The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Apparently Anne flashed the paparazzi last night Britney Spears style when she got out of her car. :funny:

And, as a general reminder to everyone: don't post any of those pictures here.

Thank you.

Regarding her recent accident at the Les Mis premiere... I can't really muster much sympathy for her.

Your attending a high profile premiere FULL of photograhers (As disgusting as these guys are)... who are desperate to get good shots of you and your dress from all angles.

Next time, wear your knickers Anne.

^Who would want that?

Regarding her recent accident at the Les Mis premiere... I can't really muster much sympathy for her.

Your attending a high profile premiere FULL of photograhers (As disgusting as these guys are)... who are desperate to get good shots of you and your dress from all angles.

Next time, wear your knickers Anne.

Yeah. There are undies to prevent panty lines (if that's what she's afraid of) so there's no reason to go commando and risk having an accident like that especially if you are a celebrity going to a premiere knowing that it will be swarmed with photographers. IMO. If that happened to someone else, you just know people will be screaming "PR Stunt!" so she's lucky she's Anne Hathaway.

Classy answer.

Last edited:
Definitely a classy answer...

Hopefully she'll never be so naive in the future. She's too sophisticated for this nonsense.

It was a great answer - the decent thing to do would have been to just delete the photo, since it was so obviously inappropriate. She's absolutely right.

...but at the same time, wear underwear, for god's sake. :doh:

I casually did a search and thought it wouldn't come up in google images. First four rows, nothing but. :eek:

I closed it after about two minutes, so I didn't tarnish her image. :o

i love Anne but she was stupid. She knows what they do at a premier.

Anne handled that well given the guy was clearly a dick and trying to embarrass her, not a gentleman. :nono: But the whole thing is ludicrous, ZOMG pubic hairs, run for the hills! It always amazes me how nudity is so taboo in the US compared to violence, something that actually does harm.

Anne should've told the paparazzi they're photographing the wrong carpet! :oldrazz:

Then she should've burst into her paparazzi rap.

I enjoyed that link, thanks.

Her answer was classy. I completely disagree with people in internet land claiming she did it for attention, etc. It’s obviously just something that happened in the moment. It was embarrassing, no doubt, but I like how she went on the front foot, empowering herself and not completely rolling over.

In a world where death and destruction is prevalent, this is miniscule in comparison.

Oh well. Haters gonna hate. Move along.
tumblr_mex9mkvFa01qlbkc5o6_250.gif

Lauer's "seen a lot of you lately" comment is a little creepy.

Always find it strange that the media get so worked up about things like that. She didn't put her knick knacks on, it's not the end of the world.

Great answer to the interviewer though - he was clearly trying to embarrass the poor girl.

Anne handled that well given the guy was clearly a dick and trying to embarrass her, not a gentleman. :nono: But the whole thing is ludicrous, ZOMG pubic hairs, run for the hills! It always amazes me how nudity is so taboo in the US compared to violence, something that actually does harm.
I don't think it has to do with nudity. That's just secondary. The biggest reason why the paps take awkward shots like that is because the public is all, "Hey look celebrities aren't perfect, look at Anne Hathaway forgetting her underwear and getting awkwardly out of a car! Hahahaha! I guess she isn't Miss Perfect like we all thought she was!"

It really does speak of society's idolization of celebrities, and our willingness to tear these same idols down, than it does of the celebrities photographed. They're just people, albeit very famous people who have a lot of pressure to be perfect at all times. Especially for a relatively private celebrity like Anne, it's just easier to go with the flow and not be a rebel, because that only calls more attention to you.

I don't think it has to do with nudity. That's just secondary. The biggest reason why the paps take awkward shots like that is because the public is all, "Hey look celebrities aren't perfect, look at Anne Hathaway forgetting her underwear and getting awkwardly out of a car! Hahahaha! I guess she isn't Miss Perfect like we all thought she was!"
That sounds exactly like some **** they say on TMZ in that boardroom, only with more insults from the surfer dude.

Lauer's "seen a lot of you lately" comment is a little creepy.
Moreso *****ey to me. As soon as he said that I thought "come on man, really?".

Last edited:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118063462/
Christopher Nolan had long resisted the idea of featuring Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman, in "The Dark Knight Rises," wary that the character's campy mythology might clash with the film's intended tone. Eventually his brother/co-writer, Jonathan, persuaded him otherwise.

"It finally clicked that she's just a femme fatale," the director says. "And the femme fatale is a film-noir conceit that all my films have embraced in some way. Once I realized Catwoman could be a con woman, a grifter, I embraced it."

The challenge, as with other elements of Nolan's Batman trilogy, lay in rendering Bob Kane's comicbook iconography in plausible real-world terms. For Catwoman, that meant developing a uniquely deadly fighting style and a sleek, functional costume that subtly incorporated feline characteristics (high-heeled boots equipped with defensive blades, mask goggles shaped like cat ears). But the puzzle wasn't complete, Nolan says, until the casting of Anne Hathaway.

"I realized this is somebody who can give you the realistic dramatic characterization of this person. She has this incredible physicality, but she can also tell you who this person is."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"