Animated Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen Two-Parter coming 2018/2019

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
LINK

Yeeeesssss!

I was thoroughly meh about Doomsday, so this pleases me greatly.

Yawn!! DC needs to learn to rely on its other characters instead of always relying on Bats/Supes. Gaslight and this two part film series are an automatic pass for me!!

Thankfully I have the Suicide Squad film in between to look forward to! Now that's something new!

Yawn!! DC needs to learn to rely on its other characters instead of always relying on Bats/Supes. Gaslight and this two part film series are an automatic pass for me!!

Thankfully I have the Suicide Squad film in between to look forward to! Now that's something new!

Thanks for the input!!

Yes! I thought this would never happen after the underwhelming Doomsday movie. Thank you WB!

Yes! Finally we're getting back to Superman. I really hope they try to match the art from the book.

I wonder what the voice cast will be.

Yes! Finally we're getting back to Superman. I really hope they try to match the art from the book.

I wonder what the voice cast will be.
You mean kinda like the 2 minute superman 75th anniversary special? It really matched Dan Jurgens's art.

I'm quite happy with this announcement since a 2 part DOS was on my superman DTV wishlist next to red son, WHTTMOT and animated adaptation of Superman Lives (hey why let all of Burton's work go to waste especially since Dan Gilroy's draft was quite decent and maybe Nic Cage can finally get his wish and play superman or atleast voice him).

But to be honest I'm quite surprised by this since I figured Red son was next inline on the chopping board since they've been considering it for quite a while.

I'm curious what stuff gets cut. Obviously, this provides more real estate than Doomsday did, but it's still like 25+ issues worth of material in 2.5 hours.

Guessing Matrix Supergirl doesn't make the cut...

You mean kinda like the 2 minute superman 75th anniversary special? It really matched Dan Jurgens's art.

I'm quite happy with this announcement since a 2 part DOS was on my superman DTV wishlist next to red son, WHTTMOT and animated adaptation of Superman Lives (hey why let all of Burton's work go to waste especially since Dan Gilroy's draft was quite decent and maybe Nic Cage can finally get his wish and play superman or atleast voice him).

But to be honest I'm quite surprised by this since I figured Red son was next inline on the chopping board since they've been considering it for quite a while.

Yeah when I saw that in that 2 min video it made me think why didn't they just do that for Superman Doomsday.

I think there might be all kinds of different legalities and fees if they were wanting use the Gilroy script from Superman Lives. It's also the Death of Supetman again so I don't see them going down that route for a third time.

There's a few I'd love to see, Kingdom Come, Cosmic Odyssey, Matt Wagner's Trinity, Superman Secret Origin, etc.

Well it looks like there strategy might be one elseworlds, one in New 52 continuity and one adaptation. So maybe they'll get to Red Son next year.

I'm curious what stuff gets cut. Obviously, this provides more real estate than Doomsday did, but it's still like 25+ issues worth of material in 2.5 hours.

Guessing Matrix Supergirl doesn't make the cut...

I think we may see Supergitl but maybe not Matrix Supergirl. Also I'm not sure they'd do Aussie Lex Luthor Jr.

Hopegulky we still get Mongul and Green Lantern in the second film.

Meh!

I liked Superman: Doomsday, and they could've used the budget to adapt another story instead.

The DC Original Animated Movies had started out so well, between movies such as Doomsday, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Justice League: New Frontier, Green Lantern: First Flight, Batman: Under the Red Hood, All-Star Superman, Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns, but between those continuity-spawning movies run by James Tucker (which I HATE) and some questionable choices I really don't enjoy them as much anymore.

I'm somewhat excited for this but No JL? No WW.....ugh

I'd love to see an adaptation of the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League. That would be tons of fun.

This seems a little weird to me. The DEATH portion of this storyline has been done literally to *death* and it isn't even a very good Superman story overall. The REIGN stuff is typical convoluted 90's comic book story telling that was designed to sell multiple issues and spin-offs.

What about doing Birthright or Superman of All Seasons as two parters?

It just feels like they are repeating themselves unnecessarily here. However, I'm still intrigued to see what they do with it.

Maybe give me a strong attempt at the art style and Daly/Delany performing the roles and I might be more interested.

giphy.gif

I will be so disappointed if this is in their universe. Set it on its own and keep the art and designs the same

I sort of expect this one to be in-continuity.

I sort of expect this one to be in-continuity.

They specifically stated Suicide Squad was in continuity. I'm sure they would have made the same distinction for this one, if it was the case.

Meh overall. And I'm afraid the animation/budget won't be up to snuff.

About time we get away from Batman for awhile.

This is going to be a correction of the Superman: Doomday movie.

Having come out on Superman's 80th anniversary makes sense.

I will be so disappointed if this is in their universe. Set it on its own and keep the art and designs the same

It's the exact opposite for me. Only way I'm interested in this is if they set in continuity with the other movies. Theres already plenty of characters introduced to make it work! Over a dozen JL members, plenty of Teen Titans, the JLD are active and now the Suicide Squad. Easy to connect to the other movies (like Judas Contract)!

Last edited:
I know,

This should be in the War/Damian Universe.

John Henry was already introduced in Throne of Atlantis.

Making this in its own universe will make the Doomsday movie obsolete.

I only want three things from this two parter.

1: A faithful adaptation of the source material. I want to see Ted Kord, Bloodwynd (MM), Maxima and the other characters from the original story that aren't around anymore or have changed significantly. Even Aussie Lex Luthor II.

The first part should be "Death of Superman" and "World without Superman" and the second part should be "Reign of the Supermen" and "Return of Superman".

2: Use the Dan Jurgens art style like the Dark Knight Returns movie used Miller's.

3: Embrace the Ninetiesness of the original.

I know,

This should be in the War/Damian Universe.

John Henry was already introduced in Throne of Atlantis.

Making this in its own universe will make the Doomsday movie obsolete.

No it shouldn't because it's going to be a faithful adaptation and personally I hate the War/Damien universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"