The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Oh my goodness. How wrong you are. You must have never read my posts on TDKR. I am very critical about a lot of aspects of it. Ask any of the regulars around here. Anno, Batlobster, Brain Damage etc. They'll tell you that. Take milost as an example. He is very critical over TDKR. Have you ever seen me have a go at him for it? No. In fact we see eye to eye on the movie. Heck you can go through my post history and find plenty of my critical posts on it.

I don't care if you think Nolan's movies are the worst things ever put on celluloid. Between your constant ferocious hatred, and your blatant trolling like the petty insults thrown at Anne Hathaway in this thread, that's what sticks out about your behavior as irksome. Nobody who hates these movies as much as you claim you do spends so much time here constantly putting them down. Not unless they're trolling.

The only constant critical posters are the ones who are fans of these movies in some way but have some problems with them, but you're not one of those people. So what are you doing here all the time?

Thank you, mate :up:

That other banned poster called "the man" - the petty insults were the first thing that stuck out about him over a year ago. I didn't even remember if it was the exact phrase that he used of "the princess diaries chick" but it was, which is the same exact thing that OutRiddled uses. Both equally applied that to Anne as if she hasn't done any other work from that movie over 10 years ago. Both also had nothing good to say either about her but kept hanging around to cause trouble.

The man was banned sometime in mid 2011 or so, and then OutRiddled joined later 2011. That's what makes me wonder, plus the fact that he found the man's posts on the subject so quickly as if he knew where to look. I didn't even remember what that banned poster's name was. Sure, you can do a search on the forums, but it's a lot quicker if you know whose posts to search for because it's narrowed down.

lynch%2Bmob.jpg

Here we go again..

I don't care if you think Nolan's movies are the worst things ever put on celluloid. Between your constant ferocious hatred, and your blatant trolling like the petty insults thrown at Anne Hathaway in this thread, that's what sticks out about your behavior as irksome. Nobody who hates these movies as much as you claim you do spends so much time here constantly putting them down. Not unless they're trolling.

I don't hate Nolan's movies lol, I have even talked about the things that I like. The Hathaway bashing is all in good fun. Some people just need to loosen their panties a little. They act like I raped their grandmother lol.

That other banned poster called "the man" - the petty insults were the first thing that stuck out about him over a year ago. I didn't even remember if it was the exact phrase that he used of "the princess diaries chick" but it was, which is the same exact thing that OutRiddled uses. Both equally applied that to Anne as if she hasn't done any other work from that movie over 10 years ago. Both also had nothing good to say either about her but kept hanging around to cause trouble.

The man was banned sometime in mid 2011 or so, and then OutRiddled joined later 2011. That's what makes me wonder, plus the fact that he found the man's posts on the subject so quickly as if he knew where to look. I didn't even remember what that banned poster's name was. Sure, you can do a search on the forums, but it's a lot quicker if you know whose posts to search for because it's narrowed down.

I admit it does look suspicious when you put it like that.

I don't hate Nolan's movies lol, I have even talked about the things that I like. The Hathaway bashing is all in good fun. Some people just need to loosen their panties a little. They act like I raped their grandmother lol.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=25558467&postcount=375

Now why would anyone who feels the way you do want to be here talking about Nolan's movies as much as you do? If you've been discussing things you like I must have missed them because they're few and far between. You might find that Hathaway bashing good fun, but the way you do it comes off as nasty hatred instead of constructive criticism.

Contrary to belief we're not all Nolan fanboys who chew up everyone who criticizes his movies. regwec and Pfeiffer-Fan for example have been critical of Hathaway's Selina, but they do it in a constructive way. That's why you don't see anyone pulling them up for their posts like with you.

OutRiddled, c'mon let's get real...you don't post some the things you do and expect not to get attention, do you? I think we've given you exactly what you wanted.

I'm just a passionate fan like all of you. Sometimes I think you do this just to get attention.

Nah not really, going after you has become the norm here- not a great way to get any special attention.

You know what though, if you're serious about just intentionally blowing things out of proportion just for fun then I'll just take everything you say with a huge grain of salt from now on and assume you're actually a big fan of Nolan and these movies at the end of the day. Consider my panties un-bunched.

Lol, you are the biggest troll around here. You and your followers. Just because you have a 33,000 + post count and have been here since 2003 doesn't make you any less a troll. Why? Because you troll anyone who doesn't blindly worship Christopher Nolan. You are without a doubt the biggest Nolan fanboy around here.

I'm just about done with you.

tumblr_mjl811M2Mk1qjv4uwo10_250.gif

So much going on in this thread.

But yay for Anne :up:

At least someone is getting appreciation for this film, lol.

That's great. If anyone deserved to win some kind of award for this movie it's her.

I saw it again on the big screen on Wednesday and realized how much I missed her. :funny:

Bruce won't be moping around for that long if he met her in TDK. :o Although she'll be just 18 years old at that time and probably not even in Gotham. :funny:

Yep. A creepy thought is her character is 16 during the events of BB.

Kind of raises questions about social norms and what is considered okay. But at least they flipped it in MOS. ;)

I just took a look at the previous pages, and I have no idea what the heck happened. :funny:

Yep. A creepy thought is her character is 16 during the events of BB.

Kind of raises questions about social norms and what is considered okay. But at least they flipped it in MOS. ;)
I thought it was agreed that Bruce and Selina are 10 years apart. So she should have been 20 in BB when Bruce turned 30.

