Sequels Thor: Love and Thunder

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
A thread for all the news, hints and tidbits of info regarding the possibility of a Thor 4.
Here we can also discuss the future of the character in the MCU, which path can they take with Thor and his world, possible storylines, villains, other important characters from the Thor comic book world...

OrganicHorribleCaracal-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Chris Hemsworth visualized 'Thor 4' with director Taika Waititi on New Year's Eve
"We gave cheers to Thor 3. But it also was like, 'What could we do with four? We could do this and this.' We were throwing ideas around," says Hemsworth. "But also, just to work together again. That was one of the most enjoyable creative partnerships I’ve ever had."

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' Production Put on Hold (Exclusive)
one source says that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi recently had a meeting with Marvel, but it is unclear what project was discussed

Tessa Thompson on Valkyrie’s ‘Avengers: Endgame’ whereabouts and Captain Marvel shippers
"I heard that a pitch has happened for [another "Thor" film]. I don't know how real that intel is, but I hear that the pitch has happened. I think the idea is Taika [Waititi, who directed 'Ragnarok'] would come back."

One can only hope to get a little more of this greatness injected into the MCU, especially in a Thor film.

C2mAt9UXcAA4xsV.jpg

I still feel like the only options are Enchantress and Lorelei, Perrikus and Gorr at this point. If it's the former (and it may be since Lorelei is already cast) than the Simonson run is the natural story to tell which means that it would be a romcom about who would lead Asgard so I think that I'd throw the Mangog in as Lorelei's backup plan just in case the Enchantress or Karnilla manage to get in her way. Something where Thor must head into Hel to rescue the dead Asgardians and Valkior (assuming they don't come back in Endgame) after Enchantress cures him of her sister's spell and Thor heads back to Nornheim to battle the Mangog. (I'd also make Mangog a ridiculously hammy bad guy and get Amon Amarth to play in Thor's battle with him.)

Hemsworth is young enough for two more Thor films. Perrikus and Gorr would be the final two Thor baddies.

I'd also set up a second spin-off on Disney+ with Valkyrie, a repentant Lorelei, a young Swedish woman named Samantha Parrington and... Jane Foster as the Valkior. Jane would have died of Cancer from contact with the Reality Gem and ascended to Valhalla but can also wield Mjolnir now as she is worthy. (And Marvel just made her the new Valkyrie.)

Marvel should bring in Jason Aaron to help breath life into the script. Some of his comic book material with Thor has been the stuff of legend.

51xpkp8FlQL.jpg

I really want Viva Bianca as Enchantress.

Warrior Madness Thor

main-qimg-389a133b817cdcf694842a4ac5cf02df

Bring in Gorr The God Butcher and King Thor.

Thor's Berserker Rage is WAY Too Bloody For The MCU

The stuff in the comics tend to be a precursor to what happens in the movies. And Thor’s beserker rage aka Warrior Madness is just another natural step in the character’s evolution.

Here’s to wishing that gets explored in the future of the MCU. Potentially in a Thor 4.

Thor-in-Bloody-Berserker-Rage-Comic.jpg

Good to hear talk of more Chris in the role. I would assume we'll get Thor in GOTG3 in some capacity and then a fourth Thor film proper.

Warrior's Madness has to happen at some point in the MCU, it just has to.

At this point it does seem like it's going to be at least GOTG 3 and Thor 4.
Since we have Thor hanging out with the Guardians and them working so well together... Then Thor 4 with Taika Waititi seems to be definitely on the table. After that no-one knows really, but i suspect Thor might show up in the next Avengers movie as well...

Thor's history in the comics is so rich. He can be hanging out in the MCU for many years to come. It doesn't even matter Chris Hemsworth age because the older he gets the more King Thor and Old King Thor stuff is there to be explored. One day Marvel will introduce Galactus, maybe in 10 or more years and i could see Thor showing up then... OKT and Galactus history is just the stuff of dreams.

Having said all of this... One thing at a time. Next stop: GOTG 3.

Good to hear talk of more Chris in the role. I would assume we'll get Thor in GOTG3 in some capacity and then a fourth Thor film proper.
This makes so much sense. Unless...the second film he signed for is Avengers 5?!

Ragnarok is one of the very best MCU movies, if not the best, IMO. Another movie by Waititi would be great, IMO.

I suspect Thor4 will feature the Eternals as well as Hulk and Valkyrie.
End with Thor death and Beta Bill getting Stormbreaker

Taika Waititi to Direct 'Thor 4' (Exclusive)

Taika Waititi is returning to the many worlds of Thor.

Waititi brought his own stamp to the Thormovies with Ragnarok, infusing the movies with an idiosyncratic wit and a humane outlook with movies such as What We Do in the Shadows andHunt for the Wilderpeople. Audiences responded to the tune of almost $854 million worldwide while critics’ raves put the movie at 93 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. The move also rejuvenated what had been a rare declining franchise performer for Marvel.

Chris Hemsworth is expected to reprise his career-defining role as the Asgardian god of thunder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"