Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Indeed. There was never any concern from my end.

2. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

Lois standing front protecting the young superman. Every successful woman has a superman standing behind.

3. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

I'm guessing she gets 'on his trail' while in Smallville around the time of the tornado, and follows him to Alaska. Man, she is good!

4. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Plus, this is a great way of changing up the status quo that most mediums have presented Lois only having met or gone on Clark's trail when he debuted as Superman in Metropolis.

I'm hoping that this may add possible and further credence to the belief that she might learn his secret in this film.

5. hopefuldreamer

I'm pretty sure she does. I've made my peace with it anyway.

I am still holding my belief that the scene where he puts the glasses on in the elevator (that we believe follows him cycling around metropolis with no glasses) is BEFORE Superman makes his debut. Because I just don't think he'd be riding around Metropolis with no disguise after the whole world has seen his face in the suit.

But I have no idea whether he and Lois meet before that. Or whether she suggests he work there in the first place. Or whether he goes there on his own and she figures him out despite the glasses. Or whether they fool her for a bit, and she figures it out later...

I really really wish I could have just this one spoiler to figure it all out :hehe:

6. herolee10

lol; well here's to hoping for both of are viewing pleasures that they don't pull a Thor on Superman and Lois when it comes to having them developing feelings within an unrealistic pace and time frame.

7. Smallville13

Smallville13 Well-Known Member

Hmm. The chronology is confusing. I'm thinking the oil rig fire brings Clark out of hiding for her and she is tracking him down, perhaps showing the photo asking for people to identify the man/ask if they've seen him. She does find Clark and convinces him that he doesn't have to hide and offers him a position at the DP. Perhaps Clark had perhaps already found his Scout ship/Fortress (notice he just has a stubble in this scene, as opposed to the fuller beard on the oil rig) and had rejected Jor-Els 'destiny' (boo) because Jonathan Kent basically told him the opposite: not to meddle with human nature and progression, but Lois changes his mind (the 'my father believed that if the world ever...' is surely being told from Clark to Lois). So he goes to the Fortress again. This time emerging as Superman. He flies to Smallville where he embraces Martha Kent. Following that we get the introduction to Metropolis as he bikes through the city streets to the DP, where we meet Perry White and Jenny Olsen :p. So I wonder what the first big Superman outing to the world will be then? The Met subway scene? Vs Zod in Smallville?

I'm actually pretty happy with that order of events. I'd almost put bets on it.

8. herolee10

Which would then lead to the bigger question, how did she get that photo of Clark and what makes her think that Clark is the person responsible for the exploits that she possibly hears about to begin with?lol

9. Smallville13

My guess. Well we know Amy was onset in Illinois. And we saw in the comic-con trailer that she appears to be facing the tornado with all the wind. I think Clark must save her during this scene. And she must manage to capture a photo of him too or find one with him she identifies.

10. herolee10

To be honest, I think that clip of her in the Comic Con trailer that you just mentioned takes place in the Black Zero ship. I looked at the clip closely and it really does appear as though Faora is standing behind her (at her left) since the armor vest that Faora wears is visible.

11. Smallville13

Wow you might be right. I never noticed that. The CC footage is so blurry I guess since that shot follows Clark looking at the tornado I always just associated the two.

12. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

She should be standing behind him wrapping him up in her cape. :o

13. Glassjaw

Glassjaw In training

Well I think that makes it time to watch the CC trailer again :word:

14. hopefuldreamer

TBH, i'm making my peace with that too.

Reminds me of this old description I knocked up for a teaser trailer:

15. Zorex

Zorex I'm 100% 50/50

Hopefully others appreciate this. I recently remembered a Superman comic (80-Page Giant vol 1, #2, June 1999) that had a nice story called "From Krypton with Love," which was a Lois-POV rumination on her and Clark's relationship. Written by Mark Millar, it has this great page that, I think, is a wonderful summation of the "why" of Lois's love for Superman.

It's really the last line that speaks to me, and, I feel, gets the essence their classic love story. Personally, I'm hoping the writers & Amy feel the same and have approached Lois and her feelings toward Superman in a similar way.

16. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

^That is freakin awesome.

17. hopefuldreamer

18. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I don't like it. The "I finally found a man who can keep up with me" seems a bit haughty and self-centered. Love is about self-giving to each other, not about one person keeping up with the other person.

19. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I'm a bit of a haughty and self-centered chick.

Lets face it even with all of the progress that has been made women are still expected to be kinda subservient to men almost everywhere to varying degress. I would agree with you in theory if the gender thing wasn't so messed up. Women almost always have to push back hard or they risk being undermined.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  20. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I love that excuse for being insufferable.

21. hopefuldreamer

I think you have to read into what she's actually saying.

She'd been dating a bunch of rich and powerful guys - guys who you would assume attempted to flaunt their power and intelligence in order to 'woo' her.

Of course that brought out the fight in her. Of course it made her determined to show them up, prove herself their better.

But Superman came along, and all he did was respect her. He didn't show off, there was no air of arrogance or importance.

Like she said, the idea of mutual respect between a man and a woman had been an alien concept to her.

But she DOES respect him. More than she did any man before he came along.

When she says she 'finally found a man who could keep up with me', what she means is she finally found a man she would allow herself to give that compliment too. Because he earned it.

22. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

23. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Still seems self-centered and haughty. He earned it? How did she earn his devotion?

I think at best it is a badly written line that conveys something other than what it should.

24. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

What if the oil rig is Clark's first public act of heroism after the tornado, someone snaps a picture of him, and Lois goes to Alaska to find this bearded strongman?

25. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

I always thought haughty and self-centered with a heart of gold beneath was the essence of Lois's character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.