Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire | AMC

I guess he sells the “I’m in anguish” Louis face.

Last edited:
So I guess this means Louis won't be a plantation and slave owner in this adaption.

Yeah, they confirmed that with some character descriptions a page back.

Louis is also notably different being a brothel owner instead of a plantation owner as he is in the novels before he becomes a vampire. Louis is also white in the novels while this adaptation is specifically looking for a Black actor. And based on the description it seems like this isn’t Louis’ first interview with Daniel Malloy and the first may not have been exactly truthful.

Yeah, they confirmed that with some character descriptions a page back.
I guess Louis' POV in the first book was portrayed to be just that in later books, but I don't trust this show to it justice.

Disappointed with the casting here, just feels like they're being cheap so far.

This does feel like blah CW casting for a project the likes of this, but I like the twist of Louis and Claudia being black. The guy that they got for Lestat looks the part, but this could use some more star power.

I wonder who they'll get for Armand and Madeleine.

This does feel like blah CW casting for a project the likes of this, but I like the twist of Louis and Claudia being black. The guy that they got for Lestat looks the part, but this could use some more star power.

I wonder who they'll get for Armand and Madeleine.
I guess it's in line with what AMC do; taking both Walking Dead and Breaking Bad together, who was the biggest name cast? Probably Bryan Cranston....because of Malcolm in the Middle.

The only silver lining is what they did with those shows and that's taking a solid premise and turning it into something fantastic (even though it didn't last with TWD). Something tells me they're taking the show seriously in spite of the underwhelming casting.

RIP Anne.

Interview With A Vampire was such a seminal piece of work which led to some incredible world building that so many have attempted to replicate, yet fell short. I hope this show can do her proud.

Nice. I’ve been looking forward to this one.

From four pictures?
It looks very clean for a period piece (in parts) which I'm not a fan of. Maybe I'm holding onto the perfect gothic aesthetic of the film and book.

I don't know, this property has all the potential in the world so I guess my standards are very high.

It definitely screams “TV show”! But we’ll see. Visually, the movie will be extremely hard to beat.
I think my issue is that to take these 4 images in insolation, I would think I was looking at Boardwalk Empire...which is not what I would expect from Anne's work.

Screw it anyway, the second I heard the Rice's removed themselves from the property I was resigned to disappointment.

I believe Rice and her son were actively involved with the show and I think her son still is. She seemed really enthusiastic about the upcoming AMC shows before she passed in press releases and some interview’s but idk.

this looks terrible
Well I’m different because I can’t judge a show based on four pictures and a little bit of footage. I mean really for me I have to see the first episode and even a few more to tell if I won’t like it. I haven’t read the books but have seen the movie but I’ll judge it once I see the final product.

I believe Rice and her son were actively involved with the show and I think her son still is. She seemed really enthusiastic about the upcoming AMC shows before she passed in press releases and some interview’s but idk.
They were actively involved when the show was meant to be with Hulu, but when that fell through I think they sold the rights completely to AMC. Maybe Chris was involved to an extent with AMC but as far as I know their creative clout ended with Hulu.

I mean I’m sure Anne and Chris had meetings with AMC and the shows creatives about their vision for the shows but yeah probably not very involved with the creative direction and vision for the show on the AMC network.

Well I’m different because I can’t judge a show based on four pictures and a little bit of footage. I mean really for me I have to see the first episode and even a few more to tell if I won’t like it. I haven’t read the books but have seen the movie but I’ll judge it once I see the final product.

the pics looks terrible lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"