The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Way to stomp all over people's imaginations milost. :oldrazz:

Know what else? BATMAN ISN'T REAL! :wow:

Know what else? BATMAN ISN'T REAL! :wow:

tumblr_liqavpyIGB1qethe8.jpg

How about Wayne Manor and building it "brick for brick"? Wayne Manor in TDKR doesn't even look like the one from Begins. In fact, the foundation surrounding it is completely different as well! How does the foundation and land just completely change around the Palisides? Even the interior doesn't look the same. Even the entrance from the outside of the Batcave's waterfall to the opposite cliff isn't the same area.

I thought about that when I saw the movie. It really different.

It is just me or the manor seemed smaller than in Batman Begins (inside the mansion)?

Not just you.

The main stairway in TDKR (where Bruce and Alfred part ways) is nothing like the large, marble stair case in Begins (where college Bruce walks up when he comes home from Princeton). The interior of the manor in Begins was much more extravagant and large looking, even with everything covered/draped like an empty mausoleum.

Not to mention the landscape surrounding it. Wayne Manor in Begins was up on a hill, with those long, descending steps that Bruce walks down when he's going to the cave. TDKR Wayne Manor has no such land. Obviously that because Wayne Manor in Batman Begins was filmed at Mentmore Towers in Buckinghamshire, while Wayne Manor from TDKR is some place else.

They had a amazing chemistry that I didn't care on the age. Why Nolan you don't put more scenes of Bruce&Selina/BatCat together?

It would be so nice to see more scenes of them together.

Pfftt... No one cares about BatCat. The movie needs more Blake, Daggett, and Foley. :oldrazz:

It's simple.

Party popper! :argh: :lmao:

Speaking of which. Why would Bruce Wayne have a picture of Rachel Dawes in TDKR . . . from when they went and had dinner with Natasha and Dent at the restaurant!?! She's not even looking at a camera. Why would there be a pic of Rachel, wooing over Dent at a restaurant?

I always found that hilarious. Would it have hurt them to use a posed picture? Well I guess that's better than a pic of her where Bruce is not even there. :funny:

Last edited:
Not just you.

The main stairway in TDKR (where Bruce and Alfred part ways) is nothing like the large, marble stair case in Begins (where college Bruce walks up when he comes home from Princeton). The interior of the manor in Begins was much more extravagant and large looking, even with everything covered/draped like an empty mausoleum.

Not to mention the landscape surrounding it. Wayne Manor in Begins was up on a hill, with those long, descending steps that Bruce walks down when he's going to the cave. TDKR Wayne Manor has no such land. Obviously that because Wayne Manor in Batman Begins was filmed at Mentmore Towers in Buckinghamshire, while Wayne Manor from TDKR is some place else.

The biggest disappointment was expecting a better more souped up Batcave after he said he was going to improve the foundations at the end of BB, and all we got was a rising platform with the Bat computer on it.

I remember all those fan made concept art designs of the new and improved Batcave (which actually ended up being better than the actual movies') and getting hyped up for what it would look like. A lot of them utilized the southeast corner structure archways which I thought was brilliant.

I think this was around the time it was rumored that there would be a new Batmobile as well.

Then it was confirmed that the new Batcave was all decked out with a new "underwater area", draw bridge, and crime lab. I thought that sounded great. I was disappointed when all it ended up being was a rising platform that comes up out of the water. I think with the Nolan Batman films, I liked the Bat-bunker better. I like how simple it is and I much prefer the Bat armory cage to the weird plexiglass looking thing in TDKR. As far as Batcaves go, I love the '89 Batcave with the consoles built into the rock, the grated platforms and catwalks and of course, that suit vault with his armor and gear.

For reference:

Mentmore Towers (BB):
mentmore-towers-02.jpg

Wollaton Hall (TDKR):
640px-Wollaton_Park_MMB_07.jpg

The hill/staircase thing is easily explained because that's the back entrance of Mentmore, and we only see the front entrance of Wollaton in TDKR. Mentmore is said to have been closely based on the design of Wollaton in the first place too. I can buy it.

