Annette Bening is The Supreme Intelligence

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
From http://www.superherohype.com/news/416249-annette-bening-joins-the-captain-marvel-cast#/slide/1

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that veteran actress Annette Bening (American Beauty, Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool) has joined the cast of Marvel Studios‘ upcoming Captain Marvel. This role will mark Bening’s first time appearing in a superhero film, although she was initially cast as Catwoman in 1992’s Batman Returns before leaving the role due to pregnancy. While the trade hints that her Captain Marvel character will be a scientist of some kind, Variety’s Justin Kroll claims she will be playing Marie Danvers, the mother of Brie Larson’s Carol Danvers.

I adore her, she’s a legend. I wonder who she’s playing? Oh my gosh, imagine if she was playing Abigail Brand! Imagine Bening and Jackson hanging out as nick and Abigail! :hmr:

I wouldn't mind an older Brand but I don't think Bening is playing her because I doubt SWORD already existed in the 90s.

She's rumored to be playing Carol's Mother

Oh my gosh.

Imagine if she was playing veranke! Like even Veranke...impersonating her mum!:wow:

Captain Marvel Theory: MCU Mar-Vell Is Carol's Mother

There are sure to be many comic book fans ready to petition Captain Marvel's theatrical release if it makes any changes to the comics - such is the reality of superhero filmmaking. But it's possible to hold the classic story in high esteem... and acknowledge that adapting it to a modern movie in Marvel's formula raises some problems. The most significant of them being that Carol Danvers becomes a superhero because an alien soldier got between her and an alien explosion.

Mar-Vell, the original Kree superhero named Captain Marvel (another hero the movie would have to introduce somehow) was caught up in a catastrophic explosion involving vague alien technology (which the movie would have to make plausible and clear to the audience), and gained powers of the Kree when Mar-Vell's body was blasted through Carol's somehow transferring genetic "stuff" (again, all of which would need to be sold to the audience in a clear, believable way). And all of that is just to cover the first chapter of Carol's origin story... which Marvel has made clear the Captain Marvel movie will not be covering.

Interesting idea having a gender swapped mar-vell. I kind of like it

I’m kind of intrigued by that obi wan type relationship but with two women instead of two men though. I can definitely learn to like it

Anette Benning is playing four question marks?
Intruiging.

Anette Benning is playing four question marks?
Intruiging.
Yeah, because Four Question Marks is a great character... I bet you're a fan of Four Exclamation Marks, aren't you? Well, Four Exclamation Marks won't be in the movie, deal with it.

Has anyone even successfully played 2 question marks? I think she’s taking on a lot here but good luck to her.

I don't think so, but Vin Diesel managed to play three X in one of his movies and he's a much less experienced actor than Bening. She'll be fine.

Based on the new trailer, Benning is playing a Kree scientist who experimented on Carol to turn her into Captain Marvel, likely as the ultimate weapon against the Skrulls.

But, WHO???

I'm sick of these character threads with question marks in the titles, lol.

Saw another theory that she could be some high-ranking Kree official or even the Supreme Intelligence.

Saw another theory that she could be some high-ranking Kree official or even the Supreme Intelligence.

Oooooh.... I hadn't thought of that at all. What if...

What if Benning is playing Carol's mother BUT also the Supremor? Suppose the Supremor appears to Carol mentally in the form of her mother? Just a thought.

She’s totally playing her mum.

I’m really excited by that. So many space flicks are about fathers and sons. It would be fun to do mothers and daughters for a change. Although I must admit I was hoping for more of a “postcards from the edge” type feel

She looked great I thought. I like all of the above suggestions for who she might be playing.

She’s totally playing her mum.

I’m really excited by that. So many space flicks are about fathers and sons. It would be fun to do mothers and daughters for a change. Although I must admit I was hoping for more of a “postcards from the edge” type feel

Even if she's not her mother, she could certainly be a maternal like figure.

I do wonder if the scene when Carol says I won't fight your war takes place in the same place where Bening is in the scene above? Maybe its part of the same scene, perhaps Bening is telling her what she was created for?

Last edited:
I am thinking Supreme Intelligence, as well. Probably a physical form it takes as an avatar, like Ego had. At least, I am hoping that is the case should that theory prove true, LOL!

I am thinking Supreme Intelligence, as well. Probably a physical form it takes as an avatar, like Ego had. At least, I am hoping that is the case should that theory prove true, LOL!
I hope you’re right :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"