And the [Police] hits just keep on coming:

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by carrrnuttt, Feb 13, 2008.

1. carrrnuttt Registered

Sorry to seem like the bearer of bad LEO news lately. To tell you the truth, I used to be a Corrections Officer who was looking to get into the local Police Academy, but opted for college instead (and thankful for that).

I'm just clarifying that I am not an LEO hater.

Anyhow, I saw this video, and I felt it was too crazy not to share:

[YT]UAGb7_g4Aso[/YT]

2. chaseter Esteemed Member

No way....

3. Apollo Registered

poor fella..

4. WalterKovacs Registered

This is apalling.

It reminds me of Duah Khali

5. Ghostvirus Registered

6. bullets bang bang

Wtf??? He just got dumped from his wheel chair like it was nothing , I don't understand that.

7. StorminNorman Registered

To be fair:

He doesn't look surprised - so he was probably told and warned when it happened.

We have no idea how dangerous the guy was, or at least charged to be.

The only way to be able to frisk a paraplegic is to get him out of the wheelchair.

I am not defending the cops, necessarily - but A LOT of video's that look bad aren't nearly as such in real life. The Florida Bootcamp scandal is an example of that.

Yes, it looks bad, but there is always two sides to a story.

8. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Yeah, this was on the news Stormin so I'm going to rebute all your points. He was arrested for a traffic violation, he told them he was a "qaudrapalegic" he has no feeling or movement from his chest down, and the officer tipped him over because she didn't believe him. So how about them for facts? Also, that officer has been suspended, without pay and 3 of her supervisors have also been suspended with pay.

Anything else?

9. StorminNorman Registered

Well with those facts than I have to say everyone involved is guilty as hell.

I stand by my statement though that a lot of time people are jumped on when the story is not fully known. Again, like the Bootcamp "scandal".

10. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

I know the story, and now you know.

11. StorminNorman Registered

And knowledge is power!

12. R0rschach Registered

Wow thank god I wasn't there, I would have probably got shot.
    This shyte makes me angry.

13. William_C StylelessKnave

This story was on CNN this morning. The man who was tossed from his seat was there, and the officers were invited to be interviewed and they declined. It was pretty sad to watch.

14. PemLam Let the butthurt flow!

Shameful and hopefully they'll receive their just due...but this is not indicative of the VAST majority of police officers throughout the country.

15. GuardianofOa Registered

That makes me sick. Regardless of "two sides to a story" it's just plain wrong. My sister is handicapped and if I ever saw someone do that to her I swear to god they'd be regretting their life choices.

16. millennium movies Registered

Maybe not appropriate but since it has somewhat to do with cops and i found this hilarious i'll post this:

17. Figs Registered

My first thoughts while watching it.

My guess, the guy in the wheelchair(obviously brought in for doing something) is being a smartass and not cooperating.

I don't think a cop would do that in front of cameras he knows are there if it wasn't for a decent reason.

But then Darthphere posts that and that's the proof of what really went down.

18. Nirvana Slowly Losing My Mind

I'm from this county...further proof of why I hate cops so much

19. amazingfantasy15 Registered

That's pretty funny

20. Superman The Man Of Steel (Is #1)

I don't care what the guy did, He could have shot somebody, And that still wouldn't give the cop the right to dump a paraplegic person in a wheelchair out onto the floor like that.

My wife is in a wheelchair and if anyone, even a cop, dumped her out onto the floor like that, I'd be the one going to jail for beating the crap out of them.:cmad:

21. Nirvana Slowly Losing My Mind

Jesus, that is totally uncalled for. He has no right to touch that kid at all. Ugh, I f***ing hate cops. So useless. He wasn't a cop any ways, more like a rent-a-cop.

22. hammy American Ham

I know not all cops are like this, but it does seem that there are too many like them. I think it's too easy to be a cop. Plus, you don't have to be too smart. Obviously. :dry:

23. bullets bang bang

I don't think it's beacuse they aren't smart. I believe they simply can't handle situations when it comes to dealing with people . There are better ways of handling the situation . However alot of Police officers think they have the right to do whatever they want and have no patience .

24. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Damn, that dude is so getting fired. I mean, there's no way he can't be at this point.

25. hammy American Ham

I saw the vid of the female cop dumping the quadapeligic out of his chair on youtube and someone commented that it wasn't about the cops themselves, it was about the training. But someone else commented that it shouldn't take 'training' to know not to dump a disabled person out of a wheelchair. I agree. It's not only outrageous, it's just plain stupid. And right in front of your own security camera! And now look at the trouble she's in (rightly). As for the guy yelling at the kid, that's stupid too. Losing it because a kid refers to you as dude? That's what kids do. Plus, he could have called his fat ass a lot worse.

I agree that some of them don't have patience, but they are in the wrong field for someone who doesn't have patience. Especially someone who doesn't have patience and is allowed to carry a gun. :dry: