Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Also, makes me wonder if he’d be done with Performance Capture again, as Disney surely knew about backlash for obvious reasons.

Also, makes me wonder if he’d be done with Performance Capture again, as Disney surely knew about backlash for obvious reasons.

Was there backlash other than from people who just didn't it looked great?

And it should be the same actor doing Performance Capture again, for continuity's sake in his appearance.

Was there backlash other than from people who just didn't it looked great?

And it should be the same actor doing Performance Capture again, for continuity's sake in his appearance.

There was also a bit of backlash from people who argued the ethics of resurrecting deceased actors, even though Peter Cushing’s estate gave permission to do so.

There was also a bit of backlash from people who argued the ethics of resurrecting deceased actors, even though Peter Cushing’s estate gave permission to do so.

To me, it wasn't as much of an issue in this specific instance, because it was pseudo-Peter Cushing "reprising" a role he'd already played.

I do think it gets questionable/unethical in other cases though, like that indie movie that wanted to "cast" James Dean.

‘I've benefited from a racist system’: Diego Luna on Amazon's Pan y Circo

The global health crisis temporarily derailed the production, but Luna says that, while things are getting back on track with the series, he feels that the pandemic has changed his perspective. “Shooting is starting around the world, so slowly we’re going back, but there’s no rush. To me, what this pandemic brought to my attention is that there [are] priorities. We have to be cautious and we have to be wise on when and how to go back.

“And the how is the most important, because if we go back to be who we were, we’ve wasted our opportunity, we wasted a major opportunity of rethinking and reinventing much of the stuff we believed was crucial and essential that clearly is n

Adria Arjona Lands Role in Disney Plus’ ‘Rogue One’ Spin-Off Series – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Adria Arjona is set to star opposite Diego Luna in Disney Plus Star Wars series based on the Cassian Andor character Luna played in Rogue One. Denise Gough, Genevieve O’Reilly, Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller are also on board.

A Disney spokesperson declined to comment.

Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote Rogue One, is set to write the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes. He will work alongside series showrunner Stephen Schiff.

The untitled show focuses on Rebel agent Andor prior to the events of Rogue One in the early days of the Rebellion against the Empire. The show had been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it were first revealed last year. It was also previously announced that Luna would return as Andor, while Alan Tudyk is set to reprise his role as K-2SO, Andor’s droid sidekick.

Character details of who Arjona will be playing are unknown.

Toby Haynes Steps In To Direct ‘Rogue One’ Spin-Off Series – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: As Disney+ prepares to start production on its new Rogue One spin-off series, it will be doing so with a new director as sources tell Deadline Toby Haynes will direct the first three episodes, replacing Tony Gilroy. Sources say Gilroy was forced to drop off as director due to COVID-19 related travel reasons. Gilroy lives in New York and had to make a decision quickly on whether he would head over to the U.K. for the shoot and in the end thought it would be best that he stay in New York and have Haynes take over his directing duties.

Haynes was already high on the list of directors who would direct future episodes and since he was also already in the U.K., all parties thought this would make the most sense. Gilroy will stay very much involved with the seres as exec producer and show runner.

The series revolves around the Cassian Andor character, played by Diego Luna in the feature film, and is currently in pre-production will plans to start shooting next month. Adria Arjona, Denise Gough, Genevieve O’Reilly, Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller also are on board.

Awesome can‘t wait.
Mandalorian is great, but there should definitely be more StarWars series. With Cassian Andor we‘ll get something before the „star wars“.
Maybe they‘ll announce the actual title of the project after the investors day in December

Just the fact we are getting a Cassian & K2 series is awesome!

I imagine this series sort of like being a buddy cop type of action/comedy

Plus it’ll be cool to see the dirty side of the Rebellion

This is the Star Wars series I care about least. Cassian was kind of a boring character. We’ll see. I’m much more interested in the upcoming Obi-Wan series.

When is this show supposed to come out? 2021? I haven’t been following the news on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"