Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

How could he have fought in a militia during the Clone Wars? He can't be that old.

Per Rogue One graphic novel adaptation he was a child soldier in an insurrection cell backed by the Separatists in BBY 20 (which highlights his struggles when he grew up and fight with people of the Republic).

Nice. He was one of my favourite bits of one of my favourite Star Wars movies.

Now make it like y tu mama tambien you cowards

Yeah, given Luna I doubt it'll be set majorly that far back (like close to III), but kid-flashbacks definitely don't seem off the cards.

Wonder how much prior to R1 the meat of this will be set though? You'd kinda figure we might be getting O'Reilly back as Mon Mothma and some of those military brass/ruthless intelligence guys from R1 back for this, hopefully anyway. You don't need Bail or the senators, best to save that for the events of R1 when everything's gaining momentum, but yeah, seems likely it won't just be Luna coming back from the movie.

Tudyk's great and all, but I could kind of take or leave him here, at least for a first season. Kind of felt to me like he was maybe a fairly-recent buddy/sidekick in the film, not like going back to when Cassian was a teen or 20s or whatever.

Kind of felt to me like he was maybe a fairly-recent buddy/sidekick in the film, not like going back to when Cassian was a teen or 20s or whatever.

Cassian was 26 when he died in Rogue One though, so this series will only be about the time when he was even younger.

Yeah. I just meant it kind of felt like he may have only captured/reprogrammed K2 like a year or two ago. Not much to base that off though, just a vibe. I'd be cool if Tudyk's not in this (or at least not at first), great as the character was.

Cassian was 26 when he died in Rogue One though, so this series will only be about the time when he was even younger.

Really? Wow. I know war ages people, but I definitely would have said mid-30s. The actor definitely doesn't look mid-20s in Rogue One.

Anyways, I like this idea. Cassian was an interesting character, but mostly a blank slate in terms of what we know about him. A lot of potential here and that early Rebel Alliance stuff is probably the most interesting time in the entire Star Wars mythology.

Really? Wow. I know war ages people, but I definitely would have said mid-30s. The actor definitely doesn't look mid-20s in Rogue One.

Anyways, I like this idea. Cassian was an interesting character, but mostly a blank slate in terms of what we know about him. A lot of potential here and that early Rebel Alliance stuff is probably the most interesting time in the entire Star Wars mythology.

Diego Luna IRL is 38. So yea, he's about ten years older than his character in Rogue One.

I think usually once actors reach around 35 then they can play someone 10 years older or younger than their own age, we will just have to suspense disbelief (I mean look at 20-something playing high school children). Jyn Erso is supposed to be 21 too, she certainly doesn't look it. Gotta chalk up to fighting in a war since a young age makes people age faster.

I wish we would get a show or movie that didn't revolve around around the original trilogy or the Rebellion. Like KOTOR.

Cassian was 26 when he died in Rogue One though, .
Jyn Erso is supposed to be 21 too, she certainly doesn't look it..
Who decides these ages? They certainly weren't mentioned in the movie.
Allot the extraneous material, sometimes written (or started) before they even complete the movie, descriptions sometimes taken from first drafts, or casting calls that don't reflect the final film, yet still work their way into a book), should hopefully be taken only loosely.
Sure the editor of a book, or comic series will tell you it's all absolute "canon" the "story-group" approved, they want to sell you a book, but nobody (fans and especially creators) hopefully should not have to slavishly adhere to that, especially when it flies in the face of what they are building LOL!

Last edited:
Who decides these ages? They certainly weren't mentioned in the movie.
Allot the extraneous material, sometimes written (or started) before they even complete the movie, descriptions sometimes taken from first drafts, or casting calls that don't reflect the final film, yet still work their way into a book), should hopefully be taken only loosely.
Sure the editor of a book, or comic series will tell you it's all absolute "canon" the "story-group" approved, they want to sell you a book, but nobody (fans and especially creators) hopefully should not have to slavishly adhere to that, especially when it flies in the face of what they are building LOL!

Cassian’s birth year is mentioned in Rogue One The Ultimate Visual Guide and Jyn’s in Catalyst. I just told their age according to a released material, I never mean anyone, either you or anyone working for Star Wars, has to believe or adhere to that though.

I seem to recall that in the original novelization of Star Wars (1976), Luke was 18 and Leia was 16.

At that point it hadn't yet been decided that they were twins. :)

And yeah, not like Hamill exactly looks 18-19 in the original. Young, but not that young. Same deal with McGregor in EpI.

To use a non-SW example, Shuri in Black Panther was meant to be like 16 in that film. Yet Letitia Wright, the actress who played her, was in her mid-20's when they made that film.

To use a non-SW example, Shuri in Black Panther was meant to be like 16 in that film. Yet Letitia Wright, the actress who played her, was in her mid-20's when they made that film.
Which makes no sense. I thought she was early 20's, not 16.

Which makes no sense. I thought she was early 20's, not 16.

Why? Did you think Letitia Wright looked too old to play a 16-year-old character or did you think Shuri was too smart to be only 16 years old? Or did you think it was unnecessary to make a character that much younger than the actress portraying her and it would be better if Shuri was close to Letitia Wright's age?

I think she looked older than 16. The child genius thing is overplayed to the point I don't care. This reminds me of Beverly Hills 90210 where virtually the entire cast was 20 somethings playing mid teens with one of them pushing 30 at the time.

On the other-hand Yoda looked almost believable for a 900 year old.
So, great casting there!

Last edited:
Yeah, happens all the time. Tony Stark's younger than RDJ is too.

Well, he's college age in '91, no? The actor was 25-26 by then. Guess it could be grad student stuff, but he didn't seem that way in Civil War.

Though hey, I guess who knows, Tony's genius-level intellect, he probably got his bachelors' at 13 or something. :funny: I'm just going by his flashback behavior in Civil War, and that he's still living at home and having major parental influence on him, he comes off more 19-20 than 25, which Robert would have been then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"