The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Your complaint seems more to be that Nolan did not make the movie you wanted more than the movie itself.

Ah, good old The Joker.

If Joker would've been in TDKR he would've liked the film intensely.

hathaway was the best thing about this film. she was sexy and smart. and most importantly, unpredictable and dangerous. the first truly great female character nolan has written.

hathaway was the best thing about this film. she was sexy and smart. and most importantly, unpredictable and dangerous. the first truly great female character nolan has written.

Anne = the next big thing. :awesome:

She's Nolan's best female character by a mile.

i liked her look a lot. although i think she would have looked sexier and edgier with shorter hair.

And to think there was moaning about her costume, heels & ears.

SHELL MAKE IT DA FLOPPERZ
I didn't read one person say that the performance and or character wasn't going to be good because of the okay but bland costume.

She never thought of herself as selfish. She said to him at the ball that she does more for people than the rich ever do. He just got her to risk her life to save Gotham.

"does"? that's really funny

I think I'd do more to help someone...

Last edited:
I didn't read one person say that the performance and or character wasn't going to be good because of the okay but bland costume.

What I meant was that they kept on *****ting about that, not how great of an actress they had chosen.

Btw, what do YOU think of TDKR?

I watched TDKR for the first time today....Overall, I was disappointed in it, but Anne's performance was one of the good things about the movie.

Same as myself :up:

Ah, good old The Joker.

If Joker would've been in TDKR he would've liked the film intensely.

Ah, good old Batman jr.

Still stinging because I was right about Cottiard's minor and underwhelming role in the movie.

ISS posted that in this thread a couple of pages ago;

Full circle is too lazy a story device for Nolan. I love Nolan as a filmmaker yet have criticisms but one of them is not lazy plots. Rises is just a super lazy movie, decent but lazy. I still think that Ledger's death had something to do with why the movie turned out the way it did.

i agree that if ledger was still alive, this movie would have included him, and perhaps would have been better. that said, it was still enjoyable.

Same as myself :up:

Ah, good old Batman jr.

Still stinging because I was right about Cottiard's minor and underwhelming role in the movie.

ISS posted that in this thread a couple of pages ago;

First of all, her part wasn't that interesting, I don't think I've ever claimed that she was as good as Anne. I just said she did ok and her death looked "stoned".

Secondly, you were not "right", you just expressed your opnion. That you hold a grudge against this movie only because a certain character isn't in it says a lot.

Thirdly, you don't have answer for someone else. I looked over his post.

First of all, her part wasn't that interesting, I don't think I'ver claimed that she was as good as Anne. I just said she did ok and her death looked "stoned".

It had nothing to do with Anne. This was way back when we were getting the early reviews for the movie, none of us had seen it yet, and nearly every review was slamming Cottiard's role as being dull, pointless, no chemistry with Bale etc.

You were kicking up a stink and arguing a blue streak with me over it because I said it looks like she's going to be a big disappointment in it.

Should I go and dig up these posts? I'm sure I can find them.

Secondly, you were not right, you just expressed your opnion. That you hold a grudge against this movie only because a certain character isn't in it and was replaced by somebody you don't feel sympathy for, says a lot about you.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to say I have a grudge against this movie because the Joker's not in it? Where the hell did you get that from?

I knew the moment Ledger died that the Joker stood ZERO chance of being in the sequel. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knew that.

But nice one for jumping to a real stupid conclusion about me.

Thirdly; you don't have answer for someone else. I looked over his post.

Then you had no reason to ask what she thought of the movie did you.

For some reason I think she is Nolan's best female character because Anne might have had a lot of control over how she perform the character. Like I think she did it in the audition and had it planned, so I dunno if Nolan is to be blamed...

The competition ain't exactly stiff. Even Cottiard wasn't any competition.
ISS was including ALL of Nolan's films, wasn't she? Natalie in Memento is pretty up there. Tatelia is a nobody in comparison. :funny:

ah yea, natalie was a good femme fatale. so 2 out of about 10 isn't all that bad i guess!

Natalie, Mal, and Sarah are all good female Nolan characters IMO.

mal infuriated me. so annoying. and who is sarah? from the prestige?

Yes. Played by the very underrated Rebecca Hall.

I LOVED Sarah in the prestige. Glad someone agrees.

For some reason I think she is Nolan's best female character because Anne might have had a lot of control over how she perform the character. Like I think she did it in the audition and had it planned, so I dunno if Nolan is to be blamed...

He had no choice I think. She friendzoned him.

"does"? that's really funny

I think I'd do more to help someone...

Selina: I think I do more to help someone than most of the people in this room. Than you.

http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/dark-knight-rises-quotes.html#.UMD6bXe6WSo

Still find it funny, foxy?

ISS was including ALL of Nolan's films, wasn't she?

Yup I reckon so. That's why the competition ain't stiff. Female characters are Nolan's Achilles heel. I reckon Selina is the only one that could be called great.

Last edited:
What I meant was that they kept on *****ting about that, not how great of an actress they had chosen.

I thought it was decent but nothing special. It's a fun movie with good performances but I found the editing and writting to be sloppy and Bane as a villian was hurt by the twist. Overall I kinda dig it but more for the performances than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"