When one is in their late 20s, it's okay. :oldrazz:

Yah, I always assumed there was just a ten year gap between the two.

When Bruce was doing his research on her at the Batcave, it said that her birth year was 1985. That makes her 27 IF TDKR happened in 2012. So Bruce is 39 and she's 27. But yeah, age gaps don't really look too bad once you reach your late 20s IMO.

Regardless... I thought they did a good job making Anne look mature anyway so she and Bale looked pretty darn good together. I remember one of the concerns before was Anne is too young for Bale and they will look mismatched.

This is a bit off topic but I still don't like her catsuit.

TDKR isn't in 2012, or at least it shouldn't be. Either 2014(if you believe BB was in 2005, then TDK is in 2006) or 2016(if you believe TDK is in 2008, then eight years later would be 2016) at least in the beginning of the film, then add six months from either September or October which is the ending of TDKR.

And which either year BB is set, 2005 or 2007(a year before TDK's events), that means Bruce is only thirty at that time...so either Bruce was born ten years before Selina(1975) or he was born in 1977.

When Bruce was doing his research on her at the Batcave, it said that her birth year was 1985. That makes her 27 IF TDKR happened in 2012. So Bruce is 39 and she's 27. But yeah, age gaps don't really look too bad once you reach your late 20s IMO.

Regardless... I thought they did a good job making Anne look mature anyway so she and Bale looked pretty darn good together. I remember one of the concerns before was Anne is too young for Bale and they will look mismatched.
Anne isn't THAT young. :oldrazz: With the proper makeup, outfits, and demeanor, it would have been a piece of cake.

TDKR isn't in 2012, or at least it shouldn't be. Either 2014(if you believe BB was in 2005, then TDK is in 2006) or 2016(if you believe TDK is in 2008, then eight years later would be 2016) at least in the beginning of the film, then add six months from either September or October which is the ending of TDKR.

And which either year BB is set, 2005 or 2007(a year before TDK's events), that means Bruce is only thirty at that time...so either Bruce was born ten years before Selina(1975) or he was born in 1977.

Hmm.... On hindsight, I think there was a prop (like the Gotham City civil war map or something?) that indicated when TDKR took place? I can't remember what exactly though.

Anne isn't THAT young. :oldrazz: With the proper makeup, outfits, and demeanor, it would have been a piece of cake.

Oh yeah, I don't disagree. I just remember it was a concern for some before. She's roughly the same age as Selina is anyway. Same with Bale and Bruce's age.

Call it a mistake, because there is a slight drop of a date of 2008 in TDK, unless you want to believe that BB is actually set nine years before TDKR in real time, which would be 2003.

Call it a mistake, because there is a slight drop of a date of 2008 in TDK, unless you want to believe that BB is actually set nine years before TDKR in real time, which would be 2003.
Props yes, but nothing shown explicitly on screen, so I suppose it's up to the audience to decide when all this happens. :oldrazz:

They had a amazing chemistry that I didn't care on the age. Why Nolan you don't put more scenes of Bruce&Selina/BatCat together?

It would be so nice to see more scenes of them together.

It's simple.

Batman Begins took place in 2005.

The Dark Knight took place in 2008.

TDKR took place in 2012.

:woot:

Dates shouldn't be of any concern.

It's not one large world. Unless of course Gotham somehow changes from looking like a model built, studio constructed, CGI enhanced Chicago (Batman Begins), to the very heart and soul of Chicago (The Dark Knight), to Pittsburgh, LA and New York (TDKR). A city just doesn't change in look with three, completely different cities, skylines, etc. in the span of a decade. Unless Gotham tore down it's miles and miles and miles of buildings and replaced them.

There's also the fact that Wayne Tower changes as well. Why would such a prominent building in Gotham first look like the Chicago Board of Trade building, to a Chicago building, to New York's Trump tower? That's a pretty significant change in architecture, not to mention the applied science division. It's pretty cramped and claustrophobic in Begins (save for the Tumbler test room), but the ones later all vary to a degree.

Then let's not forget little Jimmy Gordon. A kid doesn't just grow from a toddler being spoon fed (in Begins) to a 10 year old (The Dark Knight) in just under a year.

How about Rachel Dawes? That must have been some pretty crazy plastic surgery she underwent to go from looking like this,

RachelDawesKatieHolmes.jpg

to this,

Rachel-Dawes.jpg

In, again, just under a year.

Speaking of which. Why would Bruce Wayne have a picture of Rachel Dawes in TDKR . . . from when they went and had dinner with Natasha and Dent at the restaurant!?! She's not even looking at a camera. Why would there be a pic of Rachel, wooing over Dent at a restaurant?

:wow:

How about Wayne Manor and building it "brick for brick"? Wayne Manor in TDKR doesn't even look like the one from Begins. In fact, the foundation surrounding it is completely different as well! How does the foundation and land just completely change around the Palisides? Even the interior doesn't look the same. Even the entrance from the outside of the Batcave's waterfall to the opposite cliff isn't the same area.

So in Batman Begins' reality, Selina Kyle isn't 16 or 20. She doesn't even exist. How old is she in The Dark Knight? Nada. She was born sometime in 2011 and was revealed to film audiences everywhere on July 20th, 2012.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"