Anime that would make great film adaptations

Well, it wasn't really like all of them exceed pro level, only a couple from each school.

How's the cyclone smash a super power? I see it more like an exaggerated special move just like every other special move they had in the show.

:huh: It never sent anyone flying, it was just there to show how powerful the smash was.

...My point would have been. "why are you questioning make believe?"

:huh: He wasn't exactly questioning it, more like using it as an example of how manga accelerate things into pure fantasy that could only be told through anime.

In which I don't see Prince of Tennis been a good example, since it could be translated into a live-film. Maybe not a good one, but its still possible.

Most modern Anime/Manga wouldn't make for good movies, cause they're not set to be made into said movies and are a bit stretched in terms of what happens (announcing your attacks in nearly every anime that has chi or martial arts, charging up for issue after issue, and dealing with pretty much large storyboards that can't really be split up into movies).

Maybe short ones that are 16 episodes or so could make for a good movie, or something not martial arts (Death Note would probably make for a killer trilogy, as would Paranoia Agent), but for the most part anime would (does) suck as liveaction.

:huh: He wasn't exactly questioning it, more like using it as an example of how manga accelerate things into pure fantasy that could only be told through anime.

In which I don't see Prince of Tennis been a good example, since it could be translated into a live-film. Maybe not a good one, but its still possible.

Well, PoT was made into a live action film in asia, already.

Most modern Anime/Manga wouldn't make for good movies, cause they're not set to be made into said movies and are a bit stretched in terms of what happens (announcing your attacks in nearly every anime that has chi or martial arts, charging up for issue after issue, and dealing with pretty much large storyboards that can't really be split up into movies).

Maybe short ones that are 16 episodes or so could make for a good movie, or something not martial arts (Death Note would probably make for a killer trilogy, as would Paranoia Agent), but for the most part anime would (does) suck as liveaction.

It can, you just take the most important story lines to put into the film.

I was pointing out PoT which is based on a realistic sport of how far anime is willing to go in terms of being "over the top." In the recent match in the manga with Tezuka and Ryoma, one of them destroyed the light post and made it fall down.

In the anime movie, Futari no Samurai, can somebody please explain why Ryoma and Ryoga continued their goddamn tennis match even while the ship was sinking and they were ever playing underwater and then they flew in the air naked yaoi style!!! That's ridiculous over the top ness.

Ring ni Kakero over the topness is acceptable for me. They can explain their "physics." So can Dragon Ball and Gundam. But there should no reason why the hell they should have hyper space backgrounds for characters running in like 10 ft tennis court.

He?

You're a girl? o.o Sorry, didn't know that. x.x

But I actually have "Mistress" in my name, and I -know- Diamanthus. XD

Well, PoT was made into a live action film in asia, already.

Saw it when I lived in Japan. It was still cheesy and over the top, but not as drastic as Ryoma vs Ryoga in a sinking cruise. But Ryoma's moves could clear up the dark clouds =p.

Most of the actors in the musicals played the actors in the movie.

But I prefer the live action version of Ace wo Nerae instead. Though it does use bullet time, it doesn't do any drastic as Prince of Tennis.

Yeah, I was refering to ParaParaJMo not MG.

I'm a guy, too if that's what this is all about.

Anyway, look forward to the live action versions of Kurosagi, Hana Yori Dango, One Pound Gospel, and season 3 of Gokusen for a superior alternative to Dragon Ball and Speed Racer

I would like to see Naruto.

naruto_6_1024.jpg

School days!!!
Because the story is freakin' great! and they don't have crazy hair styles that require the Live action actors to look dumb!

Yû Yû Hakusho would make for a decent film if it retold the begining of the series.

I think a live action version of Ruroni Kenshin would be awesome!!!

If done well, I think it could work.

shin-chan!...stupid humor for the frat boy crowd
sailor moon!...girls and girls that are sometimes guys or something...the 18-23 male crowd
case closed! its a mystery/suspense type of story and nothing too insane happens

and well i would have said dbz...but that has already happened.........god i pray it doesnt blow!!!

Ghost in a Shell would be cool, what do you guys think?

I'd like to see an actress who could pull off Motoko's look and be taken seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"