Another ct of violence......near me.

My big sister who lives outside of Rochester was delayed on Christmas Eve because of this. What's chilling is that the guy left a note saying he was doing what he liked to do and that was killing people. It makes me wonder if that person that killed those fireman and his sister was behind any murders in the area where they hadn't found a suspect.

The gunman served seventeen years in prison for beating his Grandmother to death with a hammer. I guess they figured it was a one time deal.

I think there should be law that in all cases like this, of brutl violent crime, the perp's family should have too report for mandatory quarterly mental health evals.
I also think it should be aginst the law too give the perp of such crime, who died before he could be given a trial, a funeral service of any kind. The body should be be incinerated nd dumped in the ocean.

Last edited:
So his family should be punished for his crimes?
It's not punishment it's public safety issue:
Mental disorders are genetic. People with relatives with violent Mental disorders should be monitored to prevent them from going down the same path.

IDK about monitoring. The best you can do is make the assistance available for families/individuals who want it.

So his family should be punished for his crimes?
Seriously. That's some screwed up logic Shemtov. You can't hold the family liable for something they have no control over. Why not bring you in for psych evaluation too? You had just as much say in the nutball shooting an innocent victim as they did.

Anyway, terrible story. And I hope the victim's family can get through it the best they can.

Mental disorders are genetic. People with relatives with violent Mental disorders should be monitored to prevent them from going down the same path.
Of course it's punishment. You don't think the stigma of having a relative who commits a violent act is bad enough without the government pointing a finger at you too? Think that would never got out? It's penalizing someone for something someone else did. Because "violent mental disorders" are "genetic?" In what way, exactly? How many cases have there been where a relative of a violent criminal has also committed lethal acts because of their "violent" genes?

Last edited:
If only he got life in jail or executed for the first murder he committed.

Seriously. That's some screwed up logic Shemtov. You can't hold the family liable for something they have no control over. Why not bring you in for psych evaluation too? You had just as much say in the nutball shooting an innocent victim as they did.
I'm not saying they had any control, just that they shre his genes, which includes mentl illness gene, nd therefore re more susceptible to getting a violent mental disorder. They could easily go off the deep end, just like their relative and they are more likely too then me or you.
Imagine a genetic disorder that made people affected with it give off dedly poison fumes from their skin and could develop later in life and there are warning signs. Wouldn't you sy tht their relatives's health should be monitored as a public safety issue? this is the same thing.

Last edited:

You're almost describing a eugenics program.

You're almost describing a eugenics program.
:huh: I'm not sying that they couldn't hve children, be involuntarily sterilized locked up or killed.
They should hve regular mental health checkups is ll I'm saying.

That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Idiots like you should have to report for mandatory psyche evaluations as well.

I'm not saying they had any control, just that they shre his genes, which includes mentl illness gene, nd therefore re more susceptible to getting a violent mental disorder. They could easily go off the deep end, just like their relative and they are more likely too then me or you.
Imagine a genetic disorder that made people affected with it give off dedly poison fumes from their skin and could develop later in life and there are warning signs. Wouldn't you sy tht their relatives's health should be monitored as a public safety issue? this is the same thing.
What exactly is this violent mental illness gene you're talking about? Mental illness doesn't work like that. A gene for violence that is shared among family members.

I thought people who have been convicted of a violent crime were no longer allowed to own firearms?

I think there should be law that in all cases like this, of brutl violent crime, the perp's family should have too report for mandatory quarterly mental health evals.

This idea is absolutely terrible. It's morally questionable at best, a complete corruption of any fair-minded legal system at the least, and at worst it's the kind of hobnailed jackbooted thinking that eventually lays waste to entire races of people. I'm offended and disgusted for having read it, and you should feel nothing but utter shame in yourself for having suggested it.

By Sethu's name Shemtov has a point... a good one regarding this sort of monitoring

That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

This. It's either Shemtov is campaigning for best villain, or he's actually gone off the deep lost a few screws in his head himself.

Manic is right too. This is awful thinking and terrible logic and Shemtov should be ashamed for even thinking.

You know, we're trying to find solutions that would help people with mental health and you're suggesting the complete opposite and making an even bigger stigma out of mental illness. Being judged is the reason why so many mentally ill people try to hide and solve it own their own and you're suggesting some big brother crap. Such thinking is no only inhumane, but disgraceful.

Why only AFTER a violent crime has happened in the family? Why not pre empt it. Heck, my sister is a manic depressive whose been in a mental institution after suffering from hallucinations - maybe I should have mandatory mental health check ups every year or something? Of course, i'd probably be too afraid to mention if I DID experiance any problems...

Or hey, why even stop at check ups? Why don't we all start campaigning for a list of these 'mental' people to be released to the public so that we can all be aware of who to avoid in the street?

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"