Supergirl Amy Jackson IS Saturn Girl

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
I thought we needed a thread for Amy Jackson as Saturn Girl to discuss her character and costume and anything else related to the Legion.

17.jpg

Amy.jpg

I wonder if she'll ever get the blonde hair. Or are they reserving that for Supergirl?

What would make her suddenly get blonde hair? and why would she?

Or are they reserving [blonde hair] for Supergirl?

Maybe the producers noticed that they had (unintentionally) accumulated a fair number of blonde haired, super-powered characters. :word: So for the sake of visual variety, it was an easy call to go with a brunette Saturn Girl (who’s reasonably unknown anyway).

What would make her suddenly get blonde hair? and why would she?

Well she had it in the comics. They've gone for a completely different look for her for this show.

Maybe the producers noticed that they had (unintentionally) accumulated a fair number of blonde haired, super-powered characters. :word: So for the sake of visual variety, it was an easy call to go with a brunette Saturn Girl (who’s reasonably unknown anyway).

That's what I thought.

Well she had it in the comics. They've gone for a completely different look for her for this show.

That's what I thought.

Um......Mon-el???????? he is nothing like his comic book persona either.

It is going to happen, people not looking exactly like their comic personas, and I think Amy Jackson with blonde hair would look like Jessica Alba as Sue Storm in the 2nd Fantastic Four movie, which would be scary as hell to watch.

I was surprised to read she's played mostly in Bollywood movies. I didn't know she had an Indian background.

She has a northern English accent.

7uaQHfI.jpg

MriJAsI.jpg

pMMd8cU.jpg

Um......Mon-el???????? he is nothing like his comic book persona either.

It is going to happen, people not looking exactly like their comic personas, and I think Amy Jackson with blonde hair would look like Jessica Alba as Sue Storm in the 2nd Fantastic Four movie, which would be scary as hell to watch.

Alba with blonde hair is okay. It's just when they tried to bleach her skin or something to make her more like Evans. She's looked fine with blonde highlights.

I don't think Amy Jackson would've looked quite like Alba though. Even Melissa Benoist had dark hair to start with, as did Helen Slater. But I do like Amy as a brunette so I'm fine with how she is.

Last edited:
Just like how Buffy was the only one in the cast allowed to be blonde for the first few years, I think they want Kara to be the only blonde hero in the cast. Though it wouldve made sense to have her blonde and go with the whole "Mon-El say Kara in her and thats what attracted him to her"

I was surprised to read she's played mostly in Bollywood movies. I didn't know she had an Indian background.

She has a northern English accent.

Amy-Jackson-Feet-3080137.jpg

Amy-Jackson-Feet-2593361.jpg

Amy-Jackson-Feet-2593349.jpg

Alba with blonde hair is okay. It's just when they tried to bleach her skin or something to make her more like Evans. She's looked fine with blonde highlights.

I don't think Amy Jackson would've looked quite like Alba though. Even Melissa Benoist had dark hair to start with, as did Helen Slater. But I do like Amy as a brunette so I'm fine with how she is.

It's not the hair color as much as it is the skin tone of the person. Alba and Jackson have the same skin tone....Benoist and Slater do not. Their skin tone lends itself to lighter hair color, Jackson and Alba's does not. Alba with honey blonde hair was fine, but with platinum blonde hair was just no no. So, Jackson with the hair color of what is in the comics would have looked horrid. Why go that drastic, or even a little lighter if you are only going to be on for a few episodes? So, I'm glad they simply kept her hair as is, rather than go with a blonde wig....that hasn't gone so well on this series. This season is the lightest that Melissa has kept her hair for the entire season. It was much darker in the 1st and 2nd season....this season, they have kept it much lighter.

IMO, if the person is only going to be on for a portion of the season, no need to fry their hair with peroxide.

Also, they did nothing to Alba's skin in the 2nd movie, they used a platinum blonde wig rather than using the honey blonde lightening of her hair of the first movie. Nothing was done to her skin which was why the platinum blonde with her skin tone looked ridiculous. There is no way Alba would have allowed them to bleach her skin....she fought them on her hair which was why they went with the wig for the 2nd movie. She had to cut her hair after the first movie to remove the damage. Melissa has enough red/auburn in her hair that simply lightening it and not bleaching her entire head of hair has kept her hair in good shape. If Jackson colors her hair to get the color she has now, which she may very well do....bleaching it anymore would damage her hair.

So, why take that chance for a few scenes in a few episodes of a TV series, when your real money comes from product advertisement in your home country? She would be stupid to do that....

Last edited:

She doesn't have an Indian background. They just thought she was pretty, not to mention that being white is very popular, and thats where she was getting majority of her roles.

She has a very Bollywood look however which garners her lucrative ad deals....some of which she has been filming while filming Supergirl. She has been getting a lot of frequent flyer miles lately.

I get that the costuming budget goes most into Legends of Tomorrow, but I'm assuming she looks like Mileena because the future has been ravaged?

Just like how Buffy was the only one in the cast allowed to be blonde for the first few years, I think they want Kara to be the only blonde hero in the cast. Though it wouldve made sense to have her blonde and go with the whole "Mon-El say Kara in her and thats what attracted him to her"

I think that's a big part of it.

It's not the hair color as much as it is the skin tone of the person. Alba and Jackson have the same skin tone....Benoist and Slater do not. Their skin tone lends itself to lighter hair color, Jackson and Alba's does not. Alba with honey blonde hair was fine, but with platinum blonde hair was just no no. So, Jackson with the hair color of what is in the comics would have looked horrid. Why go that drastic, or even a little lighter if you are only going to be on for a few episodes? So, I'm glad they simply kept her hair as is, rather than go with a blonde wig....that hasn't gone so well on this series. This season is the lightest that Melissa has kept her hair for the entire season. It was much darker in the 1st and 2nd season....this season, they have kept it much lighter.

