And the Tomatometre begins...........

IMO if the critics gave 80 and 87 to the first two films and then are divided about the third then it means they had high expectations for this film and didn't just dismiss it for stupid reasons.

Why T3 has 70 something percent and this film has 54 is baffling. X3 did more for its saga than t3 ever did :down:

Why should people give a rat's ash about Rotten Tomatoes?
I hate most of their reviews.

XCharlieX said:
Why T3 has 70 something percent and this film has 54 is baffling. X3 did more for its saga than t3 ever did :down:
Agreed, T3 sucked way more than X3. It raised up to 55 btw.

Warhammer said:
Why should people give a rat's ash about Rotten Tomatoes?
I hate most of their reviews.
Because it's not just one group of reviewers like other film review websites. It's a collection from different critics from all over the US. What this means is that you get a greater survey base to cull your information from. Surveys are just used to gauge response. If you wanted to find out how many critics liked the movie, you can get a fairly good idea. Now, that's not indicator on how you will like the movie, but it's merely used for statistical data.

skruloos said:
Because it's not just one group of reviewers like other film review websites. It's a collection from different critics from all over the US. What this means is that you get a greater survey base to cull your information from. Surveys are just used to gauge response. If you wanted to find out how many critics liked the movie, you can get a fairly good idea. Now, that's not indicator on how you will like the movie, but it's merely used for statistical data.

I didn't mean what I said.
I said it because I am X3 biased, and don't like negative reviews about it. :D

X-Maniac said:
But who's to truly say what's a 'bad movie' - does the whole world think collectively as one mind that something is 'bad'...
No. But there is also a difference between the quality of a movie or how much you like a movie. I've seen movies that are well made but they simply did not click with me. Doesn't mean they are bad movies. I can still appreciate the technical proficiency of the film.

However, what a site like RottenTomatoes does is gather information from a large user base. If there are 55 people out of 100 who are saying there is a problem with the pacing of the film or the character development, chances are there might be a problem. Not saying that you'll find it a problem but 55% of other people did.

X-Maniac said:
Critics' reviews do not correlate with box office, or why would Da Vinci Code get a bad rating despite doing so well and V for Vendetta get a good rating despite doing so badly.
Quality and Box Office often have nothing to do with each other. There have been quite a few blockbusters but they aren't necessarily good movies. Inversely, there have been movies like Shawshank Redemption which frequently tops critics lists but bombed at the box office. Do not confuse quality with your preference or box office.

Warhammer said:
I didn't mean what I said.
I said it because I am X3 biased, and don't like negative reviews about it. :D
At least you're honest about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"