Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that Lois was saying goodbye to Superman, thinking that he might die, before he heads off to take care of Black Zero.

I'll do the same with one of my previous posts as well.lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MrMaooz

MrMaooz Well-Known Member

No problem.

3. MrMaooz

So you think they'll kiss passionately in front of Perry and Jenny?:yay:

4. herolee10

I'm thinking that the picture that I quoted above is probably her looking at him while he's taking off and that when they do have their kiss (which is probably before that moment in the picture above) it's when they have that moment to themselves. If Perry or Jenny sees it, they'll probably give them some room, like how Gordon did for Batman and Selina.lol

5. MrMaooz

Or maybe Perry and Jenny join in on the fun and share their own kiss.

6. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

:lmao:

7. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

“I guess they’re all suckers.” :oldrazz:

8. bizarroelaine

bizarroelaine Well-Known Member

It looks like lois has been crying, the red eyes and running mascara, plus I swear I see a tear on her left cheek lol

9. DKDetective

DKDetective Problem Eliminator

Interesting, just realized that the background in this shot is indeed confirmation that Lois is aboard the transport aircraft and that Faora tosses her out the cargo hatch.

10. Stephen K. Hone

Stephen K. Hone Well-Known Member

Well she is wearing the flight suit from the "almost kiss" scene in that shot, so you might be right. BTW. look at the carnage behind them! Awesome.I might be slow, but I just noticed that where they are floating together, is not from the same scene as the "almost kiss"

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  11. herolee10

[​IMG]

I wish that I could figure out the context of this picture. If some theories prove out to be right, this picture would imply that Clark and Lois know each other for some time before he even dons the suit in the battle of Smallville.

Heck, I'd like to think that they've known each other for longer than 3 days (ala Thor).lol

12. Stephen K. Hone

Stephen K. Hone Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that would be great if they have known each other for a good amount of time. Perhaps Clark is an intern at the Planet in one of his many jobs??

13. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

It sort of looks like she isn't even aware of his presence though. I don't know..

14. Audrey

Audrey Well-Known Member

Some really interesting convo going on concerning people's hopes for Lois and Uhura's treatment in Star Trek into Darkness.

I actually am going to defend Uhura here for a minute though. Let me be clear: I do think she was underused and I was frustrated that she didn't have a more active role in the later half of the movie. I did love the scene though when she went out to try and make peace in Klingon. I thought that was a very brave thing to do and really showed her educated she is compared to someone like Kirk who is intensely brave but doesn't always have the same knowledge that Uhura does.

I think the tough thing about the Star Trek franchise is that, unlike the Superman mythos, the central relationship in the narrative is NOT a narrative between a woman and a man....it's a relationship between two MEN. Kirk and Spock are, essentially, the Superman and Lois Lane of Star Trek. It's their "love" story that drives the whole mythos. And I think that gets really tricky because, for understandable reasons, writers want to focus on that bond and give it the attention it has earned and yet, that also means that we don't get the focus on the other supporting players as much as we would sometimes like. But I thought the movie did a good job of showing that Uhura was an important emotional piece NOT just to Spock but also to Kirk. I think Kirk relied on her a great deal and he sought her out several times to open up and share his emotions.

Iron Man is another touch nut to crack because, on the one hand, I know people were thrilled to see Pepper Potts have her moment to shine in the 3rd movie. I think people enjoyed that and it was well done. But again, so much about the Iron Man franchise has become (as many have said) the Robert Downey Jr. show. HIs one liners, his sarcasm, his persona is the central draw of the franchise. It's a good and a bad thing. Pepper had some great moments in the films but I did often feel like I wasn't hearing her POV and seeing what drove HER as much as we probably should have. Which is not to say that she wasn't great but so much of it never came from her POV. Even in the 3rd film there was a part of me that felt like they gave her the final punch as a cheat bc they didn't spend enough time showing us her POV. It didn't mean I didn't like it but it felt like they were taking the easy road.

Which brings me to Lois. My biggest hope for Lois in this franchise is that who Lois is MATTERS to the narrative. It's really as simple as that. I don't think romantic relationships detract from a woman's strength or empowerment in a story so long as the woman in question is an individual with her own motivations and own story.

Smallville was successful with Lois Lane (when they were un-successful with other things) in part because Lois had a real STORY of her own. Yes, she and Clark were (spoiler hahaha) rivals and friends and then romantically involved and then married. But you always knew where Lois was coming from as a woman. If she helped Clark, you understood WHY and what it meant to HER.

Sometimes it really doesn't matter how many people a woman punches or shoots in a movie. It's really more than that. Bc you can have a female character who "saves" the day and yet she might still be really underdeveloped. So what I'm looking for is seeing who Lois is as a woman. What do we learn about her as a person? Does she have flaws? Little ticks? Little personality bits where we learn alot about her? There are little details that give me hope that we might get this. (Learning that her apartment is "messy" is one of them---that's a character bit that tell us something about her as a person.) I just want her to be a fleshed out, flawed person.

15. DKDetective

DKDetective Problem Eliminator

Technically, Audrey, Star Trek was about the relationship between THREE MEN, Kirk, Spock and McCoy, and the different impulses and parts of the human psyche that each represents. However, I do agree that Lois is a different situation. Lois and Clark's relationship at its core is a romantic one and, therefore, it is natural and right for much of Lois's role in the story to be about how she affects Superman on an emotional level.

What bugs me about Uhura's portrayal is that Star Trek is the story of a ship and its crew. The characters' value and worth comes from their different skills and abilities as members of that crew. Uhura is a communications officer, there is no good reason for her to be on the shuttle with Spock when he is going into the volcano or for Kirk to bring her along on the away mission to Kronos. Where another character with special professional skills should have gone along to aid in the success of the mission, instead we get Uhura because she is Spock's girlfriend and her involvement adds interpersonal drama. If anything, Sulu should have taken her place on Kronos because of his expert piloting skills. The big set-piece chase with the Klingons could have been a great character moment for him. That is what is problematic about her role in the film.

Star Trek is not really about private personal relationships between the characters but about their professional relationships and how this diverse, multicultural group of people overcome their differences to work together and how each one contributes something of value. That is why the favour and importance she receives as a character due to her relationship with Spock is troubling and offensive to me. How would you feel if your boss kept giving a co-worker all the important assignments and plum opportunities because he or she was in a relationship with the second highest person in the power structure and a personal friend?

16. RussiaNet

RussiaNet Well-Known Member

Amy Adams and Tom Welling
    Clois of a different kind:hrt:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

Superman's expression in this gif is just...gah, so intense! :hrt:

18. MrMaooz

It seems like he's also saying something.

19. Andreth

Andreth Well-Known Member

I thought his facial expression was was intense too and then I realized he has his hand on the back of her neck and damn, it got even more intense :awesome:

20. Rust

Rust First Son Of Yesterday

I wanna be both of them... :dry:

What's going on in the back? Looks like a tidal wave.

21. MrMaooz

Everything's intense!

22. MrMaooz

Destruction of Metropolis.

23. Andreth

Andreth Well-Known Member

those are actually two scenes , in the one they're hovering you can see the crash of Lois' escape pod on the ground. And in the scene where their noses are touching the background is the destruction of Metropolis.

24. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

And Lois is wearing different clothes.

25. ClarklovesLois

ClarklovesLois Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.