Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
andor-logo.jpg

Andor, a tense nail-biting spy thriller created by Tony Gilroy, is set to arrive on Disney+ in 2022. Diego Luna, reprising the role of rebel spy Cassian Andor from Rogue One, will be joined by a fantastic new cast that includes Stellan Skarsgard, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller, and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma. Production kicked off three weeks ago in London.

Original post:

Cassian Andor Live-Action Series Announced | StarWars.com
Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced today that Lucasfilm is in development on a second Star Wars live-action series for Disney+, the Company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service. The series, which will go into production next year, follows the adventures of rebel spy Cassian Andor during the formative years of the Rebellion and prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Diego Luna will reprise the role of Andor. “Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire. A release date for the series has not yet been announced. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for further updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm for this. Thought he was great and the character was very interesting. And I agree that it'd be best to show all the morally gray things the rebels had to do to achieve their ends. I'm guessing this series will be aimed at teens and adults.

I wish Baze and Chirrut could somehow be involved too, maybe they can have their own series next.

The Jedi/Sith are the icing on a great cake for me. They are my favourite part of Star Wars, but there is a whole cake also to be explored and endless possibilities.

Yeah that's why they have made multiple films and shows about Jedi and Dark Side force wielders. Cause they hate them. :o

The star wars universe is more than just space wizards.
Have we seen a Sith in the sequel trilogy? Did we see any actual sober on sober action in TLJ?

GTHOH with your BS. The Star Wars saga once upon a time was all about the Jedi. I hope one day it returns....

Have we seen a Sith in the sequel trilogy? Did we see any actual sober on sober action in TLJ?

GTHOH with your BS. The Star Wars saga once upon a time was all about the Jedi. I hope one day it returns....

The Sith ended with Palpatine and Vader. That's why they arent in the Sequel trilogy. Sith arent the only dark side force users. There are however dark side force users: Snoke and Kylo.

TFA and TLJ were about the Jedi. Just as much as the PT an OT. Vader was in Rogue One. We got 4 seasons of Rebels starring Jedi and a whole season involving Vader. Resistance will involve Kylo. The Clone Wars returns next year and will star Anakin, Obi, and Ahsoka. Vader has gotten two separate comic series. Luke has gotten a comic series. Aphra's comics have dealt with ancient jedi and other ancient force users. We got a Thrawn book about Anakin and Thrawn and Vader and Thrawn working together on missions. We got a book starring Vader and Palpatine. We got a book starring Kanan Jarrus. We got a book about the legends of Luke Skywalker. We are getting a book starring Quigon and Obi. We got a book starring Leia who while not being a Jedi did focus on her and her legacy as Vader's daughter.

Look around you. Disney has released a ton of material dealing with Jedi, Sith, and other Force users. Not every single thing released js about them but much of it is. Not even everything in the old EU was all about the Jedi. There were books dealing with the Sith, Dark Jedi, mandos, bounty hunters, smugglers, etc.

Cassian also fought in a Separatist-allied militia during The Clone Wars, so it'd be interesting to maybe get some flashbacks seeing some of that.

He could be Space Jack Bauer essentially, and this is the right medium to experiment with.

Cassian also fought in a Separatist-allied militia during The Clone Wars, so it'd be interesting to maybe get some flashbacks seeing some of that.

He could be Space Jack Bauer essentially, and this is the right medium to experiment with.

giphy.gif

I didnt know he worked with separatists.

Loving the idea of this. :up: What a great idea for the second streaming series, more hyped for this than for The Mandalorian.

Third should be some full-on prequel-era thing, 10-20 years before EpI (ie. not as far back as all the lame KOTOR fanwankery crap). :cool: Get out of the OT era a little more.

But yeah, set between Solo and R1, this'll be cool. Love that timeframe, Rebels barely even a thing just yet.

So a prequel series to a prequel movie. We all know how his story ends. I guess this is another Solo-type prequel story.

NMlPhst.jpg

HIwo7GJ.jpg

Loving the idea of this. :up: What a great idea for the second streaming series, more hyped for this than for The Mandalorian.
....set between Solo and R1, this'll be cool. Love that timeframe, Rebels barely even a thing just yet.
Actually I thought Rogue One was filled with memorable characters. Cassian was one of my favorites.
Agree, Cassian Andor was a unique look at a darker side of a Rebel fighter/spy, who'd been doing it so long, following orders, killing, he'd lost his humanity (and tragically knew it), to the point where there was no turning back after all he'd done, all that was left for him (and his team), was to die completing his mission.
Interesting to see how he got there.
Also K2-SO: Ironically the cold gunmetal Imperial Assassin droid, Cassian who had lost his own humanity, reprogrammed him to be more human than himself. Like he was afraid of losing that, so made the assassin droid, human, while he became the cold killer.
love that dynamic.
What's great about also re-introducing K2-SO and how they became a duo, is there is a hint K2's programming actually survived them all, so he would have memories of all this.

Love it!
Also Cassian was the one who first said "Rebellions are built on Hope".
R1 was a great ensemble team, and character arcs, they weren't the ones who get the medals, the kiss from the princess, the recognition, glory, or any reward. Buried within a bigger war/heist epic, with a simple mission (we don't mater, and never will, all that maters is get the plans (and hope) into the right hands).

All culled from one line in the classic crawl about Rebel Spies.
Plus of all of the Rogues, he really was "the Rebel Spy" of the opening crawl.

They should actually just call this series Star Wars: "Rebel Spy"

Cassian Andor: Some of us, most of us, we've done terrible things on behalf of the Rebellion. We're spies. Saboteurs. Assassins.

Everything I did. I did for the Rebellion. And every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, without a cause, we're lost. Everything we've done would have been for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I gave up now. None of us could.

Last edited:
So a prequel series to a prequel movie. We all know how his story ends. I guess this is another Solo-type prequel story.

It could not be as bad as the Solo movie, if it is as bad, that would be an achievement by itself.
Cassian Andor is a new character featuring in just one movie, he is not loved as Han is, I can't imagine Disney possibly be able to butcher a prequel about him or maybe I don't wan't to imagine it...then again, hope can be a cruel mistress.

Yeah that's why they have made multiple films and shows about Jedi and Dark Side force wielders. Cause they hate them. :o

The star wars universe is more than just space wizards.

The universe is more than what it's been producing. At this point it's like running into a brick wall, but I dont get when there isn't a breaking point for people yet to realize that this franchise has been played out thanks to this studio. How many more stormtroopers and rebels and x-wings is it gonna take people to realize how conservative this franchise is?

This franchise is going to die a slow death if they think releasing too many films a year after one failure was the main problem.

As I said in the other thread, they picked the one character from that film I do not care for. A combination of the writing an performance on that front. I'd much prefer to follow Chirrut/Baze, Saw, or Jyn. My interest in this show is based entirely on who they cast around him, and the potential for more interesting characters to show up. Like some of the Rebels crew. Maybe he can run into Han, Chewie, Maul, Lando, Boba and Qi'ra.

How could he have fought in a militia during the Clone Wars? He can't be that old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"