Angela Bassett IS Ramonda

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
Academy Award-nominated actress Angela Bassett has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther.” Bassett, who currently stars in “American Horror Story,” will play Ramonda, mother of T’Challa, aka Black Panther.

Directed by Ryan Coogler (“Fruitvale Station,” “Creed”), “Black Panther” stars Chadwick Boseman in the title role alongside Michael B. Jordan, Forest Whitaker, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, and Florence Kasumba. The film arrives in theaters on February 16, 2018.
Marvel

This is like a classic Spike Lee cast now. Sheesh.

yay, Tina Turner herself!
Also, Amanda Waller now in a (probably) GOOD CBM

Marvel does not half-ass... when they said they were making a black superhero film with a 95% black cast they were not joking.

Marvel does not half-ass... when they said they were making a black superhero film with a 95% black cast they were not joking.
Well, not making Black Panther's mother black would have been a surprise..

Funny enough she was apparently the first choice to play Storm many, many years ago.

Curse you, Marvel for passing on the once in a lifetime opportunity to cast an Asian woman.
*shakes fists in fake rage*

I couldn't be happier with this casting. My choice from day one!

I think she was everyone's first choice.

As a friend and I were saying, sometimes the obvious choice is the right choice (example: Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange). Angela as Ramonda is certain to be one of those cases.

I wonder if this the last casting choice for the movie.

Angela Bassett looks great still. I can't believe she is 58.

It's like I'm surprised yet not, since she was always an obvious fan cast choice, but it's still probably the best outcome.

Just here to be like: Yeah, this is awesome.

Because it is.

it's true. she should've been storm, i'm still salty over it to this day :cmad::cmad::cmad:

Why? Look at how the films turned out; most of the characters inckuding Storm were terribly written. Bassett would have been wasted in the role.

In any case, Bassett still ended up being cast as a woman who at one point was Queen of Wakanda which both Storm and Ramonda have been.

it's true. she should've been storm, i'm still salty over it to this day :cmad::cmad::cmad:

I've always heard that Angela was offered the role, but turned it down. Allegedly, so did Jada Pinkett Smith and Janet Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"