Animated Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen Two-Parter coming 2018/2019

I got the movie on blu ray, seen it twice so far and great movie even if missing or few things were changed from the comics but this movie is more accurate to it than seen. I would prefer it the sequel was released earlier than next year but they may not be done could be why but definitely be getting that one too.

Has anyone tried watching both Superman: Doomsday and Death of Superman together back-to-back for comparison?

Watched this the other day and enjoyed it.

I saw this last nite on DirecTV.
I really liked it. Doomsday took out most of the JL in like two minutes.
WW held her own for a bit longer but she too was no match.
It seemed that Superman and Doomsday fought for hours.
At one point, lois picks up a weary superman and says, dont worry I've got you.
To which superman says, you've got me? who's got you?
Shades of the zod and superman fight from mos.
It got me in the feels waaay more than bvs did.

Last edited:
It's a little sad to see how powerful the Superman-Doomsday battle can be... seeing as how WB threw their chance down the toilet with BvS. If they just had a little patience, we could have had a MOS 3 Doomsday movie, and darn that could have been good.

Last edited:
Just watched Death of Superman and really like it. Surprisingly emotional.

Tomasi just gets Superman. Can he please write the next live-action film?

Good directing as well, from the editing to the action scenes. A lot of effective shots.

tumblr_pg83irFBVx1qkchcvo1_1280.jpg

Got the first part 'Death of Superman' yesterday on Blu-ray, will watch over weekend.

HA. The way they tackled this story is so much better than the DCEU.

I wonder if they'll release a combo blu-ray as well? I've been holding out on buying Death of Superman in hopes they have something like that on the horizon.

I really hope they let Peter Tomasi write for more Superman media.

I wonder if they'll release a combo blu-ray as well? I've been holding out on buying Death of Superman in hopes they have something like that on the horizon.

I really hope they let Peter Tomasi write for more Superman media.
This whole creative team needs to be brought back for more adaptations of classic Superman stories. I’d love to see them take on “For The Man who Has Everything”.

I like this death of Superman movie and will get reign of supermen to go with my blue ray. I hope after this is released which I'm glad to watch cause first was great minus few missing scenes from comics. They should work on new animated movies like Ted Kord Blue Beetle, Alan Scott Green Lantern, Aquaman, new suicide Squad movies, new Flash movies, Dr Fate movie, and other stories but all in animated movies. Superman and Batman have enough for now focus on new characters or c list. The only Superman animated movie should be "Superman lives" and get Cage to voice it with original script.

I will be getting part 2 reign of supermen to put with the other one I got when released.

This isn't part of this topic but who else thinks that they should do animated movies based on Superman Lives with Nicholas Cage and Justice League: Mortal with the previous actors like Arnie Hammer, Megan Gale, etc to do the voices based on the exact same script that they were to use for live action movie and same scenes? Both of these would be awesome with best animation today and direct to blue ray releases.

That's what I'm assuming will happen. It did with The Dark Knight Returns, anyway.

That's what I'm assuming will happen. It did with The Dark Knight Returns, anyway.
Yep, that's what I was thinking of when I asked that.

But oh well, I bought it for 7 bucks on Black Friday anyway, lol.

Just watched Part 1 : Death of Superman, for the first time, enjoyed it but I got more emotion, impact & sadness from BvS in the transfer of the story.

Just watched Part 1 : Death of Superman, for the first time, enjoyed it but I got more emotion, impact & sadness from BvS in the transfer of the story.

Wow I was the opposite, I think the Death of Superman animated film is the best verison of that story. I really wish they’d have waited in live action and done the story just like this.

Wow I was the opposite, I think the Death of Superman animated film is the best verison of that story. I really wish they’d have waited in live action and done the story just like this.

I sobbed, literally sobbed in BvS first time round, and at the funeral and the after effect. This ? Not so much. Affected by it, yes, but not nearly as I was with Henry & Amy.

I sobbed, literally sobbed in BvS first time round, and at the funeral and the after effect. This ? Not so much. Affected by it, yes, but not nearly as I was with Henry & Amy.

Fair enough mate, I liked it in BVS for what it was but I’ve just always felt it should have been better and was rushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"