• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another species on the brink of extinction

dpm07

Hiking Hero
Reaction score
Another sad testament to humanity as people drive another species to the brink of extinction:

Cry of the Wild
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20012317/site/newsweek/
Last week four gorillas were slaughtered in Congo. With hunting on the rise, our most majestic animals are facing a new extinction crisis.

By Sharon Begley
Newsweek

Aug. 6, 2007 issue - On the lush plains of Congo's Virunga National Park last week, the convoy of porters rounded the final hill and trooped into camp. They gently set down the wooden frame they had carried for miles, and with it the very symbol of the African jungle: a 600-pound silverback mountain gorilla. A leader of a troop often visited by tourists, his arms and legs were lashed to the wood, his head hanging low and spots of blood speckling his fur. The barefoot porters, shirts torn and pants caked with dust from their trek, lay him beside three smaller gorillas, all females, who had also been killed, then silently formed a semicircle around the bodies. As the stench of death wafted across the camp in the waning afternoon light, a park warden stepped forward. "What man would do this?" he thundered. He answered himself: "Not even a beast would do this."

Please share your views on the issue.

"One hour from now,
Another species of life form
Will disappear off the face of the planet
Forever...and the rate is accelerating."

As long as squirrels get on that list sometime soon! :cmad:

The only thing I don't care that dies are those darned sharks. We kill off all those suckers...we can swim in the water, surf, and even have an abundance of edible fish like tuna. It's a win/win for everyone.

are you trying to make me feel guilty for my gorilla-skin suit?

They need to take the focus off of saving these asexual, lazy-ass, ******ed Pandas and shift it to the wicked gorillas.

The only thing I don't care that dies are those darned sharks. We kill off all those suckers...we can swim in the water, surf, and even have an abundance of edible fish like tuna. It's a win/win for everyone.

except what the tuna fish eat:cwink:

Idiot, sharks are vital to the ecosystem. It would be terrible for the world oceans if their apex predator was gone. The truth is the would isn't going to fall apart if we lose Pandas or Gorillas, but predators as a rule, especially apex are necessary for a healthy ecosystem. Keep your ass out of the ocean and you'll find that you don't get attacked. :cwink:

sharks don't eat tuna, they prefer bigger catch. It's humans that over fishing

sharks don't eat tuna, they prefer bigger catch. It's humans that over fishing
Great Whites eat - Seals, Sea Lions, Penguins, Dolphins, Small Whales, Tuna and other sharks.
Don't preach untruths! :(
I've seen sharks ripping in to tuna.
It made me hungry.

Take that you b*tches. That's for trying to say humans came from monkeys.

Great Whites eat - Seals, Sea Lions, Penguins, Dolphins, Small Whales, Tuna and other sharks.
Don't preach untruths! :(
I've seen sharks ripping in to tuna.
It made me hungry.

Sharks eat just about whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"