clue that there was an age difference between them. They had stellar chemistry. Henry was only in his early 20's at the time and Anwar was in her late 30's. But he just has a very mature presence and look (which has increased even more over the last 5-6 years) and he passes more much older than he is.

Whereas, on the contrary, I think one of the reasons Tom Welling got away with playing Clark Kent as a much younger man for so long (Tom Welling is going to be 36 years old this April ) is because Tom has a very young face. Now, he's built like a tank. Welling is like 6'4'' and his BODY is very much that of a man. But he has a beautiful baby face. Tom and Henry are both beautiful men. And they resemble each other in some ways. But, to me, Tom has always looked much younger and Cavill has always looked older. This is not a bad thing at all. Tom's youthful face worked very well for the age that Clark was supposed to be on Smallville.

I had the exact opposite experience with Amy Adams. I always assumed she was my age because I was really, really into the Enchanted movie when that came out a few years back. I love Disney and that movie was on my MUST list. Plus, I was already a fan of hers from Junebug and from Drop Dead Gorgeous at the time and Catch Me if You Can. I saw Disney Princess and assumed the actress was really young because Amy just gives off that very young vibe. I was shocked when I learned she was in her later 30's. I had no idea.

Either way, if Andrew Garfield can play 18 year old Peter Parker at age 30 and Robert Downey Jr. can continue to kick ass as Iron Man pushing 50 then I really don't think we should hold women to different standards.

The truth is that there is an age difference between almost every single other superhero property out there it's just that the age difference is REVERSED and the man is older. Unfortunately, we still live in a culture where it's totally acceptable for a 22 year old girl to play opposite a 38 year old guy and no one blinks an eye but if you make the woman older? It's a thing. And that's just dissapointing and unfortunate. We call ourselves a progressive culture but when it comes to gender in entertainment we aren't so progressive. This kind of sexist ageism still runs rampant.

If anything, I'm so happy to see a woman like Amy Adams in a role like this with a slightly younger co-star. THANK GOD. Finally, something to break the mold and challenge that stereotype about men and women. I think it's fantastic.

Amy needs that hair color for MOS 2.
Dear god, she looks absolutely ravishing.

The hair color has never really bothered me because I'm a pretty firm believer that Lois truly can look like any woman which is sort of the point of her. I think she's one of the few female characters in a sea of female characters who isn't defined by her looks first and foremost but more by her job and her personality. I think that's rare and very cool. So I'd really be fine with any woman of any coloring or race playing Lois because I just think....she's the embodiment of what's inside and not what's on the outside in a really shallow world.

I really think that part of the reason why they chose to keep Amy's hair red in this instance is, in part, due to Superman Returns. I think they were really trying to establish that this was not Superman Returns. I also think that if they were reading 90's era comics in preparation for the fillm (and Henry has told us that he read Death and Return of Superman which means others might have also used 90's comics) then they may have thought it might be nice to keep the red hair.

If Amy wants to dye her hair for the sequel, that's fine with me. If they decide to keep it red, that's fine with me too. I think she's beautiful either way. I'm not going to be judging her performance based on the color of her hair anymore than I would judge a performance based on the color of someone's skin.

1788688.JPG

1788701.JPG

Well, for starters, Amy is playing a real life person in this movie. Not a fictional character.

Of course, Lois Lane was based on a real life woman too. Her name was Joanne Siegel. And she had red hair for most of her life. So..:)

Dear god do I love your back to back postings Audrey! Wonderfully said and those words warm my snarky heart.

And I always thought Adams was really pretty. Everyone who doesn't think that is entitled to that opinion but I always did.

And more importantly she is a fantastic actress. I was watching some of The Fighter the other night and next to Bale's her performance was the best IMHO. Can't wait to see her and Bale together again and can't wait to see her bring Lois to life.

The hair color has never really bothered me because I'm a pretty firm believer that Lois truly can look like any woman which is sort of the point of her. I think she's one of the few female characters in a sea of female characters who isn't defined by her looks first and foremost but more by her job and her personality. I think that's rare and very cool. So I'd really be fine with any woman of any coloring or race playing Lois because I just think....she's the embodiment of what's inside and not what's on the outside in a really shallow world.

I really think that part of the reason why they chose to keep Amy's hair red in this instance is, in part, due to Superman Returns. I think they were really trying to establish that this was not Superman Returns. I also think that if they were reading 90's era comics in preparation for the fillm (and Henry has told us that he read Death and Return of Superman which means others might have also used 90's comics) then they may have thought it might be nice to keep the red hair.

If Amy wants to dye her hair for the sequel, that's fine with me. If they decide to keep it red, that's fine with me too. I think she's beautiful either way. I'm not going to be judging her performance based on the color of her hair anymore than I would judge a performance based on the color of someone's skin.
I really don't mind Amy's hair color at all for MOS. Red hair fits Lois's personality anyway lol.
I was a little meh about Amy not coloring her hair for the role at first, which was admittedly very foolish of me. Because the more i thought about it, the more i'm glad they didn't ask her to dye her hair brown/black. I'm all for changing things up, and Lois has been a red head before in the comics.
While i'm excited for the film overall, i think i am most excited to see Amy as Lois, because i feel Amy is the first actress in a long time who can really give a hell of a performance as the feisty reporter we all know and love. Great casting choice, and i love how she's been trying to land the role in the past.

I, for one, love the fact that Amy Adams is actually older. The character being older than Clark is fine by me too. They did that on Smallville (and Earth One I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"