Anne Hathaway Starring in David Robert Mitchell Film for Bad Robot/WB

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Anne Hathaway, David Robert Mitchell Team For Warner Bros. Movie – Deadline

Anne Hathaway (Eileen) has signed on to star in a mysterious new film that David Robert Mitchell (It Follows, Under the Silver Lake) will direct for Warner Bros. Pictures, Bad Robot and Jackson Pictures.

While the pic is billed as a “thrill-ride” to be shot in IMAX, which will head into production this fall, other details are scarce at present.

Mitchell penned the original script and will produce alongside J.J. Abrams and Hannah Minghella for Bad Robot, and Jackson Pictures’ Matt Jackson. Jake Weiner and Chris Bender of Good Fear Content will serve as exec producers.
This is interesting. Mitchell has been out of the mix for awhile, but I quite liked It Follows. Curious what he can accomplish with a decent-sized budget.

That’s interesting. A little bit of a risk considering how few dino-films have worked, post-Jurassic Park (including literally all of the Jurassic sequels).

Am I the one of the few who liked Under the Silver Lake more than It Follows?

Glad to see him back directing something.

Interesting to see Mitchell work with a big budget. But mostly here for the Hathaway comeback.

David Robert Mitchell?

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

The rumours were true!

Logline details are being kept in the cage, but sources say it is described as being a family adventure set in the 1980s that involves dinosaurs. Hathaway and McGregor play the parents. The kids roles are yet to be cast.

Do we know which is happening first between this and It Follows 2?

I would think this one since they are moving on with casting.

I'm kinda desperate for a good dinosaur movie so please don't fail me.

Dinosaurs + human family in an ‘80s setting really has me thinking “Amblin,” so it would be really wild if this kind of turns out to be a better Jurassic movie than we’ve gotten since Spielberg.

But those Jurassic World movies have made billions. They must be good, right?

I mean, I guess there’s a chance that info is wrong, but it kind of feels like he’s just being coy.

Dinosaurs wouldn’t stand a chance against Anne. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"