Anime that would make great film adaptations

I would say Gunslinger Girl but it seems Kick ash will cover that territory this April. :up:

plus g.girl is kind of boring. right now i want to see the mushi-shi movie i would like to see what episode it based on . i frigg'n love that show , great writing

I would say Gunslinger Girl but it seems Kick ash will cover that territory this April. :up:

How is that? I don't see anything similar about those two outside young kids killing people, but even that is pretty different.

Baccano would do well as a series, but it's still a confusing saga.

How about Area 88? That series was so cool with its aerial fights.

Trigun

Heath could've been Vash, with Clint Eastwood directing... it would've been perfect.

nah man young pitt would have been the perfect vash with clooney as wolfwood and old school tarantino directing with the creator of the series

Dragonball . . . sans involvement of 20th Century-Fox.

Dragonball . . . sans involvement of 20th Century-Fox.

They shouldn't even waste time on DB... just go straight to DBZ with the arrival of the Saiyans.

Brandon Routh - Goku

Jackie Earle Haley - Vegeta

i don't want white guys to play gokuu and vegeta

Space Pirate Captain Harlock. Johnny Depp in the lead role.

captain%20harlock.jpg

jesus christ i'm sick of hearing Johnny Depp casted in every obscure.weird/off the wall/odd/anime/pirate/ninja movie ever.

He's a great actor, but god damn, can we stop type casting him now. He doesn't belong in every damn movie... :whatever:

his best modern role was agent sands in Once-Mexico.

his best old role is scissorhands.

his best obscure role is ed wood.

jesus christ i'm sick of hearing Johnny Depp casted in every obscure.weird/off the wall/odd/anime/pirate/ninja movie ever.

He's a great actor, but god damn, can we stop type casting him now. He doesn't belong in every damn movie... :whatever:

Same with Ryan Reynolds. He should be in less superhero films.

he should be in less films period. yeah you were van wilder get over it.:hehe:

i don't want white guys to play gokuu and vegeta

I do. They're not Japanese.

Depp would be awesome as Vicious, with Clint Eastwood for Spike. If only... :(

Apparently I have not been exposed to the Depp phenomena as you have, nor have I ever suggested Depp for anything until now.

Secondly I suggested him because he would be perfect for the role in looks, presence and performance. Lastly I would assume you are under the age of 30 because Captain Harlock is hardly an obscure title. Harlock was created by Yoshinobu Nishizaki who was the co-creator o Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers in America). Arcadia of My Youth (a Harlock feature film) was released in 1982 and the franchise has had a following in both Japan and America for many, many years.

Harmony Gold (the same guys who brought America Robotech) jammed two separate series together (like with Robotech with was 3) Captain Harlock and Queen Millennia) putting out Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years running on UHF stations for a single season and then for about 5 years in syndication. Just because you can’t watch it on cartoon network does not make it “obscure.”

My advice is before you go off on a tirade; you may want to actually be familiar with the subject matter you are criticizing. As much as you may hate the Depp suggestions it IS entirely possible that he would in fact be a good cast for a role. :cwink:

they may not be japanese but they're not white with brown hair and blue eyes, all i'm asking is to avoid another db evolution

i guess they can also do it with cgi. like i said i just don't another dragonball quagmire . maybe your right and routh would be a great gokuu, but its just hard for me to see another dragonabll movie at all right now

This is why Asian men are frowned upon, because the media likes to glorify only the negative stereotypes. Look, here's the perfect Goku, Jon Foo.

jonfoo.jpg

End of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"