It's simple.

Batman Begins took place in 2005.

The Dark Knight took place in 2008.

TDKR took place in 2012.

:woot:

Dates shouldn't be of any concern.

It's not one large world. Unless of course Gotham somehow changes from looking like a model built, studio constructed, CGI enhanced Chicago (Batman Begins), to the very heart and soul of Chicago (The Dark Knight), to Pittsburgh, LA and New York (TDKR). A city just doesn't change in look with three, completely different cities, skylines, etc. in the span of a decade. Unless Gotham tore down it's miles and miles and miles of buildings and replaced them.

There's also the fact that Wayne Tower changes as well. Why would such a prominent building in Gotham first look like the Chicago Board of Trade building, to a Chicago building, to New York's Trump tower? That's a pretty significant change in architecture, not to mention the applied science division. It's pretty cramped and claustrophobic in Begins (save for the Tumbler test room), but the ones later all vary to a degree.

Then let's not forget little Jimmy Gordon. A kid doesn't just grow from a toddler being spoon fed (in Begins) to a 10 year old (The Dark Knight) in just under a year.

How about Rachel Dawes? That must have been some pretty crazy plastic surgery she underwent to go from looking like this,

RachelDawesKatieHolmes.jpg

to this,

Rachel-Dawes.jpg

In, again, just under a year.

Speaking of which. Why would Bruce Wayne have a picture of Rachel Dawes in TDKR . . . from when they went and had dinner with Natasha and Dent at the restaurant!?! She's not even looking at a camera. Why would there be a pic of Rachel, wooing over Dent at a restaurant?

:wow:

How about Wayne Manor and building it "brick for brick"? Wayne Manor in TDKR doesn't even look like the one from Begins. In fact, the foundation surrounding it is completely different as well! How does the foundation and land just completely change around the Palisides? Even the interior doesn't look the same. Even the entrance from the outside of the Batcave's waterfall to the opposite cliff isn't the same area.

So in Batman Begins' reality, Selina Kyle isn't 16 or 20. She doesn't even exist. How old is she in The Dark Knight? Nada. She was born sometime in 2011 and was revealed to film audiences everywhere on July 20th, 2012.

And this is the silliest post I've read. Ever. Of all time.

Good job :up:

Next you're going to tell me Santa Claus doesn't exist.

They had a amazing chemistry that I didn't care on the age. Why Nolan you don't put more scenes of Bruce&Selina/BatCat together?

It would be so nice to see more scenes of them together.
I actually liked what we had of them. Keep 'em wanting more but don't let the audience get sick of them. :cwink:

I really loved the way Bruce turned her over to the good side, which is something that he saw in her from the very beginning. Maybe he crushed on her then and didn't realize it. :cwink: Then again Batman probably didn't come across that many criminals that were as cunning and playful (well, and good-looking) as she was.

Seeing TDKR on the big screen made me :applaud a bit since I actually had the Pavane (the piece that plays when they're dancing at the charity ball) as my wedding processional. :hrt: It was totally not my doing either - my husband actually suggested it! :funny:

Last edited:
Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle – one of my favorite things about one of my favorite superhero movies.

:hrt:

I thought it was agreed that Bruce and Selina are 10 years apart. So she should have been 20 in BB when Bruce turned 30.

When one is in their late 20s, it's okay. :oldrazz:

Her rap sheet that Bruce looks at the beginning includes a birthdate or something that puts her at 26 or 27, if I recall. Bruce Wayne is about 40 in TDKR (he turned 30 in BB, it's been about 18 months in TDK and add another 8 years on for TDKR). That means Bruce is 39 and she is 27.

Which again is not that big a deal. Lots of billionaires marry a woman over 10 years younger when they hit 40. ;)

I jest, I jest.

For reference:

Mentmore Towers (BB):
mentmore-towers-02.jpg

Wollaton Hall (TDKR):
640px-Wollaton_Park_MMB_07.jpg

The hill/staircase thing is easily explained because that's the back entrance of Mentmore, and we only see the front entrance of Wollaton in TDKR. Mentmore is said to have been closely based on the design of Wollaton in the first place too. I can buy it.