IMO, if the person is only going to be on for a portion of the season, no need to fry their hair with peroxide.

Also, they did nothing to Alba's skin in the 2nd movie, they used a platinum blonde wig rather than using the honey blonde lightening of her hair of the first movie. Nothing was done to her skin which was why the platinum blonde with her skin tone looked ridiculous. There is no way Alba would have allowed them to bleach her skin....she fought them on her hair which was why they went with the wig for the 2nd movie. She had to cut her hair after the first movie to remove the damage. Melissa has enough red/auburn in her hair that simply lightening it and not bleaching her entire head of hair has kept her hair in good shape. If Jackson colors her hair to get the color she has now, which she may very well do....bleaching it anymore would damage her hair.

So, why take that chance for a few scenes in a few episodes of a TV series, when your real money comes from product advertisement in your home country? She would be stupid to do that....

I thought Alba looked fine with the honey blonde hair. She was like that for other movies such as Into the Blue and I'm pretty sure another one too. I don't know why she had to have a platinum wig when even a honey blonde wig would've been fine.

She doesn't have an Indian background. They just thought she was pretty, not to mention that being white is very popular, and thats where she was getting majority of her roles.

She has a very Bollywood look however which garners her lucrative ad deals....some of which she has been filming while filming Supergirl. She has been getting a lot of frequent flyer miles lately.

I don't know if she has a Bollywood look as such. She kind of reminds me of Miranda Kerr sometimes.

I don't know if that's worse for someone to take. If I liked a girl but she went for someone who looked similar to me but wasn't me, then I would almost find that a slap in the face. I'd prefer they went for someone completely different. When it's someone who looks like you but isn't you, it might just rub it in more.

Last edited:
Are you reading my posts DR? I never said she (Alba) didn't look good with the honey blonde hair. I'm not talking about the first movie, I'm talking how even doing the honey blonde damaged her hair and she had to cut it off.....she wasn't going to do that again in the 2nd movie so they went with a platinum blonde wig which with her skin tone, which is much like Jackson's looked terrible.

Why did she (Alba) not go with a honey blonde wig? BECAUSE FANBOYS GRIPED ABOUT THE COLOR OF HER HAIR IN THE FIRST MOVIE AND WANTED IT LIKE THE COMICS FOR THE 2ND MOVIE. ;)

YSjpSRw.jpg

vztc3Ij.jpg

kiflaXi.jpg

JiDUteh.jpg

I wonder if Melissa found it weird watching Amy kissing Chris Wood right in front of her when Melissa and Wood are a couple in real life.

Last edited:
I get that the costuming budget goes most into Legends of Tomorrow, but I'm assuming she looks like Mileena because the future has been ravaged?

Nah they just arent that great with costuming.

I wonder if Melissa found it weird watching Amy kissing Chris Wood right in front of her when Melissa and Wood are a couple in real life.

I dont think she really minds since she knows what acting calls for but it probably does help when it calls for Kara to be angsty.

If it were just her and Amy and Chris, this yes it would....but since there are probably no less than about 40 other people there, probably not.

And if I had my guess, they probably all had an extra amount of fun with it. OR.....she wasn't there at all, because she is pretty much on the run from set to set according to Kevin Smith. The scene is a cut away, they aren't actually on screen at the same time when they kiss. Who knows these days in TV.

I think they were already together when they filmed the musical crossover where "Tommy" kissed "Millie" so it's nothing new. :cwink: Just another day at the office, I reckon.

Nah they just arent that great with costuming.

Yeah, but they at least tried with other looks. Last I've seen of Saturn Girl, she reminded me of Starfire. Or even on Smallville, the LoSH trio were pretty much Power Rangers in casual gear.

I have so little attention invested in the Legion that honestly it doesn't matter to me what they are wearing. Mon-el and Imra look fine. And if that is Mon-el's final look...then they just need to not call him Valor or anything, he just stays Mon-el leader of the Legion of Superheroes and he keeps his black jeans and leather jacket and goes back to the future with Imra to live happily ever after. Done...... ;)

Amy will be taking over the CW or Supergirls instagrams tomorrow.

Why is that? Is it a publicity stunt thing or as a joke? What will she post instead?

It's just a thing they do nowadays. Rick Gonzalez (Rene/Wild Dog) took over the Arrow instagram before. Im pretty sure Mehcad has taken over Supergirls before. Just an easy and cheap way to "promote" the show/episode.

She is more of a Tamil movie actor than a Hindi movie actor (Bollywood) although she has done a couple of Hindi movies.

And.. yes. she does look like a fairer version of an Indian, could be why they cast her. If she has a steady stream of work from there, going blonde for a guest character in Supergirl may not be the best way to go.

nwNtbLD.jpg

Qf16i8b.jpg

Amy-Jackson-Feet-2593364.jpg

Last edited:
So what are Saturn Girl's powers meant to be in this show? She didn't seem to do too much in her fight with Reign. I thought she'd have a better display of powers rather than throwing weights.

j5n94c3.jpg

O1YiANL.jpg

aohXOSY.jpg

She also seemed to be defeated by Reign pretty easily. I was hoping she'd hold her own a bit longer and not just be tossed aside to make way for Supergirl. At least she and Mon-El should've put up more of a fight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"