Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I'm actually really looking forward to this one. I loved Rogue One and to see some of those characters fleshed out and establish more lore in peak Star Wars pre ANH era is a plus.

Its also the atmosphere and tension, Tony Gilroy created with RO. I hope Andor will be in the same vein

When this was announced I thought it might be a bit of a waste of time given we know how things go after it in the timeline but having seen what was done with the Clone Wars and now loving the Bad Batch I can see these shows that fill in the gaps can be great fun and even elevate bits in between the movies even if we know whats to come overall. They can flesh and expand the universe to explain things and add to the lore.

Watching the Republic mutate into the Empire is great fun and no doubt this can do something similar in the timeline its set. Heck I would love to get some things set between Empire and ROTJ to show Luke going from the boy defeated by Vader to full on Jedi Knight in animated or live action form. The glimpse we got from The Mandalorian of that certainly caught a lot of people's imagination with it, it seems.

My only concern is who is keeping track of all these converging timelines and trying to get everything to match up without massive inconsistancies, must be a bit of headache for someone to plot all this out, haha.

cool set - looks like tropical planet

Hmm, ship by a river set ...
E2H5iN9XEAAHUyL

E2e4al7XwAUAFY5

Gunner station by a dam/industrial base
WJ2dOR4.jpg

And from the earlier concept art....
hlcydbi.jpg

And if you are familiar with the film then you know the tremendous visual and narrative influence on Star Wars (3rd act)...

MV5BNjE1Y2E5ZGUtMzVkYS00NGIwLTliOGItZDVhYzRjYjc4ZTFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzEzNjU1NDg@._V1_.jpg

Dam_Busters_1954.jpg

The film's reflective last minutes convey the poignant mix of emotions felt by the characters – triumph over striking a successful blow against the enemy's industrial base is tempered by the sobering knowledge that many died in the process of delivering it.
we've all done terrible things on behalf of the Rebellion. Spies, saboteurs, assassins.....
andor-series-logo-1.jpg

Mixed with the Tony Gilroy Spy Thriller elements, should be tremendous.
Not saying they are adapting it, just putting some possible influential pieces together.

Last edited:
One of the benefits of having Diego Luna as Andor is that you don't have to hire an actor to do Spanish translation when Luna can do that himself.

5cungm.gif

That's great news, I really wanted to see more on how he got so damaged (physically and mentally the paranoia was crippling).
I'm a little iffy on the cartoon continuities, I know his character was recently featured on Bad Batch, but where would be his last chronological appearance to see, before a subsequent Andor series appearance?

If true, that would be fantastic, another character I wanted to see more of.
His implied climb and struggle for recognition and rivalry with Tarkin/Vader duo was interesting, if the creation of the Death Star was the high point, as "Director of Advanced Weapons Research" there was likley other transitional weapons in production. Curious what they will explore.

EnragedYawningItalianbrownbear-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
5cungm.gif

That's great news, I really wanted to see more on how he got so damaged (physically and mentally the paranoia was crippling).
I'm a little iffy on the cartoon continuities, I know his character was recently featured on Bad Batch, but where would be his last chronological appearance to see, before a subsequent Andor series appearance?

He was in two seasons of Rebels, bald, then with his Rogue One hair.

Doesn't Andor take place a year before Rebels starts? That would make Bad Batch the preceding appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"