Very similar. Yet, I still wish they had the original, because

A) I loved that staircase outside

and

B) The only continuity change I caught when I saw in theaters and still irks me is the absence of a family graveyard.

There is a family cemetery in BB and it makes since that since the Waynes have lived in that home for some 200 years that they would have their own resting place on the grounds. Yet, besides being in a different location in front of the house, the cemetery shrinks from being a real one in BB to being three people in TDKR.

That is one continuity change that still irks for some reason.

Her rap sheet that Bruce looks at the beginning includes a birthdate or something that puts her at 26 or 27, if I recall. Bruce Wayne is about 40 in TDKR (he turned 30 in BB, it's been about 18 months in TDK and add another 8 years on for TDKR). That means Bruce is 39 and she is 27.

Which again is not that big a deal. Lots of billionaires marry a woman over 10 years younger when they hit 40. ;)

I jest, I jest.
Well, lots of billionaires not named Bill Gates marry a woman 40 years their junior when they hit 60. :oldrazz:

I wonder what Bruce would do if Selina leaves him. Or he wakes up one day and all the money he secured with him is gone.

I wonder what Bruce would do if Selina leaves him. Or he wakes up one day and all the money he secured with him is gone.

Get a combover, grow a belly, and hook up with Lois Lane. :o

krrh.jpg

:funny:

Not bad. Step up from Selina and more his age too.

amy-adams-picture-1.jpg

If we can't talk about Selina's age or what have you, why should we think about this too? :o

Because she exists now (the TDKR one anyway), she didn't exist before last year. She'll be celebrating her first birthday soon.

I never had an issue with their age difference in TDKR. I thought it was an interesting change of pace for the two characters, and the first time Bruce was ever portrayed as older than Selina.

I'm sure one of the main reasons Nolan used the 10 year age difference was to display, again, why they seemed like the wrong pairing for one another (she's a crook, he's a vigilante, she's poor, he's rich, she's younger, he's older), hence why more than one person tried to push Bruce and Miranda together; they seemed like the perfect pairing.

It was poetic irony that as many differences Bruce and Selina had, they shared just as many similarities between one another. Plus, Bruce deserves a young, sassy, intelligent beauty anyway. :)

I never had an issue with their age difference in TDKR. I thought it was an interesting change of pace for the two characters, and the first time Bruce was ever portrayed as older than Selina.

I'm sure one of the main reasons Nolan used the 10 year age difference was to display, again, why they seemed like the wrong pairing for one another (she's a crook, he's a vigilante, she's poor, he's rich, she's younger, he's older), hence why more than one person tried to push Bruce and Miranda together; they seemed like the perfect pairing.

It was poetic irony that as many differences Bruce and Selina had, they shared just as many similarities between one another. Plus, Bruce deserves a young, sassy, intelligent beauty anyway. :)
One could also argue that Bruce was probably at Selina's emotional age anyway, because being Batman has stunted his emotional growth for so long. Selina was doing the more mature thing by trying to move on and make a new life for herself.

And Tatelia was a lot like Bruce in the end - she was using her anger and grief towards a greater goal. Too bad it involved killing millions of people. :oldrazz:

One could also argue that Bruce was probably at Selina's emotional age anyway, because being Batman has stunted his emotional growth for so long. Selina was doing the more mature thing by trying to move on and make a new life for herself.

This is true. Even Christian Bale stated that Bruce was at a point in his life where he finally needed to move on, to live, and that he's missed out on so much normalcy. He's finally starting a real life, and embarrassingly late as well. Turning a new leaf and beginning a real adult life with someone in their late 20s is a perfect alternative, for Bruce anyway. :cool:

The age thing is not a problem. Just a thought.

And I agree that it is kind of lovely but strange to see Bruce Wayne relaxed and retired. It is like he just started living his life at 40. Better late than never for the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"