Ant-Man (2015): Rotten Tomatoes Watch/Predictions

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by MyDudeSpidey, Jun 15, 2015.

?

What will Ant-Man's RT score be?

1. 90-100%

2. 80-89%

3. 70-79%

4. 60-69%

5. 50-59%

6. 40-49%

7. 30-39%

8. 20-29%

9. 10-19%

10. 0-9%

11. 90-100%

12. 80-89%

13. 70-79%

14. 60-69%

15. 50-59%

16. 40-49%

17. 30-39%

18. 20-29%

19. 10-19%

20. 0-9%

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

Wow this kind of baffles me. I know I saw some reviews from Wright fanboys bashing the film and had a feeling those would come into effect here. I'm not super familiar with RT, isn't there both critic and fan ratings? As a person who has seen the film I can say that if that's the case when the average Joe sees this film they will not only say it's fresh but they will tell their friends and family to see it

2. MahvelBaby! Registered

I'm confused everything I've heard had been positive, I guess a lot of the negatives coming in early this time, oh well I've heard what I needed to hear.

3. MahvelBaby! Registered

Well this is obviously wb releasing the negatives early to get all the buzz on Sdcc trolololololol

4. Spidey-Lad93 Registered

Yes those people are probably big fans of comic book movies and superheroes in general but a lot of critics aren't the job of a critic is to watch movies that you maybe have no interest in

5. Pond Registered

Most people were saying AOU was the best of the best too until some here decided that out of 20 great reviews they were going to listen to the two that lend credit to theyr fears. Forget the past. Selective memory is not helping you with that. Forget the quality of the film. Quality has nothing to do with critics reception or box office, for good or bad, and certainly none of our assesments of it. Stop wondering why a movie you think is great is not seen as great by others.

Its early days. Dont panic. Alea is still not jacta ested... or something. Anything might happen yet. Lets hope for the best. :)

6. Spidey-Lad93 Registered

If this movie ends rotten I will be disappointed but Ant Man isn't that big(no pun Intended) of a character anyway there would be more of an outrage if The Force Awakens gets rotten or Batman Vs Superman

7. weezerspider Registered

Outside of comic book fans, Iron Man 3 is widely considered one of the best MCU films.

RT is simply the percentage of good reviews versus bad reviews so if half the critics give it a 10/10 and the other half give it a negative rating, then it finishes with a 50%. There are plenty of films that get rave reviews from a good portion of critics and still only finish in the low 70s.

8. Vincanws Registered

That depends on whether you count 42 positive, 8 negative as a lot. I don't think 84% is too bad (as according to what was posted a few posts ago)

9. Val_Zod No, I am not Calvin Ellis

I personally feel the "its one of the best Marvel movies" is too much of a knee-jerk reaction. The film hasn't fully come out, and this type of behaviour is really no different from the early reactions of TASM2. People said that was a the best Spiderman movie yet. We need to wait and see how these things pan out.

10. Spidey-Lad93 Registered

Hopefully all the negatives are being posted early this time and we get a bunch of positives and the score will shoot right up rather than the other way around an example being The Amazing Spider-Man 2

11. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

That's what has me interested. If the ratio is that heavily in favor of the positive reviews, it would be odd that RT is adding the negative ones first. Again, I wonder if that aforementioned post was missing a good chunk of the negative reviews that we just aren't seeing yet? That's the simplest explanation for it.

12. Pond Registered

13. TeeKay Registered

My expectations have lowered now.

14. Pond Registered

The only thing that matters is you. Critics, they are funny and fun, but its about you. And me. Mostly me, but you can have your own opinions too. Im generous like that.

15. LucDisfilm19 Registered

I think if we all go we'll be surprised. And, I think the RT 4 this will b between 80% & 85%.

16. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

CA:TFA started out in the 20% range before rising to the high 70's. Just depends on how all the reviews are submitted. No worries yet. Long way still to go.

17. Spidey-Lad93 Registered

No chance it's rated 62% already with the score going down if it was going to be rated 80% or 85% the current score would at least be in the 90s I think it get 45% hope I'm wrong

18. Spidey-Lad93 Registered

That's why RT shouldn't have a score for movies until it reaches 100 reviews a movie could be rated 100% based on 10 reviews and after a couple of weeks a bunch of negatives are posted and the movie is rotten

19. MahvelBaby! Registered

My expectations still high, but I freaking loved aou despute the reviews.

20. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I don't disagree with this, with big movies that are about to be released there should be a minimum number of reviews that go up before a consensus is put on there. 100 might be a little on the high side though.

21. culver3vlr22 Registered

the one review clearly says the movie would of been good had wright directed it. The critics wants another cult hit not another funny superhero movie that makes money so they bashed it. Just my opinion

22. SolarTiger Registered

I think I'll be happier with this movie than AoU, which I hyped up in my head way too much. I'm going into this with modest expectations and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

23. MyDudeSpidey Marvel's

24. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

At least 3 of blurbs for the negative reviews mention what could have been if Wright hadn't left. To do that seems like reviewers can't overlook his departure and are negatively dinging the film and Reed for not being Wright's baby anymore.

25. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

They can go to hell then, IMO. Their opinions are tainted and thus worthless to me if they are gonna approach it that way. Damn cine'stas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.